Deals, Bargains, Discounts, and Freebies – Ongoing thread.

• 119 results
#1 Edited by DigitalDame (3962 posts) -

With more and more services finding their way to communicate awesome deals and steals for games, GameSpot decided that we wanted to create an ongoing thread about games that are on a deal, bundle, or even awesome freebies.

The Rules

All you have to do is post the following:
1 – The name of the game.
2 – What platform the game is for.
3 – The cost of the game (if it's free make sure that you mention that it's free).
4 – When the deal ends.
5 – Where do you get the game? (Online or Brick/Mortar).
6 – A link to your source.

So how bout it everyone, what awesome deals have you heard about lately?

#3 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

This is a good idea and thread. I'll update from CAG when I can.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71270 posts) -
#6 Edited by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I thought this one was worth mentioning:

Throughout what they're calling "Horror Week" (10/29 - 11/4) there will be a large sale over on PSN. The most notable entry here, imo, being Siren Blood Curse is finally going to be on sale in North America. It's been priced at $40 almost the entire gen but now you can grab it for $20. Plus members can get it for $10. I've always heard good things but never wanted to spend $40 on it.

That sale will also see Puppeteer going for $20 (for Plus members) which I think is pretty good considering that's still a fairly new title.

Link for more deals: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/21/sale-of-the-dead-discounts-on-the-last-of-us-puppeteer-and-more/

#7 Posted by Unicronus (42 posts) -
#8 Posted by N1K0LA191 (66 posts) -

Right now there are some great deals at GameStop. They have Ghost Recon: Future Soldier for 9 bucks, a Ghost Recon trilogy pack for 35 bucks, as well as a ton of other games at really good prices. Also, if you have Xbox, check the game store for recent price drops and everything. Borderlands 2 was only 15 bucks a couple weeks ago.

#10 Edited by flabbyman (13 posts) -

what did i do to get my post deleted? I thought i just answered the question.. :/

#11 Posted by c_rakestraw (14624 posts) -

what did i do to get my post deleted? I thought i just answered the question.. :/

Referral links aren't allowed here. Falls under advertising, which is prohibited on the forums.

#12 Posted by Randolph (10501 posts) -

@c_rakestraw: Am I wrong in thinking that would also apply to the very first response to this thread?

#13 Posted by c_rakestraw (14624 posts) -
@Randolph said:

@c_rakestraw: Am I wrong in thinking that would also apply to the very first response to this thread?

No, you're right. How did I miss that? Ugh!

#14 Posted by Randolph (10501 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Been asking myself that since I flagged it ten days ago. :P

#15 Posted by c_rakestraw (14624 posts) -
@Randolph said:
@c_rakestraw said:
@Randolph said:

Been asking myself that since I flagged it ten days ago. :P

Yeah, sorry about that. Queue's been backed up for a while. Difficult to sort through it for GGD reports when so much of it is dominated by System Wars.

#16 Posted by Randolph (10501 posts) -

Difficult to sort through it for GGD reports when so much of it is dominated by System Wars.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Mod alerts used to go straight to our PM boxes, seemed like every damned morning I had 200 PM's, about 95% of which were from that damn forum.

#17 Posted by flabbyman (13 posts) -

@c_rakestraw: Ohh ok.. I just thought thats what this thread was about because they wanted cheap games/ bargains/discounts. Sorry man. Ill just say where to go.

#18 Edited by flabbyman (13 posts) -

Battlefield 4 limited edition+ China Rising pack 64$, bioshock inifnite 23, The Sims into the future 30$, Batman Arkham Origins 43$, Sims limited edition 36$, SPlinter Cell Black List 34$, Dead Island Riptide 19$, Civ 5 14$.

A link to more deals:

http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-flabbyman

#19 Posted by Exiled_Paladin (52 posts) -
#20 Posted by angledream (6 posts) -

Yeah,play game is very interest, but a little waste of time.

#22 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22120 posts) -

can we post discount codes we get in the mail?I have an order from playasia coming soon and I don' think I need the code.

#23 Edited by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising DLC is free for all.

