Dark Souls: Best RPG on Xbox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tgruss (2 posts) -
Right?
#2 Posted by Rat_King (142 posts) -

Amazing game, for sure. But I think I'd have to go with Witcher 2 or Skyrim, mostly because they're at least just as good, but appeal to a much wider audience.

#3 Posted by Throwmasta (4 posts) -
I would say Dark Souls, along with Demons Souls are the best RPGs of this generation, though it all depends on what you like. While these games focus on gameplay (remember when good gameplay actually mattered?), some of your more mass market RPGs use story based choices and a bunch of filler stuff (that's not necessarily fun) to smokescreen mediocre gameplay/combat. IMO, all of the freedom and extracurricular activities in the world are pointless, without good gameplay to back them up. I am currently playing through the Witcher 2 on Xbox and so far, it's fantastic; very good combat system to back up the rest of the goods. Obviously I can't judge it as a whole yet, until I finish it.
#4 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia.

Though I played The Witcher 2 on PC, I think the 360 version is supposed to work pretty flawlessly, so that should be in the discussion as well.

#5 Posted by Throwmasta (4 posts) -
Witcher 2 plays extremely well on Xbox, but with one exception. The use of the medallion is mapped to the left analog stick (you press it in). This results in Geralt stopping to use the medallion occasionally (or frequently) in the heat of combat; which can obviously get you killed quickly on the higher difficulty settings. That is my only gripe with it so far, and you can't remap any of the button configuration to fix this problem (to my knowledge). Otherwise, I am loving this game, and the 1st major boss encounter was pretty epic.
#6 Posted by riou7 (10832 posts) -

Sure, along with Lost Odyssey

#7 Posted by Allicrombie (25113 posts) -
I rather enjoyed Eternal Sonata.
#8 Posted by TTDog (3516 posts) -

JRPG wise Lost Odyssey just ahead of Eternal Sonata... providing you can get past the first town where the pace is just soooooooo slooooow.

#9 Posted by quaid78 (21 posts) -
Don't know why, but I like Two Worlds II the most. Dark Souls is pretty damn good, too.
#10 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -
Dark souls is really good, but not the best.
#11 Posted by Venom951 (365 posts) -
The witcher 2 has my vote
#12 Posted by Soilworkcob (626 posts) -

Dark Souls is my personal favourite as well.

#13 Posted by HardGames420 (233 posts) -

It's true, though anyone who hasn't played Demon's Souls and only Dark Souls is really missing out on the only competition Dark Souls has which is Demon's Souls, the inspiration for Dark Souls.

#14 Posted by Soilworkcob (626 posts) -

It's true, though anyone who hasn't played Demon's Souls and only Dark Souls is really missing out on the only competition Dark Souls has which is Demon's Souls, the inspiration for Dark Souls.

HardGames420

I have both and I do consider Dark Souls superior, though Demons Souls was pretty good.