Do you ever wanna replay a game.......

#1 Edited by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

.......but you remember there’s that one f**king level or mission that makes you go “Actually, maybe not”???

If so what game was it and what level scares you off replaying it?

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

Bayonetta..... The Isla Del Sol level.... It always makes me pause but eventually I'l replay it.

And the Mine level in President Evil 5..... I never really liked it.

Oh and any level in any game where you are forced to go without your weapons.... Boring !

#3 Edited by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

@ariabed: Hmm not really.

But i almost never replay any game. they are simply not worth it and once i know the story i know the story.

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Then you're doing it wrong.... Its like saying you don't exercise because you know the routine.

#5 Posted by mastermetal777 (537 posts) -

I always have second thoughts about going through Blighttown whenever I play Dark Souls. It's not so much the difficulty (although there is that) but more so that it is almost unplayable due to its horrid framerate. Nowhere else in the game does the framerate drop so drastically.

#6 Posted by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Then you're doing it wrong.... Its like saying you don't exercise because you know the routine.

You got it all wrong there, with exercise there is a purpose a goal.

Replaying a game is like watching paint dry pointless.

#7 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

No. There are a on occasion parts I do not like but if I hate a part that much chances are I will not want to replay the game to begin with.

#8 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Perhaps if you seem them as some sort of result.... But the whole point of gaming is repitition..... Multiplayer is entirely built on this concept..... If you look at game as just an end to justify the means then you are mostly certainly doing it wrong.... I mean what if you were playing a fighter game ? Would you call it a day after completing story mode... A racing game, would you pat yourself on the back after finishing career mode..... Thats just wrong dude.... If you don't like something enough to do it 400 times then why bother doing it once ? Might aswell just watch a movie...

#9 Posted by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Perhaps if you seem them as some sort of result.... But the whole point of gaming is repitition..... Multiplayer is entirely built on this concept..... If you look at game as just an end to justify the means then you are mostly certainly doing it wrong.... I mean what if you were playing a fighter game ? Would you call it a day after completing story mode... A racing game, would you pat yourself on the back after finishing career mode..... Thats just wrong dude.... If you don't like something enough to do it 400 times then why bother doing it once ? Might aswell just watch a movie...

I dont play multiplayer games.

And i play games for its story for its ability to draw me in and create a believable atmosphere. So the story or ending has to really be different for me to replay it, otherwise i can live with having gotten the best ending.

Also i dont play racing games, can't stand them or most sports games.

#10 Posted by SovietsUnited (1770 posts) -

When I get the urge to replay Soul Reaver I instantly remember The Silent Cathedral block puzzles which automatically kills that replay for me lol
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero platforming levels and Ghosts n' Goblins Stage 3 as well

#11 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Obviously you're going to want proof... But I shouldn't have to do this, its pretty obvious playing it multiple times undermines the experience.... Your choices no longer feel choices because you already know whats behind door number 2......

www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/698809/quantic-dreams-david-cage-play-heavy-rain-several-times-kill-the-magic-of-it/

#12 Edited by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Obviously you're going to want proof... But I shouldn't have to do this, its pretty obvious playing it multiple times undermines the experience.... Your choices no longer feel choices because you already know whats behind door number 2......

www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/698809/quantic-dreams-david-cage-play-heavy-rain-several-times-kill-the-magic-of-it/

lol wrong thread :D

But thanks for the link

#13 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Yeah... I get so easily turned around.... But in my defense I've been self medicating pretty hard.... Its flue season and I'm chugging pills like tic tacs.... Keeps away the headaches.... And it feels really good...

DISCLAIMER: Don't do Drugs !

Anyway.... If thats how you played your games then how did you get by during the good old days of Pong and Astroids ?

#14 Posted by Jacanuk (3620 posts) -

@Jacanuk

Yeah... I get so easily turned around.... But in my defense I've been self medicating pretty hard.... Its flue season and I'm chugging pills like tic tacs.... Keeps away the headaches.... And it feels really good...

DISCLAIMER: Don't do Drugs !

Anyway.... If thats how you played your games then how did you get by during the good old days of Pong and Astroids ?

Well, im not that old Lulu but thanks for thinking that.

I got into gaming during the late 80´s and early 90´s so that was the Playstation and PC and there was plenty of good story games then, after all it wasn't just moba´s and shooters.

#15 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16372 posts) -

Anor Londo in Dark Souls. It's a humongous hurdle not matter your build or how many times you play through it.

#16 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23068 posts) -

Skyrim

I'd like to replay it with a new character then I suddenly remember all of the Dwemer ruins and crypts filled with a ton of draugr.

#17 Edited by HipHopBeats (2836 posts) -

Mass Effect 1, then I remember the lackluster combat, the long loading screens during elevator rides and the long ass repetitive Mako runs over mountainous terrain on damn near every planet you land on hoping I don't run into those overly loud thresher maws.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@HipHopBeats

Couldn't you just drive away ? I remember Thresher Maws only come out on Flat terrain......

