Disciples 3: Renaissance

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Andrew666Demon (4 posts) -
This game develop in Russia. And most info goes only to russian fans of Disciples. But if some one want to know some thing about game - may ask me. If i know this - i'll answaer or ask this qestion in official russian forum, where drop in PR-manager of .dat and other members from .dat company. On this moment date of Release is Q2 2009. all work have been done already and more - addon with Hordes of Unded coming soon after release.
#2 Posted by XaosII (16599 posts) -

Cool.

Can you ask why the **** is it taking so long?

#3 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

Is that the release date for Russia, Europe or worldwide? Will there be a demo prior to release? Will the game use DRM? Will Disciples finally implement a hotseat mode? How does the combat system differ from Disciples II?

#4 Posted by Andrew666Demon (4 posts) -
Well, yes many change the date of release is odd. But true reasons is a change the game battle system, because the first sistem be not so exelent as developers hope. And new combat system was born - now bbatle field is gexogonal round. Now every new battle - new genetated field. Masive and small objects, power nodes and power zones, all generated right befor battle. if u want to save before battle, and then load to this save - each time u see new field, but first priority - terraforming. If baatle on Legeons land - field of battles too legoins land. But developers create the interest key - rebatle: If u want begin this battle with start with same objects and nodes structur - is simlpe - just one special button. Release in The World, Europe and Russia be in the same time. Demo version be available only after release. Protection system - Star Force. And more about batles - all units may use items from hero bag. but runes - like scrolles in Disciples-1%2 can use if unit have enouth Intelect. Some units have alternative aеtaсks. And all heroes have self skill-board. When level up u may lern new skills from thos board - simle cost 1 points and super skills - in the corners of board - 3 points, but they raely cool - like alternative moves or passive perks. Well sorry for my bat eanglish, if i wrote some one too wrong i take a next attempt of translating.
#5 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

Well, yes many change the date of release is odd. But true reasons is a change the game battle system, because the first sistem be not so exelent as developers hope. And new combat system was born - now bbatle field is gexogonal round. Now every new battle - new genetated field. Masive and small objects, power nodes and power zones, all generated right befor battle. if u want to save before battle, and then load to this save - each time u see new field, but first priority - terraforming. If baatle on Legeons land - field of battles too legoins land. But developers create the interest key - rebatle: If u want begin this battle with start with same objects and nodes structur - is simlpe - just one special button. Release in The World, Europe and Russia be in the same time. Demo version be available only after release. Protection system - Star Force. And more about batles - all units may use items from hero bag. but runes - like scrolles in Disciples-1%2 can use if unit have enouth Intelect. Some units have alternative aеtaсks. And all heroes have self skill-board. When level up u may lern new skills from thos board - simle cost 1 points and super skills - in the corners of board - 3 points, but they raely cool - like alternative moves or passive perks. Well sorry for my bat eanglish, if i wrote some one too wrong i take a next attempt of translating.Andrew666Demon

Thanks a lot man, I'm really excited about this game. Disciples II is one of the best turn-based strategy games ever made right up there with Heroes of Might and Magic III and Civilization IV, as far as I'm concerned. I only hope that Starforce will only be in the Russian version or that it's released on Steam without DRM.

#6 Posted by Balmoran (7 posts) -

Well, at least Starforce is still better than this limited activation rubbish they have been making use of with some games.I mean, how can you do that with RPG's and strategy games? These are games that people like to replay over years.

Anyway, I actually just wanted to say that I'm also pretty excited about the new Disciples - it's looking awesome from what I've seen so far.

#8 Posted by GhoX (5014 posts) -
Rumor is there is an unofficial English patch for the game. I may hit Google later to check on that.
#9 Posted by BludLuzt (1 posts) -

Indeed there is an English patch. It is not professionally done by any means however. The Russian text files were simply translated using a generic translater program, like you would find from a search engine. An example of the translated text, taken from the description of a white wizard class is

"Fool that made this old man to a rich old man, quick to rue his mistake if it tries to commit a crime in his presence. The power of thousands of light absorbed and burn any hints of filth and heresy, once again remind others how great the power of magicians empire."

As you can see, it doesn't even always make sense. Additionally, a few words are left untranslated, though rarely, and sometimes entire sentences or paragraphs are missing.

However, I've been playing the game for a few days now, using v1.04 hotfix 10, with the english patch because I don't speak a word of Russian, and I am enjoying the game quite a bit. I can understand enough of the story to know whats going on and why, and I can figure out what the items do for the most part. I still don't know how to cast runes outside of battle though.

The game is buggy also... every now and then the game just goes haywire. It's easy to fix, however, just save, exit out of the game, reopen it and load your game.

I intend to buy the English version when it comes out and play it again.