Destiny isn't anything new ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gimpyolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gimpyolman
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

Destiny ... Billed as the next leap forward and the greatest game created... HOW MANY TIMES ARE THEY GOING TO BILL THE NEXT GAME AS THE NEXT LEAP FORWARD AND THE GREATEST GAME CREATED?...this line gets old and is usually the first warning shot that perhaps it isn't all that great or new.

What is so new about Destiny? NOT A DARN THING! It is simply another HALO Remake with new ink. These guys stole the racers from Star Wars ... incorporated Killer Klowns from Space ... cloned Borderlands and borrowed names like Shank, Harpies, Monitors, and other cute names from various other games including Borderlands. The maps are recycled art to the max .. all the caves are identical ... the maps are identical with new missions... and they cover it up with re-spawning hordes that makes Borderlands, Dead Island, and Dead Rising look mild with frequency and number of looping horde after horde.

We have people who can fly with jet packs... Magic wizards and magic powers stolen from Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls series. The online game part is the same old Capture the Flag and "Core" and Domination with the advantage of super powers to handful of players of higher rank at the expense of the lower rank which allows the higher rank the ability to eat full magazines of bullets without easily dying... this lopsided approach MAKES THE LIVE PLAY SUCK... as much as the idiots who made pistol and shotguns able to fire hundreds of yards on other games such as black ops. Game designers may think this stuff is cute... but IT IS NOT ... and shows how idiotic they are even though they can claim, "Yeah, but we are laughing all the way to the bank".

The main advantage of Destiny it is off the pier-to-pier to system that has plagued Xbox from the get go in which everyone's game was tied to one xbox and whatever connection they have and allowed for cheats and hacks to infect the game. So far I haven't seen much of that... BUT WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT SUPER POWERS AND SPECIAL ABILITIES WHO WOULD REALLY KNOW? ... Whatever happened to a realistic games in which bullets killed...any bullet can kill... people did not fly or "Halo" jump... and weapons did not fire a hundred miles and when you were hit YOU WERE DEAD?

IF THESE GAMES CONTINUE TO GET ANY 'FURTHER OUT' I JUST MIGHT START LEAVING THEM ON THE STORE SHELVES...

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, just a bunch of buzz words to make the game appear more exciting than it is. Nothing new.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Cool story bro.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44098 Posts

All I know is that I enjoy the game and that's good enough for me.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I'm having a great time with this game, so I don't care that it's "nothing new." It's an evolution, not a revolution, to the FPS formula.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well atleast its not Pay to win.... Right ?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#7 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Zero microtransactions in the game.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

WELL NO SHIT! -__-

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@gimpyolman said:

Destiny ... Billed as the next leap forward and the greatest game created... HOW MANY TIMES ARE THEY GOING TO BILL THE NEXT GAME AS THE NEXT LEAP FORWARD AND THE GREATEST GAME CREATED?...this line gets old and is usually the first warning shot that perhaps it isn't all that great or new.

What is so new about Destiny? NOT A DARN THING! It is simply another HALO Remake with new ink. These guys stole the racers from Star Wars ... incorporated Killer Klowns from Space ... cloned Borderlands and borrowed names like Shank, Harpies, Monitors, and other cute names from various other games including Borderlands. The maps are recycled art to the max .. all the caves are identical ... the maps are identical with new missions... and they cover it up with re-spawning hordes that makes Borderlands, Dead Island, and Dead Rising look mild with frequency and number of looping horde after horde.

We have people who can fly with jet packs... Magic wizards and magic powers stolen from Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls series. The online game part is the same old Capture the Flag and "Core" and Domination with the advantage of super powers to handful of players of higher rank at the expense of the lower rank which allows the higher rank the ability to eat full magazines of bullets without easily dying... this lopsided approach MAKES THE LIVE PLAY SUCK... as much as the idiots who made pistol and shotguns able to fire hundreds of yards on other games such as black ops. Game designers may think this stuff is cute... but IT IS NOT ... and shows how idiotic they are even though they can claim, "Yeah, but we are laughing all the way to the bank".

The main advantage of Destiny it is off the pier-to-pier to system that has plagued Xbox from the get go in which everyone's game was tied to one xbox and whatever connection they have and allowed for cheats and hacks to infect the game. So far I haven't seen much of that... BUT WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT SUPER POWERS AND SPECIAL ABILITIES WHO WOULD REALLY KNOW? ... Whatever happened to a realistic games in which bullets killed...any bullet can kill... people did not fly or "Halo" jump... and weapons did not fire a hundred miles and when you were hit YOU WERE DEAD?

IF THESE GAMES CONTINUE TO GET ANY 'FURTHER OUT' I JUST MIGHT START LEAVING THEM ON THE STORE SHELVES...

While there's real things to talk about when it comes to Destiny none of these are close to them.

This is pure garbage.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm enjoying the game for what it is a shooter.

gimpyolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gimpyolman
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts

Jasonguy I respect your blindness to truth, but that doesn't make what I said any less truth...lol

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

And?

If you dislike the game then simply don't play it, I don't and to those that do and enjoy it, Don't mind him and keep having fun.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: this avatar is everywhere trolololololol