Do you ever watch Gaming channels on YouTube? :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SGTTangoGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SGTTangoGaming
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Hi guy's SGTTango here,

I've been on YouTube as a commentator for a while now and even though the community is HUGE there's people who wouldn't even think to watch someone else play a game when they can play it themselves!

Do you ever watch YouTuber's play games on YouTube? if so, who do you enjoy watching?

-SGTTangoGaming

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Nope lol

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
@sgttangogaming said:

Hi guy's SGTTango here,

I've been on YouTube as a commentator for a while now and even though the community is HUGE there's people who wouldn't even think to watch someone else play a game when they can play it themselves!

Do you ever watch YouTuber's play games on YouTube? if so, who do you enjoy watching?

-SGTTangoGaming

I generally don't watch much game play on YouTube and generally stick to things like zero punctuation reviews and WTF stuff. I have watched a fair bit of multi player stuff from Next Gen Tactics as I quite like multiple gamer commentary as the interactions are very funny.

Just_Tom__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Just_Tom__
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I have started watching stuff on youtube recently, but not so much gameplay. I found myself drawn to reviews or discussions about games I have finished.

I did try twitch tv a few times but often didn't find much that interested me.

Anyone want to leave any links to youtube or twitch channels maybe? :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

No, i hate Let's Plays and all that bs if you ask me. I like walkthrough's of games if i am stuck at one part, but other than that, no, i hate them

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I really like Classic Game Room, i think Mark makes some of the best video reviews ever.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

I only do game videos on YouTube if i'm watching Angry Video Game Nerd or looking at a walkthrough. Otherwise, it is more appealing for me to play the game myself rather than watching someone play it for me.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Nope. Usually when I hit youtube for something gaming-related, it's browsing through video game soundtracks. It's rather pleasing to find so many vg soundtracks on YT.

I don't watch LPs or anything like that. 1. I'd rather play the game myself, and 2. There's only so much I can take of people telling me to subscribe.

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

If I get really into a game I might watch some video play through's or discussions. One guy I really like is EpicNameBro who's Dark Souls videos are the best out there. If you like anything to do with Dark Souls check him out.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

Yes,but I prefer do it myself.

The thing is that I find this channel as a pushover. I watched "World of Longplays",damn,they are pushing themselves way too hard for every single game

The url is www.youtube.com/user/cubex55

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No

Complete waste of time.

Jasurim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Jasurim
Member since 2013 • 507 Posts

Not as a regular thing, but I have once in a while. More-so for story heavy games, I like seeing other peoples reactions to certain moments or their thoughts on the matter.

luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

When I'm at work on our store's crappy computer and don't have anything else to do, and business is slow, I like to watch stuff like that. I'm subscribed to like... pewdiepie, theangryjoeshow, the angry video game nerd's channel, and some others that I can't think of right off. I always thought watching videos like that would be a complete waste of time, and not very entertaining. But I got hooked pretty quick lol

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zijuun
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Yes.

When I want to buy a game, I look at game walkthroughs for the type of story and gameplay it has. Also when I need help completing an impossible level, I refer to YouTube videos.

But yeah ^, other than this it's a waste of time. I don't like to watch other people play, it's boring and a waste of time. Unless what they're doing is beneficial in some way to me or it's amusing to watch. :P

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I like watching Hypnotoad Productions channel. He usually plays interesting games and often times has some tips that can be helpful.

Other than that though, not much. I prefer to watch streams on Twitch if I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, i hate Let's Plays and all that bs if you ask me. I like walkthrough's of games if i am stuck at one part, but other than that, no, i hate them

Pretty much this. But I've occasionally watch a bit of them if I can't find a specific walkthrough and I maybe wanna see who someone did a particular thing/action that I might be stuck. That's about the only time I watch them, as I tend to get bored and annoyed w/ hearing someone else playing a game and not me. I don't necessarily hate them, my attention span just ain't gone let me sit and watch for an extended period of time, lol.

Now like others have said I don't mind watching/subbing to game related shit like review things (hey I sub GS!! Be proud of me, GS, lol), trailers, or even specific publisher/dev created channels. I do that quite frequently, actually.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

Not prior to my own playthrough, no... I abhor having foreknowledge that undermines the natural unfolding of a narrative.

Which is why I'll also avoid marketing hype as much as humanly possible.

And only read those reviews/reviewers I can trust not to spoil my experience... I skip most of the 'official' reviews here. :|

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@PumpkinBoogie said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Pretty much this. But I've occasionally watch a bit of them if I can't find a specific walkthrough and I maybe wanna see who someone did a particular thing/action that I might be stuck. That's about the only time I watch them, as I tend to get bored and annoyed w/ hearing someone else playing a game and not me. I don't necessarily hate them, my attention span just ain't gone let me sit and watch for an extended period of time, lol.

Now like others have said I don't mind watching/subbing to game related shit like review things (hey I sub GS!! Be proud of me, GS, lol), trailers, or even specific publisher/dev created channels. I do that quite frequently, actually.

That's different though. I just can't stand people doing their cheesy commentary when playing games. I want to watch a game in piece and quiet and playing it. And if i want to see something i haven't managed to do, i don't want some dude or girl ranting while playing

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#20  Edited By VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

No, never: I prefer getting my own experience from playing a game, and if ever I am stuck, I recur to old-fashioned GameFAQs walkthroughs to help me out...

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PumpkinBoogie said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That's different though. I just can't stand people doing their cheesy commentary when playing games. I want to watch a game in piece and quiet and playing it. And if i want to see something i haven't managed to do, i don't want some dude or girl ranting while playing

Oh hell yeah, I completely agree w/ you on that one. Those type of 'let's play' vids are the ones I can't stand to look at the most, either. lol

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

I watch the Game Grumps, although it's not the same without Jontron. He was by far the funniest guy on that show. He kept things exciting.

Jontron>>>>>>Danny>>Arin