Do other people suffer this problem, or is it just me ?

#1 Posted by crewe8 (680 posts) -

I brought watchdogs when it first came out, wasn't overly impressed at first, then after a while I started to enjoy it... But now I haven't played it for about 2months, because I play bf4 in the evening with my mates, and got back into fifa.. So my problem is getting back into the story , and remembering the buttons !!

Does anyone else have this problem or do you complete games ( which I usually do ) within the first few weeks of getting them ?

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10614 posts) -

Many people have this problem... Except me. Game stories suck donkey balls so I never depend on it when I play.

#3 Posted by mastermetal777 (1058 posts) -

@crewe8: Usually happens to me if I'm unsure about a game. But most times I just push on through the story, and most of the time it gets better and better, which was the case with Watch Dogs for me.

#4 Posted by Archangel3371 (15391 posts) -

Not really. I can generally get right back into the story and gameplay of a game that I put away for awhile pretty quickly. There's the initial moments of remembering whats what but it's usually very brief.

#5 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23307 posts) -

I never really had a problem remembering a story but I often forget which button does what.

#6 Posted by mastermetal777 (1058 posts) -

@crimsonbrute: This is me, especially since I play multiple games in one day most of the time.

#7 Edited by theguitarguy321 (50 posts) -

I have a similar problem. If I find a game too difficult, I might take a long break from it and move on to something else. Then, when I'm ready to go back, I have to remember the controls and get the feel for it all over again.

#8 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

@crewe8: i don't think you're the only one

#9 Posted by watchdogsrules (359 posts) -

@crewe8: i usually complete the games in the first weeks but since i got GTA V and black flag i stopped doing that, use the manual and if you want to be engaged just blow stuff up with your phone or do a black out, can't wait to get this game my self.

#10 Edited by Hizang (2808 posts) -

If a game does not grab my attention in the first hour or so then I may go play something else. If I were to go back to it I would have to start again, it's a mixture between the story being a bit foggy and being to far in the game where it expects you to be good at the controls.

#11 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1219 posts) -

Let me tell you a story...

It took me three attempts to actually play through Final Fantasy 8 for a similar reason. I played it, got to the second disc and then lost interest. Picked it up again but couldn't remember for the life of me where I was supposed to go and just decided to restart. Same thing happened, got to the same point on the second disc and stopped after losing interest again. Third time trying, I again couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing and again after wondering around for a bit, restarted the game again. This time though I actually plowed through the whole game without breaking from it. What usually happens is new games come out and I drop the others. Especially when I'm trying to play a older game and unlike FF,7,9 and 10, FF8 bored me to where it was easy to just drop it.

What happens with more modern games when I do this is that I get used to a control scheme from a previous game I was playing and then try and push the button and realize what I thought would happen didn't because it's a different game lol This pretty much only happens to me with shooters though.

#12 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

When I haven't played a game in a long time, I usually prefer to restart than to continue.

I like to remember the story where I left off.

Yes I do tend to play games "straight thru" not switching back and forth, the exception to that is stuff like racing games, or a round of BF4 in between another game.