Do you research a game b4 you buy it????

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

The games I want, I know about before they get released, via the internet....like everyone else.
All other games, I just wait until they are under 20 bucks and sometimes I even do that with the games I've been following.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I look at a couple of quick looks and some reviews, but those don't always dissuade me. If I think it looks the slightest bit interesting then I'll eventually buy it.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

The way the gaming industry is now, you'd be a fool not to research a game before purchase. Especially with DLC's and season passes. Bad enough most gamers pre-order games strictly based on the hype. Actual gameplay vids are the best source next to renting them or playing the demo. Amazon reviews are pretty good as well.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I research the crap out of a game before I buy it (at least 90% of the time), gameplay, screenshots, dev interviews, trailers. I do the works when it comes down to researching a game that I really want to buy, of course I still have those purchases that I'm like w/e.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

My extent of research is mostly on forums like these. I try to stay away from previews.

vickyjohn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 vickyjohn1
Member since 2014 • 38 Posts

I always used to see the reviews about games, moreover my cousin bro is pro gamer and i always asks him a suggestion before buying a game....

annoellyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By annoellyn
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

if it's a cheap game, i'll buy it to check it out (cheap to me being under 20). if it's over 20, i'll look into reviews and whatnot.