This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

Any DOA fans here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I never got a chance to play any of the video games, but I guess I could consider myself a fan as I like the characters and game play. I just never got a chance to play it, I had plans to get Dead or Alive 5; but I did not want to be bothered with getting another PS3, so hopefully they hurry up and make a Dead or Alive for PS4. But sadly I can just seem them dragging their feet and taking forever to make one for PS4 as they did with the PS3.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Dead or Alive 4 was amazing at its peak of popularity except for the Xbox Live racists. I was competing at the SS level.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is fun, but there are not enough people on lower ranked matches, so it has been too tedious to get to the higher ranks with some good gaming sessions. I got the free version to start and I might have gotten the full disc version had I not be blocked by that obstacle.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

Yeah I love the games. Got both DoA 5 and DoA 5: Ultimate on the 360. Hoping for the next game to come out for the new systems but DoA 6 likely won't be for a couple of years at least.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'm a Huge Fan of anything that jiggles ! :p

I really want DOA5U but just can't find it anywhere.

This is actually by far the best fighting I've ever played, its well balanced but the most important part is that its got alot of depth.

SaintsRowLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By SaintsRowLA
Member since 2013 • 331 Posts

@PiscesAnimeGirl:

Dead or Alive V: The most beautiful and sexy women in video games.

Dead of Alive V a good/great game with good combat. It has a good story and combat.

I'm so busy playing other games and busy with other things in real life that I haven't played it much. I played it for about 10 hours one week, another 5 hours another week and haven't gotten around to it much later.

I really enjoyed Dead or Alive Dimension on the 3DS.

Some day I'll buy Dead of Alive V for the PS Vita.

One caveat: TONS and TONS of costume DLC. You can buy them individually or they have them in group packs.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I played DOA 4 on the 360 some years ago and I really enjoyed it. Great fighting game, great characters(mostly physically lol). I would play more of this series but sadly I no longer own a 360 or any other console for that matter.

smitherton4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smitherton4
Member since 2014 • 67 Posts

I have always been more of a fan of 2-d fighters. I thought Dead or Alive really used the 3-d setting well though, and streamlined the fighting in a simple but fun fashion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I always found those DOA games interesting, but not a hardcore fan.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i havent played any DOA games before

mooooo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12 mooooo99
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

yup, doa is a great series! the fighting can be fun as well!

xxninja666xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By xxninja666xx
Member since 2011 • 737 Posts

I love these games for their advanced physics engine.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

This is the 1st and Only game I've played that doesn't devolve into simple degenerative strategies like seemingly Infinte Juggles, Spam Attacks, or anything else that may or may not be in Street Fighter..... The fact that it also has a much lower "Skill Floor" (due to the controls and not the mechanics) is a happy bonus.

Also theres no Limited Resources like Supers, Ultras, Subtitutions, Guard Meters, Dash/Dodge meter or whatever..... Health is the only Resource, So you won't find yourself in a situation where your screwed and couldn't do didly squat about it because you didn't have a specific Resource..... Thats what leads to Optimization (A Clear strategy better than all other strategies no matter what the context is), If you've played One of the Naruto games then you'l know the entire combat is focused on depleting your opponents substitution gauge...... the entire game depends on it yet you can only do it four times....in a certain specific time window. Once you drain the Substitution Gauge or get your gauge drained then you're pretty much defensless then you need to Optimize your strategy to inflict maximum damage before the gauge refills. Thats literally the mainfocus of Naruto, gauge draining. Its the Same in Street Fighter, fortune favours the one with the higher Super Meter, in Injustice Fortune favours the one standing next to the Enviromental Hazard.

In Dead or Alive..... There is no Optimized strategy, theres no Hierachy of things that need to be done 1st, the fight can't be planned from Start to Finnish, it can be changed in a single move.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

@Chatch09

Not only that.... Where else other fighting games encourage you to perfom moves as quick as possible.... This is extremely fatal in Dead or Alive.... The forgiving nature of the combo strings allow you to outwait your opponent's attempt to counter your next strike ensuring you get to complete the combo without having to restart it even though your opponent was gona use the correct counter, it also keeps them on their feet (Sometimes its actually better to give into the falling animation because if you remain on your feet you leave yourself open to a Crital Stun and a Crital Burst).

I learnt this the hardway in my fight against Akira Yuki, he uses alot of Mid Punches so its pretty obvious which counter hold to use but getting the timing down is a pain in the ass because he can delay or rush his next punch, he's even got feints and false entries just for the sake of luring a player into failed counter animation trap........

Theres no way to memorize it.... The only way is to be smarter.... Not faster. :)

After Playing this game for a year now I just recently found out the game shows you a basic representation of your character's attributes (Speed, Technique, Power, Throws and I forgot the last one) in the Character Selection Screen. I didn't notice it before.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@Chatch09

I want those Costumes too ! And I plans on getting them..... i got $11 in my XBL account that I'm just dying to get rid of (because Microsoft is stupid).

If only there was a way to Upgrade my Vanilla DOA to Ultimate..... :(

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

Do I have to own all of the games to be considered a fan? :P

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lulu_Lulu

Heres another thing I love about Dead or Alive..... It can't truly be mastered. Its skill ceiling is highly dependent on the metagame between opponents made possible by Double Blinds..... Meaning when fighting a new opponent you have to learn their strategy which is unique to them and counter it. Unlike in other fighting games for the "hardcore" crowd that are centered around you fighting with the controls more than they are about fighting your opponent.

DOA tests your ability to adapt on the fly since Double Blinds can't be predicted until halfway through... And just like Rock Paper Scissors the Metagame can't be Degenerated.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@zeroyaoi said:

Do I have to own all of the games to be considered a fan? :P

I have them all to. :P I've been a fan since the ps1 days. :P

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22  Edited By Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Not a fan as I prefer the Street Fighters but they get overlooked as people think it's all tits and ass and forget what a good beat um up they are. I think they bigger in Japan then in the UK because Japan isn't so shy on those things and good on them, I love the Japanese for their shameless sexism in games.

Edit: Because sometimes girls flaunt what they got and not every girls in some sort of feminist movement.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@BranKetra said:

Dead or Alive 4 was amazing at its peak of popularity except for the Xbox Live racists. I was competing at the SS level.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is fun, but there are not enough people on lower ranked matches, so it has been too tedious to get to the higher ranks with some good gaming sessions. I got the free version to start and I might have gotten the full disc version had I not be blocked by that obstacle.

Yeah, last time I played DOA 5 Ultimate online, it was very hard for me to find even one match. It was very difficult. I guess it's not as popular in the States as it is elsewhere, I guess.