Do you always finish games?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by The_Last_Ride (72434 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Do you always finish games? (74 votes)

YES! 18%
No, rarely 9%
I try to complete most of them 43%
I a game is bad and wasting my time, i am not finishing it 23%
I will never finish all my games, too big of a backlog 7%

Just wondering if you guys finish games you buy or just have a big backlog . Do you try to at least play them and finish them?

#51 Posted by Minishdriveby (10033 posts) -

Long RPGs are my only downfall, but usually I finish the games I buy.

#52 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72434 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

Long RPGs are my only downfall, but usually I finish the games I buy.

those are the games i always finish for some reason

#53 Posted by princetrase (19 posts) -

No, I do not. Especially when it is a adventure or rpg game. I tend to get 90% of the main campaign finished, before starting a new campaign on a harder difficulty. Then I finish 50% of that and move on to a new game. This happened to games like The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery.

#54 Edited by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

I can count the number of games I've finished this year on one hand. And I don't even use the whole hand. I'm terrible at starting something and then starting one or two other things in the middle of playing it.

For instance, I got about 30% the way into Grand Theft Auto V, then decided it was time to play Arkham City, and there was going to be nothing to stop me from playing it (including a very noisy 360, which is why I bought the PS3 GOTY edition and started from scratch). Not even the fact I was enjoying GTAV could stop me. It was time to don the cowl and get to work.

#55 Posted by TAMKFan (32755 posts) -

I do finish the majority of them.

#56 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

depends.

if it's difficult for the right reasons, i'll try my best and usually succeed.

if it's just frustrating, too long, or too boring, i wont force myself.

#57 Posted by BigCat2K20 (249 posts) -

I do my best to complete each & every game. There are an few games (Afro Samurai, Hitman Absolution & etc) I haven't finished due to renting them & not having enough time to beat it.

#58 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72434 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I can count the number of games I've finished this year on one hand. And I don't even use the whole hand. I'm terrible at starting something and then starting one or two other things in the middle of playing it.

For instance, I got about 30% the way into Grand Theft Auto V, then decided it was time to play Arkham City, and there was going to be nothing to stop me from playing it (including a very noisy 360, which is why I bought the PS3 GOTY edition and started from scratch). Not even the fact I was enjoying GTAV could stop me. It was time to don the cowl and get to work.

Damn dude, how big is your backlog?

#59 Posted by freedomfreak (40972 posts) -

No.

A nasty habit of purchasing new ones before I've finished the ones already bought.

#60 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

Not always, but almost everytime

#61 Edited by _Judas_ (750 posts) -

I finish all my games (except for RDR). If I am unhappy with a game I atleast try to finish the story, but leave the side-quests, extra modes and other gameplay varieties untouched.

#62 Posted by gt350tsc (488 posts) -

Oh some games yeah I do finish like Saints row the third, I finished the story line and played around a bit but games like skyrim where I haven't even finished the main quest yet with 300+ into game I just go off exploring and such.

I'm really enjoying tomb raider. I'm end up re playing it just for the story, turn up the difficultly and explore more.

#63 Edited by doolindesperado (296 posts) -

@iampenguin said:

I very rarely don't finish a game. When I do it's for one of two reasons.

One, I try a new genera or franchise and find that it's not for me.

Two, I find that it sucks too much and is not worth pursuing further.

I'm the same way.

#64 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72434 posts) -

@_Judas_ said:

I finish all my games (except for RDR). If I am unhappy with a game I atleast try to finish the story, but leave the side-quests, extra modes and other gameplay varieties untouched.

that is reasonable if you ask me