ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

I know this game has gotten alot of critisism but still this game is highly popular and for me at least it`s not just about the story or graphics etc.. It`s more about the whole atmosphere this game has combined with thrilling gameplay and exiting characters throughout the universe of Destiny. I also really enjoy leveling up my character and looting for rare items. Destiny is such an awesome game from my point of view and this game will continue to grow and expand over the years to come. I can`t wait for the first expansion pack.

Here is a 6 min 30 sec fan made video i recorded from the story mode, watch it in HD sit back relax and turn up your volume! Hope you enjoy.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

look can we just have ONE thread for all this density bullshit?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Yeah it sure is awesome. I really love the atmosphere in this game. I'm currently at level 27, very near 28. I still love doing bounties, strikes, or just wandering around doing patrols exploring all the nooks and crannies. Playing in crucible matches every once and awhile is highly enjoyable as well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

This has to be one of the few positive threads about it. I am loving it, am 25 almost 26. Been really unlucky with enegrams. So far i've only gotten two epics and one of them is a pvp helmet i paid off

MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts

My only probably with the game so far is there should be more planets, and more enemy variety. Like the Cabals, yeah there's like 6 different variations of them, but that's easy. I want more enemy types.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Last_Ride

The only real gripe i have so far after playing 100+ hours are the loading screen

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm still a level 2

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ojmstr

@Archangel3371: That's good to hear man, im only lv 19, finished the story mode couple days ago. Im gonna play alot of bounties now and some cruisible, tested out cruisible for the first time today and had some really fun and exiting games. Wish i recorded my gameplay + reaction when i sat in one of those turrets waiting for a speedbike to come by and when he came out on the flank i blew him to a thousand pieces:) i was like yeah bitch!!! Hahaha! And btw im 34 years of age:) This game is to much fun. Loving it.

KingGeralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By KingGeralt
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The closed beta was proof enough for me to save my money and put it on something more worthy of my time. Bungie over hyped this game to the point that what high hopes, and anticipation I had for the game were dashed when I played the beta.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ojmstr

@The_Last_Ride: Got to keep it positive;) Btw those Epic enegrams, are those yellow? And are those the only way to lv up further past lv 20? Just reached lv 20 today

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@ojmstr said:

@The_Last_Ride: Got to keep it positive;) Btw those Epic enegrams, are those yellow? And are those the only way to lv up further past lv 20? Just reached lv 20 today

no, they're purple, the yellow ones are the exotic ones. I managed to get one yesterday

eldritchdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eldritchdawn
Member since 2014 • 40 Posts

How about boss fights and their loots? You playing in boss fights 50 minutes. But there are no good things to loot. Just materials... Oh no. :)

holonic-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 holonic-
Member since 2014 • 99 Posts

Love Destiny so far on PS4, my issue is the loot keeps on giving me crap that I already got, I got some Legendary goods but I have yet to get any Exotic weapons and I'm level 23 Warlock and the only thing I like the class is his Blink ability. Goimg to these daily events are okay, I just wish Bungie gives me a loot for completing really tough bosses but then again, scraping useless crap is easy making Glimors so I'm cool with that. My favorite enemies are Cabal, for easy headshots.

In the future I do hope Bungie adds more planets like Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, etc.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

@kinggeralt:

@kinggeralt said:

The closed beta was proof enough for me to save my money and put it on something more worthy of my time. Bungie over hyped this game to the point that what high hopes, and anticipation I had for the game were dashed when I played the beta.

Ummm, every comment except yours is positive about the game, I went into gamestop, and there was only one returned copy, out of the two stores I went too. You may want to rethink your stance, or just sit there, and hush up, till you're ready to try the full version, because it looks like people are responding positively to this game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Bordeland's bastard lovechild.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@kinggeralt said:

Yeah, the beta is what made me hold off buying it. I didn't think it was bad but it was one of those tittles that I felt I didn't have to buy it day1.

Blewzooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blewzooka

What I think is really cool about this game is that it created by both Bungie and Activision, essentially Halo and COD. They have come together to create something out of this world and contains attributes from both the gaming franchises.

Nuf said...

Great game.!!!

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@ojmstr: Well I will take your word for it but the video that I saw made me think otherwise.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ojmstr

@The_Last_Ride: Thanks for info man. I got a PRIMED NOX REVUS IV (193 Attack) Fusion Rifle with purple numbers, is that weapon considered a Epic Weapon or is it just Rare? Clearly i do not understand the color codes:) So much to get into and so little time, next week i got more time on my hand to play this game, i havn`t played anything since last time i posted in here, still lv 20;) Any advice on what to do to level up further now after i finished the main story and just hit lv 20 mark?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@ojmstr said:

@The_Last_Ride: Thanks for info man. I got a PRIMED NOX REVUS IV (193 Attack) Fusion Rifle with purple numbers, is that weapon considered a Epic Weapon or is it just Rare? Clearly i do not understand the color codes:) So much to get into and so little time, next week i got more time on my hand to play this game, i havn`t played anything since last time i posted in here, still lv 20;) Any advice on what to do to level up further now after i finished the main story and just hit lv 20 mark?

