Destiny has no matchmaking...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

I've been on the fence about buying Destiny for the last few days. On the one hand, I like really polished shooters. On the other, I don't like empty worlds with underdeveloped RPG elements that just devolve to grinding.

But does Destiny really not have any coop matchmaking systems? No raid, heroic strike mission etc. leaderboards? How does that even make sense?! What is this, vanilla WoW in 2004?!

If I can't even easily co-op without having to find a forum for a group, an MMOFPS this is certainly not.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Essian: It does have matchmaking for Strikes and PvP, and you could make the argument that all of the characters you find across various maps are a part of the matchmaking process. It's the weekly nightfall strikes and the raids that don't have matchmaking, as they've said they want you to work with people you know well in order to take those down.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

@Essian: It does have matchmaking for Strikes and PvP, and you could make the argument that all of the characters you find across various maps are a part of the matchmaking process. It's the weekly nightfall strikes and the raids that don't have matchmaking, as they've said they want you to work with people you know well in order to take those down.

Well that sort of kills it for a guy like me who doesn't have anyone to play with

gnookergi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 gnookergi
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

@Essian said:

@mastermetal777 said:

Well that sort of kills it for a guy like me who doesn't have anyone to play with

No kidding. I have only a few friends who play the game and it is hard to group up all at the same time. We need matchmaking to fill the gaps.

The worst part is that they don't offer any way in the game to meet other players and create groups. If you want to find people to play with, then you have to leave the game and visit forums and specially made websites, which is retarded. The fact that, "thatwizardcamefromthemoon.com," exists, is a testament to this failure.

I know the game just came out, but the developers need to get with the times and offer matchmaking throughout all modes.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@gnookergi: The worst part is that they don't offer any way in the game to meet other players and create groups. If you want to find people to play with, then you have to leave the game and visit forums and specially made websites, which is retarded. The fact that, "thatwizardcamefromthemoon.com," exists, is a testament to this failure.

yup. There are so many amateurish mistakes that Bungie could have avoided by playing just one MMO on PC, whether it was an MMOFPS or MMORPG. You pretty much have to blind invite to meet new people and that has landed me with a bunch of people on my friends list that I ignore now because I don't really want to hear about how much weed they smoked today. Pretty simple to just allow for mic chat in crucible and strike playlists and eventually I'd stumble across someone I had fun with. I never have trouble finding new people to roll with when I play PC MMOs. This system just introduces a problem that never had to exist.