This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 MrFreehuggs
Member since 2010 • 1260 Posts

I beat Demon Souls multiple times on PS3. I beat Dark Souls on PS3 and 360 multiple times and it's my all time favorite game. So it's only natural I bought Dark Souls II at launch for my laptop. I'm struggling to get into the game. I really want to play but I end up getting bored very quickly. Did anyone else have this problem and does it get better?

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@MrFreehuggs: It does. The only thing is that the intro is meant to get newcomers into the series without getting smacked in the face with the game's dick. Trust me, the game becomes a true souls game very quickly.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I thought it was good. I guess I could see how the beginning would be dull to some people though.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Dark Souls II doesn't have the same feel as the other two because Hidetaka Miyazaki didn't take part in it. He's been working on Bloodborne, instead. So, overall DSII feels more mechanical then the previous 2 games. With the boss battles being the most showing of that. Just about all the boss battles in DSII were forgettable and, overall, feel cheap.

Also, DSII is only hard in the beginning. Once you acquire the two "Ring of Life Protection" (which can be gotten early in the game, once you know where they're at) the whole premise surrounding hollow form and blood spot recovery is completely lost. Just look at the stats of Dead versus Human.... http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/players/index.html

If it weren't for that ring, the scale would be swinging the opposite.

And there is no benefit of not leveling up. Matchmaking is mainly determined by Soul Memory. And this effect is worse on the PC, since on the PC it's easier to hex edit stats. So, if you happen to kill a grief'er with modified stats, via. a gravity kill. Then your Soul Memory gets an automatic boost of about 100-300k. Which means you're gonna get invaded by real high ranking guys from that point forward.

Loading Video...
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Wait.... Did you say "Bored" ?

Try playing BattleToads.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Battletoads is an evil game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@mastermetal777

I know... Its why I hate my brother.

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 MrFreehuggs
Member since 2010 • 1260 Posts

I finally played it on my lunch for about an hour. It feels like the Dark Souls universe now that I've actually worked on getting past the intro. It was just so damn gray and looked awful. I think I got used to playing games that hold your hand and forgot what Dark Souls is all about.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Two things about this game annoy me most:
First you can skip many boss fights and still get to Drangleic. I never killed the pursuer.

Second Drangleic is sooo disappointing.

In Dark souls 1 you would beat a location so that you could enter a new one. There was this sense of exploration. But in Dark souls 2 you aren't suppose to explore. You're supposed to get to the end. You can skip many locations and still get to the end and that final location isn't anything special like the story promises it to be.