#19 Posted by Pffrbt (6355 posts) -

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero platforming levels

That entire game is terrible platforming, instant death traps, and terrible combat. It's an awful, awful game, why would you think about replaying it?

#20 Posted by EnoshimaJunko (189 posts) -

Metroid Prime 2. Because the Spider Ball Guardian is such an annoying pain in the ass. still not sure how I managed to beat that thing the first 2 times.....

#21 Posted by SovietsUnited (1770 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@SovietsUnited said:

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero platforming levels

That entire game is terrible platforming, instant death traps, and terrible combat. It's an awful, awful game, why would you think about replaying it?

I like it :P

#22 Posted by Heirren (15961 posts) -

If I do ever replay a game it is usually a long while after the last time I played the game, unless it is something like snes Starfox or Galaga--true classics. For example, I started up Mario Sunshine because that type of design doesn't really exist anymore.

#23 Posted by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

@Jacanuk: what about games where there are multiple paths or games where there are lots of weapons/abilities and you may want to play through again with weapons/abilities you didn't use the first time, often games offer multiple paths and multiple weapon and ability choices giving the player a whole new experience when replaying.

#24 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

So we all know theres no point to replaying a Puzzle Game right ?......

As soon as I shake this flu I'm gona try alil experiment......

I'm gona get totally Shitfaced and kill so many braincells and see If I can re-experience Portal 2 all over again like it was the 1st time....

I'l post what little details I remember.... ;)

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Ariabed

I've replayed Bayonetta over 12 times now (6 times as Jean) and I still need to master Kulshedra and Odette weapons. I actually just learned 5 new techniques in my most recent playthrough.

#26 Posted by jasean79 (2146 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox. I think I made it to the 3rd boss before realizing just how difficult that game really is. As cool as it was to play, the boss battles ruined it for me.

#27 Edited by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: I never played bayonetta, I got the demo and thought it was cool, but I'm not really into those kinda games it reminded me of DMC. I never realised that there's quite a bit of depth to the gameplay. I liked ninja gaiden on the 360, (not the new one) it had a lot of weapons and techniques to master, is bayonetta similar in that respect?

#28 Posted by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

@jasean79: yeah I usually tried to stay away from games with bosses in my younger day, I just didn't have the patience for them, I'm still not that fond of bosses but I surprised my self by getting through dark souls, must be getting more tolerant in my old age :)

#29 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Ariabed

never played Ninja Gaiden but from what I know Bayonetta's alot more forgiving.... On normal.... Its got two more difficulties if you feel like scratching that Masochistic itch.....

I'm actually a slow learner.... I got D ranks in every single chapter when I first played it and when I finally got to the end had already died 60 times....... 80 hours of gameplay later and I'm much better at it now :p

#30 Posted by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: ninja gaiden would of been one of my favourite games of all time if it wasn't for those gosh darn bosses.

Oh by the way get well soon :)

#31 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Ariabed

Thank You..... Feeling Pretty "well" right now, damn I love modern medicine, I'm not even taking anti-biotics..... Its just pain and fever meds..... If my flu clears up before my supply runs dry then I can use whats left to "enhance" my "experiment".

Look at all dem quotation marks.... :p

#32 Posted by Ariabed (1094 posts) -
#33 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Ariabed

Oh Yeah..... Totally....

Drugs are like... Awesome.... Except for when they're like.... Not Awesome.... Sooooo Whatever ! *Swallows another pill like Dr House*

anything to Keep away the Head Ache and Stiff Joints away..... Sadly theres nothing for the Violent Diarrhea ! :(

#34 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Ariabed

Oh Yeah..... Totally....

Drugs are like... Awesome.... Except for when they're like.... Not Awesome.... Sooooo Whatever ! *Swallows another pill like Dr House*

anything to Keep away the Head Ache and Stiff Joints away..... Sadly theres nothing for the Violent Diarrhea ! :(

#35 Posted by Ariabed (1094 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: "Sadly theres nothing for the Violent Diarrhea"

Oh dear.... I guess you're not pushing out those farts as confidently as you normally would lol

#36 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@Ariabed

Ofcourse ! Nobody's Invincible ! Thinking you are is the 1st step to an extremely embarrasing day at work..... A terrible time no to have a spare pair of Pants......

#37 Posted by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Or Devil May cry. I would ruin my controllers playing them:(

#38 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3468 posts) -

I always want to play Oblivion again and then I remember how much i hated closing all the crappy oblivion gates and kinda lose my urge to do that again. so boring.

there aren't many games i feel like replaying, but theres a few on my list i will always want to play again after enough time passes.

Theres a lot of moments you get to a point in a game that ruin the entire game almost and pretty much make it unbearable to play through again because of it. It could be difficult or buggy or just boring things.

#39 Posted by Sythorous (10 posts) -

I don't feel like there is a point of playing a level over and over again in a heavy story based game. But I did replay Cat Mario over and over again...