It's rare with void damage. Meaning it does extra damage. Do strikes, bounties and pvp. That's the fastest way to get loot

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ojmstr

@The_Last_Ride: Cool thanks, i just checked out my gear and can see that i ain`t got any legandary enegrams yet, i know how those legandary and exotic enegrams looks like now by inspecting another player i meet in the tower. Still far to go before i reach lv 30 i guess:) But ill get there sooner or later. Are Exotic better than Legendary btw?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@ojmstr: Hell yeah they are. They might not seem like it at first, but when you upgrade them they increase your abilities dramatically.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ojmstr

@mastermetal777: Nice thanks for info! I had a feeling those exotic enegrams where the best because when i checked out that high lv players gear he had only one exotic and the rest where legendary and rear.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mastermetal777

@ojmstr: you can only equip one exotic piece of armor and weapon cuz of how powerful they are

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@ojmstr said:

@The_Last_Ride: Cool thanks, i just checked out my gear and can see that i ain`t got any legandary enegrams yet, i know how those legandary and exotic enegrams looks like now by inspecting another player i meet in the tower. Still far to go before i reach lv 30 i guess:) But ill get there sooner or later. Are Exotic better than Legendary btw?

Yes, they are the best ones. You can only have 2, so choose them wisely. One of them is armor and the second is a weapon

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ojmstr

@The_Last_Ride: @mastermetal777: Im hoping for an Exotic fully automatic rifle and a chest armor then;) Im gonna start playing Destiny again today, been playing Shadow Of the Colossus all weekend with my kid, she don`t really like 1st person games, anyways probably gonna play alot of Crusible today, PVP works great in this game.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@ojmstr said:

@The_Last_Ride: @mastermetal777: Im hoping for an Exotic fully automatic rifle and a chest armor then;) Im gonna start playing Destiny again today, been playing Shadow Of the Colossus all weekend with my kid, she don`t really like 1st person games, anyways probably gonna play alot of Crusible today, PVP works great in this game.

you mean gear like this :3?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mastermetal777

@The_Last_Ride: I have a similar setup with my Warlock, only I don't have an exotic or legendary primary weapon yet :/

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

I'd probably be trying to make myself feel better if I bought it too.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. Standing at level 25 about to be 26. I've leveled up almost entirely in the crucible. In PVP the rewards are scaled with your level which is great. I had a full set of blue light gear rather quickly and I've actually obtained two purple weapons from purple engrams so I consider myself lucky after reading all the threads. From a technical standpoint the hit boxes, targeting system, and weapons feel great. Shooting at the floor no longer entitles you to a headshot from some sort of weird lag compensation.

My favorite moments so far are smashing a group of 3+ in control trying to capture a point with my Titan. It's just really satisfying. In PvE I had a fantastic time with friends taking on the moon strike and killing Phogoth (?).

I think most of the negative comments comes from reviewers trying to fit 40+ hours of gaming in two days. You'll get gaming fatigue trying to do that. My only issues with the game thus far are the cap on crucible currency and with the recent reveal of DLC through a bug, no extra planets :(. I understand the currency cap though, it's to prevent those from having an extraordinary amount of free time from overpowering those with less. A good balancing tool in my opinion. I am hopeful that the dlc reveal is not something Bungie is married to and that they will throw in a planet or two.

To the original poster, thank you for this thread. It's nice to see some positive feedback.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The_Last_Ride

@mastermetal777 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I have a similar setup with my Warlock, only I don't have an exotic or legendary primary weapon yet :/

I am currently leveling my Warlock, i got my Hunter at 25 and now my Titan on 27 now

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ojmstr

@The_Last_Ride: Wow Nice Gear!:) is that Exotic Fully auto Rifle the best FAR in the game?

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

I'll never understand the allure of PVE especially in a fucking FPS game.

I mean nearly everyone agrees the story is shit. Go shoot up some ppl online instead of dumb A.I. pff casuals.....

