Do You Buy Artbooks of Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dujubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dujubear
Member since 2013 • 104 Posts

If so, what do you own?

I own the Art of Blizzard, and Art of Mass Effect. Pre-ordered Art of Naughty Dog, and Dragon Age Inquisition.

Oh and I own some artbooks thats free on Collector's Editions, like Diablo 3, SC2, WarCraft 3.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@dujubear said:

If so, what do you own?

I own the Art of Blizzard, and Art of Mass Effect. Pre-ordered Art of Naughty Dog, and Dragon Age Inquisition.

Oh and I own some artbooks thats free on Collector's Editions, like Diablo 3, SC2, WarCraft 3.

Hmm, depends , would never buy a standalone but in a sense i do buy the art books when its included in the collectors or deluxe edition.

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

I never go out of my way to buy them.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i dont all i want is the game.

Avatar image for empiresdownfall
EmpiresDownfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By EmpiresDownfall
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

The only art books Ive ever had was Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection.

The only reason I had those is because they came with the collectors editions of the games.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Not counting collector's edition stuff or strategy guides, I have "The History of Sonic the Hedgehog" and "The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia." The Sonic book is really good, but I think the Zelda one is just so-so.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I've got one sealed hardcover edition of Hyrule Historia [the green one] and one that I opened - haven't really read it, to be honest. I pre-ordered the limited edition one too but I guess I was too late.

I've also got the special edition hardcover version of the Megaman x Megaman X Official Complete Works.

I wish Nintendo would release a complete encyclopedia covering the Famicom Disk System/Famicom/NES/SNES and all their games from each region pictured with details, including interviews, concept art etc.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The Japanese Shadow of the Colossus "making of" artbook. Back when I was really into the game I bought everything associated with it. Figures, soundtrack, artbook, etc.

I also bought the Arkham City Special Edition that came with one (that also, stupidly, doubled as the game case) but I spent the extra money for the Kotobukiya Batman statuette.