Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Aside from GameFly and handful of other places, Redbox really stands as the biggest game rental place out there since redboxs are all over the places. I see their game rental services as a good way for people to try out the hottest games, helping them confirming their purchase on that product. Also, it's super cheap as it only cost about 1- 2 dollars. And the game developers and publishers get extra win as they get to sell all those copies to Redbox so that redbox may put those games in their kiosks.

So in the end, it's a win-win for all parties involved.

Do you rent games from Redbox?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i dont rent i buy all my games

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@sukraj said:

I tried renting games when they first started popping up on Redbox. I didn't like it that much, but I was able to play through most of HomeFront as that was the first game I rented from there. At this point though, I know enough about a lot of the games, they I don't necessarily need to rent them from Redbox to try them out anymore. So I rock the same boat as you and buy all my games (and keep them).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@behardy24 said:

@sukraj said:

I tried renting games when they first started popping up on Redbox. I didn't like it that much, but I was able to play through most of HomeFront as that was the first game I rented from there. At this point though, I know enough about a lot of the games, they I don't necessarily need to rent them from Redbox to try them out anymore. So I rock the same boat as you and buy all my games (and keep them).

That's cool bruv, how long do you get to keep the games if u rent them?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Aside from GameFly and handful of other places, Redbox really stands as the biggest game rental place out there since redboxs are all over the places. I see their game rental services as a good way for people to try out the hottest games, helping them confirming their purchase on that product. Also, it's super cheap as it only cost about 1- 2 dollars. And the game developers and publishers get extra win as they get to sell all those copies to Redbox so that redbox may put those games in their kiosks.

So in the end, it's a win-win for all parties involved.

Do you rent games from Redbox?

We don't have Redbox but we have libraries and yes i do rent games, some games are just not worth buying before they are on sale at least 75% off and sometimes that takes ages. So better to rent than to wait.

slakkmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slakkmichael
Member since 2013 • 32 Posts

Sometimes but I mostly just buy games from Gamestop or Amazon.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#7 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I rent from Redbox if it's a game I'm unsure about fully purchasing. If I like it, I'll buy it. If not, then I feel better knowing I only spent 2-4 bucks instead of a full 60.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

No, in fact I don't rent games at all. I already know the games I'll enjoy before they even come out and there's a lot of games I want to get so this creates a backlog for me. I'd rather just purchase my games not only to own them but it also allows me to play them at my own pace, renting them makes me feel like I need to rush.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Yes I use Redbox and Gamefly to rent games I am unsure about. I'd much rather pay $2 to try out a questionable game, than spend $60. Only to find out the game just isn't that great.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

Every now and then. Not too often though. The only games I rented last gen were Skyrim, Borderlands 2, and Beyond. I ended up buying all of them.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I do not rent games anymore.