I have been wondering this myself. I like both third person and first person games equally. But which do you like playing more in Skyrim? I just want to know your gamers opinions, and why you have that paticular opinion. Thanks Gamespot!
This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: June 24, 2012
- Posts: 20
- Member Since: August 5, 2010
- Posts: 4
- GameSpot Moderator
- Member Since: December 6, 2007
- Posts: 10838
- Member Since: July 25, 2012
- Posts: 34
- Member Since: April 17, 2006
- Posts: 22
- Member Since: October 25, 2005
- Posts: 11
- Member Since: March 25, 2004
- Posts: 4468
I like 3rd-person view for walking around. The animations look good & I like the different walking speeds (with a gamepad). They can look a little weird when sneaking around certain environments though. Sometimes 1st-person view is better for sneaking through cramped cooridors. I tend to use 1st-person for fighting. I don't think it looks very good in 3rd person.
- Member Since: February 12, 2012
- Posts: 106
- Member Since: August 5, 2012
- Posts: 19
- Member Since: August 7, 2012
- Posts: 24
- Member Since: August 10, 2012
- Posts: 3
- Member Since: November 19, 2010
- Posts: 20
- Member Since: July 16, 2005
- Posts: 3
Hey guys, Im a masters student working on a thesis to develop a list of guidelines for RPG game developers. Its purpose is to help game developers create better games by having a strong foundation. Check out this post if you're interested.
- Member Since: July 11, 2012
- Posts: 1
- Member Since: April 24, 2012
- Posts: 9
- Member Since: November 24, 2009
- Posts: 1656
- Member Since: January 24, 2012
- Posts: 66
- Member Since: October 23, 2013
- Posts: 10
The floating camera view with a gun hovering in your face is the least realistic way to play a game.
Look down, Do you see your feet?
Games have amazingly real character models and equipment textures, and you don't see any of that in FPS mode (besides maybe gloves). If I earn some flashy gear i wanna look at it.
Luckily this lame FPS view with die out soon because in the next few years the REAL First Person View will take over (Virtual Reality). 'Oculus Rift' is already available in Beta form and a more polished version is coming out as soon as next year. Another company is developing the 'castAR' glasses which are slightly different with cameras on each eye.
Welcome to a realistic first person view.
- Member Since: December 19, 2007
- Posts: 5340