Did 343i do a better job with Halo multiplayer than Bungie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

I personally thought Halo 4's multiplayer was outstanding, and was better than previous Halo multiplayer's.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Because they've opted to incorporate the obscene rank system of the COD-likes, the pleb masses can rejoice at the illusion of progression, while performing nothing but the most tedious grindsh*tfest. Halo 1-3 are superior by default.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I am not a huge fan of halo 4 multiplayer. I can't fathom who thought randomly spawning weapons was a good idea.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

They basically just copied Bungie. Nothing really innovative on their part.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GamerZem

They basically just copied Bungie. Nothing really innovative on their part.

Vari3ty

The core gameplay mechanics were the same, but 343i added things like loadouts, ordance drops, etc.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

superior in every way, i didnt like halo 2 or 3 but love 4 to death

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerZem

superior in every way, i didnt like halo 2 or 3 but love 4 to death

Djmaster214

I loved Halo 3, hated reach, didn't play much of Halo 2 but played the hell out of CE. Halo 4 is by far superior.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts
As much as I loved the multiplayer in Bungie's game I like this one better. Most of that has to do with the ability for people to join matches in progress. No more suffering through lop-sided matches because some team-mates dropped out. Thank god.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
As much as I loved the multiplayer in Bungie's game I like this one better. Most of that has to do with the ability for people to join matches in progress. No more suffering through lop-sided matches because some team-mates dropped out. Thank god.Archangel3371
Agreed,this was a big improvement.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I personally thought Halo 4's multiplayer was outstanding, and was better than previous Halo multiplayer's.

GamerZem

Give the game some time to sit on and reflect, it's so new. I have friends that absolutely hate Halo 4's MP and say it's CODified. I have friends that like the new game's MP, and finally I have friends that feel it's too similar to the past Bungie games and feel bored with the MP. I tell all three groups of RL friends the true test is TIME. One year from now, how many gamers will be playing it, how many will have left for other games? That's the true test.

Also, according to Metacritic the answer to your question (Did 343 do a better job with Halo than Bungie) could be interpreted as no, 343i achieved AA (80%+) with a main Halo title, and Bungie achieved AAA (90%+) with their main Halo titles. Main being Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and 4.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Halo 4's multiplayer has totally lost its identity in my opinion. Now its just CoD with oversheilds...343i couldn't have done anything stupider in my eyes.

But perhaps it was smart, to draw in the CoD fans with something they are familiar with. Then again, one of the above posters said he hated 2 and 3 but loves 4, how the hell did you HATE Halo 2? I guess thats just the crowd they are bringing in nowadays.

wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts
I personally didn't like what Bungie did with Reach multiplayer having loved and played to death Halo 3. I do think that Halo 4 is better than Reach in the MP stakes, for instance I love the fact that you can now join in progress. I lost so much Rep playing Reach because my connection kept crapping out, and Iost count of the times I had to stick out a match 1 v 4 because all my team mates left. I guess time will tell whether Halo 4 will be as well beloved as Bungie's earlier efforts.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerZem

I personally didn't like what Bungie did with Reach multiplayer having loved and played to death Halo 3. I do think that Halo 4 is better than Reach in the MP stakes, for instance I love the fact that you can now join in progress. I lost so much Rep playing Reach because my connection kept crapping out, and Iost count of the times I had to stick out a match 1 v 4 because all my team mates left. I guess time will tell whether Halo 4 will be as well beloved as Bungie's earlier efforts.wavey_gravey

Well, really, Reach was good for a while. By the time I had ranked up to Legend, I had begun to hate it. I don't really know why, but I just did.

That never happened to me with Halo 3.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
As much as I loved the multiplayer in Bungie's game I like this one better. Most of that has to do with the ability for people to join matches in progress. No more suffering through lop-sided matches because some team-mates dropped out. Thank god.Archangel3371
I actually hated that. Here's why.... Tjoeb13: "Okay, let's do this! Let me be Unfrigginbelievable!" (Map loads) 0:05 0:04 0:03 0:02 0:01 GAME OVER Tjoeb123: "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?!!?" Note: My brother bought Halo 4 and borrowed my Xbox. So yes I have the game but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. That was just based on my experience with that in Call of Duty. Though, it wasn't as bad in Reach's Custom Games...where you could join your friends.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts
[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]As much as I loved the multiplayer in Bungie's game I like this one better. Most of that has to do with the ability for people to join matches in progress. No more suffering through lop-sided matches because some team-mates dropped out. Thank god.tjoeb123
I actually hated that. Here's why.... Tjoeb13: "Okay, let's do this! Let me be Unfrigginbelievable!" (Map loads) 0:05 0:04 0:03 0:02 0:01 GAME OVER Tjoeb123: "WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?!!?" Note: My brother bought Halo 4 and borrowed my Xbox. So yes I have the game but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. That was just based on my experience with that in Call of Duty. Though, it wasn't as bad in Reach's Custom Games...where you could join your friends.

Unless you keep jumping around searching for a new game after every single match this really shouldn't be a problem. If you get in one that ends just stick around and play the next one or two or three.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I have yet to play the game but am looking forward to it. But from an audio and visual standpoint... they easily outclassed Bungie.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]

SolidTy

Give the game some time to sit on and reflect, it's so new. I have friends that absolutely hate Halo 4's MP and say it's CODified. I have friends that like the new game's MP, and finally I have friends that feel it's too similar to the past Bungie games and feel bored with the MP. I tell all three groups of RL friends the true test is TIME. One year from now, how many gamers will be playing it, how many will have left for other games? That's the true test.

Also, according to Metacritic the answer to your question (Did 343 do a better job with Halo than Bungie) could be interpreted as no, 343i achieved AA (80%+) with a main Halo title, and Bungie achieved AAA (90%+) with their main Halo titles. Main being Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and 4.

I understand what you are saying ,but bad reviews dont determine the quality of a game.As far as scores go,most of us including myself only use trusted reviewers to give us an idea of how good a game is and then its up to us.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#18 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Overall, with both singleplayer and multiplayer, I think Bungie and 343 Industries are at about the same level.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="GamerZem"]

xgraderx

I understand what you are saying ,but bad reviews dont determine the quality of a game.As far as scores go,most of us including myself only use trusted reviewers to give us an idea of how good a game is and then its up to us.

I only use trusted reviewers myself and I've preached and preached about that here at GS over the years, but I wasn't speaking from a personal perspective but a more general one to answer the TC's general question.

If I was speaking to you, I would lean more on my statement about the true test being TIME, and for us to judge it individually if we can. However, that wouldn't answer the TC's question very well. :P