Destiny public beta starts in July

#1 Edited by GameSpot (900090 posts) -

During an Activision Blizzard investor call today, the company revealed that the public beta for the much-hyped Bungie shooter Destiny is due out this July. We already knew that the beta was coming sometime this summer (and would on PlayStation platforms first), but this gives us a more specific month to wait for. [Read More]

Who all's excited?

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (29417 posts) -

@GameSpot said:

Who all's excited?

*raises hand* Me! Me!

#3 Edited by Archangel3371 (15389 posts) -

Yes! I'm REALLY looking forward to this game, definitely can't wait to try out the beta.

#4 Posted by Metamania (11974 posts) -

Looking forward to it!

#5 Posted by blangenakker (2252 posts) -

I would try it if i had the right console :P

#6 Edited by Behardy24 (3288 posts) -

I'll give it a shot if its on PlayStation 3.

#7 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Fantastic decision from Bungie to give Beta access to pre-orders. For £5 you can basically try before you buy for 2 months. It's a no brainer really. If, after 2 months I decide Destiny isn't for me then pre-order cancelled.

My hype is rising slightly but E3 will be the real kicker. Let's hope the mulitplayer lives up to the hype. It's my first Bungie game so let's hope I'm not left disappointed. Roll on July 7th.

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16343 posts) -

It's in on PS3.

I guess it can't hurt. Beta is free and online is free on PS3 so I'll check it out.

#9 Posted by Behardy24 (3288 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@behardy24 said:

It's in on PS3.

I guess it can't hurt. Beta is free and online is free on PS3 so I'll check it out.

Yeah, I'll sure try it out.

Can't wait to see what it turns out to be.

#10 Posted by Justin_G (198 posts) -

the beta is gonna be playable to everyone?

and there's three, not two, factions? WWOOOOHA how did i miss that, my brain, bad brain bad!

*waits patiently*

#11 Posted by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

I'm very excited. Shooter with MMORPG elements and it's made by Bungie, very intriguing.

#12 Posted by Behardy24 (3288 posts) -

I'm very excited. Shooter with MMORPG elements and it's made by Bungie, very intriguing.

It's a match-made in heaven!