Dark souls 3 Rumors: Warning Dark souls 1 and 2 spoilers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wrstew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By wrstew
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

So a bit of background on my history of me and dark souls before i go into the rumors. I got dark souls, 2 weeks after it originally came out, played it for 3 hours and rage quit so hard that I traded the game back to the shop. A great start to the franchise I know. Fast forward to January of this year, I saw a lot of the hype surrounding blood borne and decided to give dark souls another try. This time I got a digital copy on Xbox live (so I couldn't trade it back in again). This time I got 20 hours in and made it to Anor Londo, though this time is stopped for a different reason. It was half term at this time so i was off school, I went out to buy some games for the holidays. I got dead space 3, dark souls 2 and metal gear rising. I don't know why i bought the other two looking back because, I ended up over a week and a half putting 50 hours into dark souls 2 and beating the game. I had a blast, there were some things that were frustrating to say the least but hey its dark souls so I pushed on past it. Since then i have gone back to dark souls 1 and have continued my journey.

Now as a big fan of the series and someone who is looking forward to playing blood borne when i get my PS4, I hear these rumors and see the screen shots on destructiod http://www.destructoid.com/leaked-dark-souls-iii-screenshots-look-legit-293409.phtml.

My reactions to this you would think would just be pure hype. However I'm just kind of Meh. When I saw the screen shots I was disappointed. It looks like dark souls 2, which already looked out dated. That's the first point. Second is me thinking, where the hell is the story going to go? As of the crown dlc ending your character became essentially immortal and immune to the effects of hollowing, so where are we going from here? Perhaps we try to break the cycle that was explained during dark souls 2 and the dlc?

With that in mind i am already uncertain about this with just this information. I Thought we were moving towards a Blood borne series rather than another dark souls game.Not to mention the fact that dark souls 2 felt like a more of a fan service expansion to the first game rather than a big improvement, with recycled bosses which are quite similar for the most part. So unless the do make some massive improvements to it and really make interesting boss fights i don't think it will be that good. I am not worried about it not being hard. I'm worried about it being hard for the wrong reasons, I want less big knight boss in circular room, and more undead chariot in terms of boss fights. Make them hard not through their damage but how they fight and how we have to fight to beat them. Being hard is not enough any more. Their are a lot of hard games. Make it hard by being different rather than raising the bosses stats.

As to how it turns out well lets wait and see, E3 is just over a week away. Lets see what they have for us.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#1 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Dark Souls 2 didn't have Miyazaki as the director, but DS3 will, so I'm not too worried.

wrstew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By wrstew
Member since 2014 • 43 Posts

@mastermetal777: That's true but I expected a larger graphics upgrade cus, 1 its one next gen and two, blood borne looked way better than those screen shots. It maybe that that those pics are out of date. I'm still very interested in it, but I'm just tempering my expectations.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I would never expect much from From Software on the tech side. I don't think they're a very big company and wouldn't be surprised if they got a little money from Sony to cover their dev costs with BB. So it very well could look worse if From is on their own developing this. It's not critical; having Miyazaki apparently is. DS2 didn't do it for me, but BB was pretty darn good. The real question for me is can I go back to old school DS dodge mechanics after BB.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@Ish_basic: I'd say just play Dark Souls for a while before you get to Dark Souls 3

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

Yeah, I for one do not see where we can go story wise

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

Holy shit? ! if its true then woah!

The story can go anywhere. As I'm seeing it, this one could be a lot better than the last ones.