Dark Souls harder than Darksiders?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I don't know about anyone else but I found the puzzles in Darksiders I and II to be pretty difficult to solve in later levels. Is Dark Souls harder with it's puzzle solving?

hellangel_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 hellangel_boy
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

I have never played Darksiders. But Dark Souls is barely about puzzle solving, it has almost no puzzles.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Darksiders 1 is probably one of the three easiest games I've ever played on its hardest difficulty. Admittedly, it really helped the pacing but holy mother of video games was it easy

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Darksiders is a lot easier than the Souls games, but for different reasons. Granted, there re many more puzzles in Darksiders, and the Souls games have very little to no puzzle solving. Still, Souls are much more difficult; expect to die a lot on your first playthrough of any of the games.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Starshine_M2A2

So, it's more combat focused. Works for me.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Yeah, there's not much puzzle solving in Dark Souls. It's more environment awareness than anything else- there's no map, so you'll have to pay attention to item descriptions and NPC dialogue in order to determine your route of progression.

As for Darksiders, the puzzles were decent, but I don't think I ever really got stuck on anything. I don't think I ever died in combat either, all my deaths were falls trying to get items.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Darksiders 1 is probably one of the three easiest games I've ever played on its hardest difficulty. Admittedly, it really helped the pacing but holy mother of video games was it easy

Good try bud, but you're lying. Basically everything takes away an entire life bar on Apocalyptic and half the attacks are unblockable. The game itself isn't difficult to complete cause the checkpoints are ridiculously forgiving but beating it without dying multiple times would be incredibly hard.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@firefox59 said:

@Blabadon said:

Good try bud, but you're lying. Basically everything takes away an entire life bar on Apocalyptic and half the attacks are unblockable. The game itself isn't difficult to complete cause the checkpoints are ridiculously forgiving but beating it without dying multiple times would be incredibly hard.

Were the Apocalyptic difficulties different for you and me? I spent most of the game just lol'ing at how easy the combat was, and then tried to act sanguine about it when it was hard only because of shit design (turning into a TPS angel-shooter thingy).

Nah, Darksiders 1 was easy as it comes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

hum wat? two things I found wrong with your post:

1. Darksiders 1 and 2 puzzles were piss easy besides the chore that was the last one in D1, the one with the portals and the boxes, but that one was more of a chore to do rather than "difficult" per se

2. Dark Souls has no puzzles, unless I'm missing somethin

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@firefox59 said:

@Blabadon said:

Na. Darksiders 1 was very easy even on Apocalyptic. Yes most attacks where unblockable but thats what the dodge/slide button was for. It was so easy I platinum'ed it two times with two different accounts. When it comes to Hack'n'Slash combat is some of the easiest you can find

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Really? I found the puzzles in both Darksiders a tad on the easy side.

If you want hard puzzles ,mixed into a darker Link to the Past type of game, buy Alundra. That game will make you pull your hair out.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@firefox59 said:

@Blabadon said:

Na. Darksiders 1 was very easy even on Apocalyptic. Yes most attacks where unblockable but thats what the dodge/slide button was for. It was so easy I platinum'ed it two times with two different accounts. When it comes to Hack'n'Slash combat is some of the easiest you can find

I didn't think the game was hard. But I played through it first on Apocalyptic without the abyssal armor (obviously) so most of the times a new enemy would hit me a few times before I could recognize the pattern. Because of that I was almost always low on health. It was weird playing through a game with low health most of the time.

I think we are differing on what our definition of easy is though. Say, if you beat Silitha (spider boss) or the angel lady, in the second fight without dying (her insta-kill attack got me the first time then own the 2nd time) then props. The game itself is easy to complete but the game isn't easy. Bioshock Infinite on 1999 mode was easy. Darksiders had too many problems with blocks misses and still getting hit even with a properly timed dash.

EvilBibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#13  Edited By EvilBibi
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

If you're into puzzles then probably Dark Souls ain't the game for you, although...

while playing DS it got me to remember Abe's Oddyssey for ps1. let me explain...-->

In Abe's Oddyssey every single stage/frame/picture (whatever you want to call it) was a piece of the puzzle. You'd have to use your wits in order to get through EVERY SINGLE foe and save EVERY SINGLE bro.

Now when it comes to DS I believe it is quite the same. It's kind of like one, big combat puzzle!

First you need to learn and be aware of the environment, one wrong step, a slight blink of an eye or even a bit of misjudgement and you're dead! (ye... there comes popping up, as if to mock you, a sign saying, "You Died" ... no shit Sherlock d-_-b).

Then you need to learn your enemy's behavior and use some tactics, like for example funneling, luring or backstabbing... or hit and run (a lot! :) ). you also need to reserve and make sure to use your stamina wisely.

In addition thou need to adapt thine self (uuu shakespear :O). decide what works best for you... whether it's more comfortable for you to play light, fast and quick or whether you'd prefer being a tank, slow and clumsy with massive dmg.

I could go on and on... but i doubt you'd want to read an essay :) yes i personally think DS is much harder then Darksiders. Hope this helps a bit ... peace out *sends positive vibrations*

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Starshine_M2A2

@Vatusus said:

hum wat? two things I found wrong with your post:

1. Darksiders 1 and 2 puzzles were piss easy besides the chore that was the last one in D1, the one with the portals and the boxes, but that one was more of a chore to do rather than "difficult" per se

2. Dark Souls has no puzzles, unless I'm missing somethin

1. I'm not much of a problem solver. Hence me not playing games like Dark Souls or Darksiders very often.

2. I haven't played either Dark Souls so didn't know much about what their gameplay was like.

sam-jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By sam-jay
Member since 2013 • 68 Posts

that's kind of easy question.... we can chose the difficulty in darksiders but in dark souls you just "SATRT THE GAME". dark souls put you in world that where nothing is clear, and any stupid decion can cost you a lot, like killing one of the people u deal with or wasting you XP.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

I don't know about anyone else but I found the puzzles in Darksiders I and II to be pretty difficult to solve in later levels. Is Dark Souls harder with it's puzzle solving?

Dark Souls dont have any puzzles , its all about the boss fights and the trip there.

B3GV5M63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17 B3GV5M63
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Dark Souls is way harder. i havent played Darksiders. but i am sure it is harder. needs thinking. and hardcore gaming. very hard fights. extremely hard. I just bought Dark Souls II. I played DS for 250 hours and i struggle everywhere in this game. but the game is a beast.