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ojmstr

@notorious1234na: I have played online shooters since the internet came out and truthfully speaking i kick ass in pretty much all competative shooters i get into but sometimes it`s just fun to shoot up some bots like i did in that video on top. I might make a Destiny PVP montage later down the road. And yeah i agree somehow, the story is not that great and that was not the purpose of this game either, this game is more about the online co-op PVP aspect of it and the whole setting and the atmosphere this game has. Like i have said earlyer, this game reminds me of Phantasy Star Online in 1st person mode.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ojmstr

@RicanV: No problem buddy, havn`t had time to read your whole post until now but thanks alot for all the info there and glad to see you enjoy the game. Hopefully we will have more planets in future DLC`s, i personally think we will get it at some point if they plan on supporting this game for a long time.

Oh and btw, what you said about this > "I think most of the negative comments comes from reviewers trying to fit 40+ hours of gaming in two days. You'll get gaming fatigue trying to do that".

That is so true, they should have waited with the reviews instead and give it more time, this game is at least a strong 8 in my book.

DAndre982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DAndre982
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I enjoy it, it's just fundamentally broken.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ojmstr

Enjoying this game more and more, i have been having a great time only lonewolfing playing story and pvp but today i finally gathered up a team for a weekly heroic strike mission and it was hell of alot of fun:) even though we didn`t make it:P haha... Don`t know if it was because we had to low lv or what it was, me at lv 22 and the two others at lv 20, that last boss Valus Ta àurc and his gang was way to strong for us i noticed but we will get him tomorrow hopefully with another player on our team at lv 24. This game may lack in story somehow but the gameplay is truly awesome.

Btw does anyone know when the weekly heroic strike missions resets? Is it on mondays? And it is different locations and bosses every week right?

One more question, today i finally got a Legendary item and it was for Warlock and im a Titan, what should i do with it? Was kinda let down when i saw it wasn`t for my Titan, didn`t even know that was possible but i know i will get those Legendary and Exotics for my Titan sooner or later so no biggy:) Im not in a hurry

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mastermetal777

@ojmstr: the weekly missions reset every Tuesday. And any cross-class item should go into the your Tower vault, since you can exchange items between your characters.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@ojmstr: the weekly missions reset every Tuesday. And any cross-class item should go into the your Tower vault, since you can exchange items between your characters.

They're also good for getting those rare materials by dismantling them.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mastermetal777
@Archangel3371 said:

@mastermetal777 said:

They're also good for getting those rare materials by dismantling them.

I wouldn't ever dismantle exotics though, as they're beastly after they're fully upgraded. I only dismantle legendary items if they either A) not gonna be stronger than my current equipment even after upgrades, or B) I get a copy of something I already have.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ojmstr

@mastermetal777: @mastermetal777: Thanks for info guys, i did dismantle the Warlock gear though because im not planning on playing other races than my Titan, i did get Legendaty Acsendant Shard for it and Hadronic Essence, you guys know what to do with that?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mastermetal777

@ojmstr: Shards upgrade Legendary and exotic armor, and the hadronic essences too. You use that and glimmer for upgrades.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ojmstr

@mastermetal777: Nice! just got my first Legendary today by doing alot of strike missions, got my self a Legendary LORD HIGH FIXER Hand Cannon

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

this video made me re-think my not purchasing Destiny.the enemy and local variety is just great.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ojmstr

@Justin_G: Seriously this game is highly underrated, if you like sci-fi in general and a good shooter combined with rpg elements get this game, you wont regret. Only reason this game has gotten a 6/10 here on Gamespot and the critics it has gotten is because the lack of story but that is not what this game is about, it`s about the online aspect of it and that is crazy awesome. I personally love the story mode as well though and all the gamemodes. Im happy to made you re-think not purchasing this game by watching my video, ill post a whole lot more videos of PVP and Co-op when i have the time, that video was some clips of me lonewolfing through the Story mode.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ojmstr

Here is just a very small portion of what this game is about, this happend 10 minutes ago.

I was just messing around on earth doing some bounty missions by my self and testing out my Legendary Hand Cannon etc.. then all of a sudden this Hallowed Knight came out of nowhere. This other online player was nearby and joined the public event to take him out.

Loading Video...

M31R3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 M31R3

I like it, I really do, but when I got to lvl 29 a couple of days ago, I just don't really know what to do anymore. I can't play the raid, because syncing all my friends seems impossible.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ojmstr

@m31r3: Well you can allways play Cruisible, my personal goal is to reach lv 30 before the dlc`s. Any word on when dlc`s will be released anyone?

M31R3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 M31R3

@ojmstr: Yeaaa, kinda sick of crucible. Enjoying the weeklies atm. Hopefully we get raid-matchmaking soon.

The first DLC will be out in december. (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/08/16/destiny-expansion-1-the-dark-below-release-date.htm)