Do you think more racing games should be released?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GameboyTroy (2469 posts) -

I think so. I like playing racing games.

#2 Posted by SadPSPAddict (5461 posts) -

Certainly this year seems to be a bit light on new racing releases - with confirmed dates anyway.

#3 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Seems like there's an adequate number of racing games out or coming out. I'm looking forward to Test Drive: Ferrari Legends in July and then Project CARS is coming out next year. In the meantime I guess there's also F1 2012 as well. Don't know what else is scheduled.

Been thinking of getting a 360 so I can play the Forza games, but then I'd have to buy another steering wheel and then it starts getting a bit expensive. Probably be worth it though.

#4 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -

Yes they need to release more racing games. Love them and they're not enough of them for me.

#5 Posted by Dexter-010 (533 posts) -
They don't have to bring out more racing games. Need For Speed, F1, Forza/Gran Turismo, MX vs. ATV, SBK and Burnout are the greatest racing games there are. I don't think any other game could compete with one of these games in there genre.
#6 Posted by Frieza99 (232 posts) -
I liked the "need for speed series" because for the game modes ........so racing games should be releases like need for speed.
#7 Posted by Frieza99 (232 posts) -
I liked the "need for speed series"among all the racing games ........so racing games should be releases like need for speed.
#8 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -

More racing games are always a good thing. Just keep adding more cars and more tracks cause you can never have enough. There are still so many cars out there that hasn't made it in GT, Forza or NFS. Keep making good racinf games and I'll keep buying them. Rather have more racing games instead of crapy rpg games.

#9 Posted by Adri6 (25 posts) -

There are never enough of racing games that is true. However there are some great ones to our disposal so like this it is just fine for me. But all in all rfactor 2, GTR 3 and some other sim racing games should pick up the pace with releasing their products.

#10 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -

There are still so many things that can still be done with racing games. I enjoy racing the high end cars and even the F1 cars. But I would loike to see either GT or Forza do more everyday cars. Then people can see their car and fix it up and race it before they drop a lot of money into the real thing if they wanted. Keep it real, no after market parts for every car. ie if no one makes a blower for your car or a turbo, then you can't just slap one on in the game. This could really open things up for on line racing. Run what you brung.

#11 Posted by aussiemuscle (110 posts) -
Been thinking of getting a 360 so I can play the Forza games, but then I'd have to buy another steering wheel and then it starts getting a bit expensive. Probably be worth it though.Jackc8
If you have a PC wheel like Logitech G25/27 you can get an adapter to run it on XBOX 360. i've got one on order, so hopefully it works as well as they claim.
#12 Posted by MuddyMaestro (10346 posts) -

I don't think there needs to be a higher quantity of racing games, but I do think the genre has been a bit lackluster in terms of its quality. Sure, we have had plenty of great racing games, but it has been a very long time since we've had a racing game that is GOTY quality. I believe it is possible for the genre to produce a game of such quality, but there has been little innovation compared to other genres, and racing games keep returning to the safe route that continually generates money to the publishers, but doesn't push the racing genre forward.

#13 Posted by CADMAN_3 (1187 posts) -

I don't think there needs to be a higher quantity of racing games, but I do think the genre has been a bit lackluster in terms of its quality. Sure, we have had plenty of great racing games, but it has been a very long time since we've had a racing game that is GOTY quality. I believe it is possible for the genre to produce a game of such quality, but there has been little innovation compared to other genres, and racing games keep returning to the safe route that continually generates money to the publishers, but doesn't push the racing genre forward.

MuddyMaestro

I agree with you on that, but at the same time the market has been flooded with FPS and RPG's. There are still a lot of differnt types of racing that could be covered but only if it's done well. Rally racing and I'm not talking about that Dirt crap either) real Rally racing like Colin McRae. Codemaster has really jacked that game up along with the F1 games. You got the likes of BTCC, DTM, WTCC that could be done and done right and I think it would sell pretty good. We have enough arcade racing games and no one has really challenged GT or Forza for sim racing games.

#14 Posted by xNikitaz (27 posts) -
Of course, it has to be released.