Do you ever watch Gaming channels on YouTube? :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SGTTangoGaming (8 posts) -

Hi guy's SGTTango here,

I've been on YouTube as a commentator for a while now and even though the community is HUGE there's people who wouldn't even think to watch someone else play a game when they can play it themselves!

Do you ever watch YouTuber's play games on YouTube? if so, who do you enjoy watching?

-SGTTangoGaming

#2 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

Nope lol

#3 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Hi guy's SGTTango here,

I've been on YouTube as a commentator for a while now and even though the community is HUGE there's people who wouldn't even think to watch someone else play a game when they can play it themselves!

Do you ever watch YouTuber's play games on YouTube? if so, who do you enjoy watching?

-SGTTangoGaming

I generally don't watch much game play on YouTube and generally stick to things like zero punctuation reviews and WTF stuff. I have watched a fair bit of multi player stuff from Next Gen Tactics as I quite like multiple gamer commentary as the interactions are very funny.

#4 Edited by Just_Tom__ (10 posts) -

I have started watching stuff on youtube recently, but not so much gameplay. I found myself drawn to reviews or discussions about games I have finished.

I did try twitch tv a few times but often didn't find much that interested me.

Anyone want to leave any links to youtube or twitch channels maybe? :)

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69080 posts) -

No, i hate Let's Plays and all that bs if you ask me. I like walkthrough's of games if i am stuck at one part, but other than that, no, i hate them

#6 Edited by Lucianu (9287 posts) -

I really like Classic Game Room, i think Mark makes some of the best video reviews ever.

#7 Posted by chicknfeet (15621 posts) -

I only do game videos on YouTube if i'm watching Angry Video Game Nerd or looking at a walkthrough. Otherwise, it is more appealing for me to play the game myself rather than watching someone play it for me.

#8 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

Nope. Usually when I hit youtube for something gaming-related, it's browsing through video game soundtracks. It's rather pleasing to find so many vg soundtracks on YT.

I don't watch LPs or anything like that. 1. I'd rather play the game myself, and 2. There's only so much I can take of people telling me to subscribe.

#9 Posted by puddinghead101 (151 posts) -

If I get really into a game I might watch some video play through's or discussions. One guy I really like is EpicNameBro who's Dark Souls videos are the best out there. If you like anything to do with Dark Souls check him out.

#10 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2878 posts) -

Yes,but I prefer do it myself.

The thing is that I find this channel as a pushover. I watched "World of Longplays",damn,they are pushing themselves way too hard for every single game

The url is www.youtube.com/user/cubex55

#11 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2150 posts) -

No

Complete waste of time.

#12 Posted by Jasurim (41 posts) -

Not as a regular thing, but I have once in a while. More-so for story heavy games, I like seeing other peoples reactions to certain moments or their thoughts on the matter.

#13 Posted by luno-gamer (405 posts) -

When I'm at work on our store's crappy computer and don't have anything else to do, and business is slow, I like to watch stuff like that. I'm subscribed to like... pewdiepie, theangryjoeshow, the angry video game nerd's channel, and some others that I can't think of right off. I always thought watching videos like that would be a complete waste of time, and not very entertaining. But I got hooked pretty quick lol

#14 Posted by Zijuun (93 posts) -

Yes.

When I want to buy a game, I look at game walkthroughs for the type of story and gameplay it has. Also when I need help completing an impossible level, I refer to YouTube videos.

But yeah ^, other than this it's a waste of time. I don't like to watch other people play, it's boring and a waste of time. Unless what they're doing is beneficial in some way to me or it's amusing to watch. :P

#16 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

I like watching Hypnotoad Productions channel. He usually plays interesting games and often times has some tips that can be helpful.

Other than that though, not much. I prefer to watch streams on Twitch if I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

#17 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

No, i hate Let's Plays and all that bs if you ask me. I like walkthrough's of games if i am stuck at one part, but other than that, no, i hate them

Pretty much this. But I've occasionally watch a bit of them if I can't find a specific walkthrough and I maybe wanna see who someone did a particular thing/action that I might be stuck. That's about the only time I watch them, as I tend to get bored and annoyed w/ hearing someone else playing a game and not me. I don't necessarily hate them, my attention span just ain't gone let me sit and watch for an extended period of time, lol.

Now like others have said I don't mind watching/subbing to game related shit like review things (hey I sub GS!! Be proud of me, GS, lol), trailers, or even specific publisher/dev created channels. I do that quite frequently, actually.

#18 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1266 posts) -

Not prior to my own playthrough, no... I abhor having foreknowledge that undermines the natural unfolding of a narrative.

Which is why I'll also avoid marketing hype as much as humanly possible.

And only read those reviews/reviewers I can trust not to spoil my experience... I skip most of the 'official' reviews here. :|

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69080 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Pretty much this. But I've occasionally watch a bit of them if I can't find a specific walkthrough and I maybe wanna see who someone did a particular thing/action that I might be stuck. That's about the only time I watch them, as I tend to get bored and annoyed w/ hearing someone else playing a game and not me. I don't necessarily hate them, my attention span just ain't gone let me sit and watch for an extended period of time, lol.

Now like others have said I don't mind watching/subbing to game related shit like review things (hey I sub GS!! Be proud of me, GS, lol), trailers, or even specific publisher/dev created channels. I do that quite frequently, actually.

That's different though. I just can't stand people doing their cheesy commentary when playing games. I want to watch a game in piece and quiet and playing it. And if i want to see something i haven't managed to do, i don't want some dude or girl ranting while playing

#20 Edited by VintAge68 (387 posts) -

No, never: I prefer getting my own experience from playing a game, and if ever I am stuck, I recur to old-fashioned GameFAQs walkthroughs to help me out...

#21 Edited by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

@PumpkinBoogie said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That's different though. I just can't stand people doing their cheesy commentary when playing games. I want to watch a game in piece and quiet and playing it. And if i want to see something i haven't managed to do, i don't want some dude or girl ranting while playing

Oh hell yeah, I completely agree w/ you on that one. Those type of 'let's play' vids are the ones I can't stand to look at the most, either. lol

#22 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8597 posts) -

I watch the Game Grumps, although it's not the same without Jontron. He was by far the funniest guy on that show. He kept things exciting.

Jontron>>>>>>Danny>>Arin