Dead Island 2 delay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Olizart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Olizart
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

Does anyone know of this delay and is it true? My friends and I were really looking forward to this release in just a few weeks, we can't get enough of zombie slaying fun. But now Deep Silver or Yager or both have put out there on the interweb that it's getting held back until the end of the year because they don't want to lose sales if they release it too close to another zombie survival type game (Dying Light). Now I don't know if this is true but if it is, well it's made me very angry. All I can say if it is true is, good luck going up against the big titles coming like The Division, Metal Gear V and so on. Although not zombie games they are titles I feel the players would rather be putting their hours into, I know I would. Now is the time for zombie games, so bring it on and lets have the release in April like you said. Pleeease.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

if that is true that just sucks so much ass I was looking forward to the game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Haven't heard anything about the game in a while, but I read this on Wikipedia: "The game was originally scheduled for a Spring 2015 release,[5] but for now, it maintains a placeholder date on various merchant websites[6][7] and has been delayed until Fall 2015."

But I think the real disappointment is that there isn't really going to even be a story or main campaign. Just an open world meant to be played in co-op with a bunch of side missions and stuff. Sounds very lazy and makes me want to avoid the game now. I'll just play Dying Light at some point instead, since it looks like a much better experience and something that I can actually enjoy in single-player.

Olizart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Olizart
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

@SoNin360: You would be right on there mate, it does seem lazy not to even add in a campaign. But with that said it would be still a good game to get out with your friends on those drink nights and just go killing zombies for no good reason. LOL And Yes you have to go play Dying Light, I loved it. The parkour was great and really made you feel free to move anywhere you wanted.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Between Dead Island Riptide, Epidemic, Escape Dead Island, and Dying Light, I keep forgetting that Dead Island 2 is still a distinct game on the horizon.

-Byshop

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Probably to give them time to come out with the Dead island Remastered Collection first.

Zekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zekken
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@Olizart:

I just keep wishing they'd stop messing around with stuff like "Epidemic" and just get us back on track. I liked DI 1 and Riptide, but I'm not really a big fan of the button-masher, arcade style version of this franchise (I want that kind of thing, I play "Ubermosh"), but I hope that they do get this one out soon!