#24 Posted by omarhinesgb (6 posts) -

PC game: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Steam)$49.99 at GKB

http://www.gamekeysbuy.com/call-of-duty-ghosts-steam-p-354.html

#25 Edited by The_Last_Ride (71270 posts) -

There is a sci fi sale on PS3, and you get a discount with PS+

#26 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

FTL is on sale for $5 on Steam today. Pick it up if you can; it's easily worth it.

#27 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

3DS XL's will be on sale for $149.99 @ Target on Black Friday. Not a bad deal I think, 50 bucks off normal price and less than a standard 3DS' normal price.

#28 Posted by PumpkinBoogie (3366 posts) -

Well, it's not a game but, here's an awesome deal from RadioShack (yes, RS still exist, lol):

1. Playstation Vita system (Wi-Fi version)
  2. $159.99 w/ free shipping (doesn't factor in your respective sales taxes, if applicable)
  3. Sale ends 11/16/2013
  4. Web-only/Online (not in-store)
  5. RadioShack

Alright all you fence-sitters, I've did my good Vita owner deed of the day, lol. Now get you that Vita to compliment your PS4! ;)

#30 Edited by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Rayman Legends and Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures are 50% off on Steam this weekend.

#31 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Another daily Steam deal: Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition is only $15 today.

#33 Edited by PLNY (6 posts) -
#34 Edited by VintAge68 (408 posts) -
#35 Posted by Berkut4796 (1 posts) -

Don't forget Good Old Games either (GOG) they often have some good deals on games there as well.

#36 Edited by flabbyman (13 posts) -
#37 Posted by jasainz (6 posts) -

Hello is anyone looking to trade video games? have xbox 360 games looking for some in return or possibly nintendo 3ds let me know if you are interested.

#38 Posted by UpfrontGeek (11 posts) -
#39 Edited by blob357 (24 posts) -
#40 Edited by pcty (365 posts) -

NI no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch[PS3]

U$13,99 or U$9,79 for PS+ Members

Playstation Store

http://email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/a/hBSom$RB8y-RzB82874ABCW8BaD/ninokuni

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PS3]

U$29,99 or U$15,00 for PS+ Members

Playstation Store

http://email.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/a/hBSom$RB8y-RzB82874ABCW8BaD/finalfanta

Bioshock Infinite [PS3]

U$18,99

PLAY-ASIA

http://www.play-asia.com/bioshock-infinite-paOS-13-49-pt-70-42v0.html

#41 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

Starting tomorrow on PSN, NHL 14 is going to be $15 for Plus Members. There are other deals too such as Tomb Raider bundle for $13.49 but $15.00 is a steal for a $60.00 game. Borderlands 2 also gets added to the instant game collection.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/09/playstation-plus-borderlands-2-free-for-members/

#42 Posted by pcty (365 posts) -

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Platinum Hits) [360]

Price: U$14,99

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition [PS3]

Price: U$18,99

Beyond: Two Souls [PS3]

Price: U$27,99

Play-Asia

Deals ends in 12/17/2013.

#43 Posted by BranKetra (48458 posts) -

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition for the PS3 is $29.99, Tomb Raider for the PS3 for $14.99, and Dishonored for the PS3 is $14.99 all at Target for a limited time. I searched www.Target.com and the discounts are available on the website as well in physical stores. The latter of which is where I purchased my copies of Skyrim and Dishonored. However, Tomb Raider is priced at $17.99 on that store website.

#44 Edited by tphrankson (6 posts) -

asphalt on android for free

#45 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are all available for free on gog.com. You'll need to make an account, but it doesn't have any strings attached to it.

#46 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71270 posts) -
#47 Edited by ohaifrancy (126 posts) -

Newegg 2k Winter Sale - Up to 80% off

Games: a whole bunch of 2 k games

Platform: PC digital downloads

Cost: Between $9.99 and $19.99 .

Where: Newegg deals

I am not sure when this ends :-p

#48 Edited by GameYakuza (69 posts) -
#49 Edited by galactic88 (35 posts) -

Target is still selling the Nintendo 3DS XL for 149.99 50 bucks less than retail dunno how long till it ends.