DA: 2 VS DA: 3 Combat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

Has anyone seen any news, or has any insight on the direction DA: 3 will go with combat? The original was made, or built for slow, and tactical play which I like because it was different. I recently have been replaying all my characters to set up for DA: 3, and now I am half way through DA: 2. Which I am actually enjoying except the repetition of caves, and warehouses. I hated the changes they made when it initially released, but am enjoying the story, and leveling up Hawk. The combat of DA: 2 I admit I like better, but i think the strategy, and using your team mates worked better in DA: O. I used all my characters in the first, but now only use Hawk unless it gets hard. I'm hoping they find a way to make both worlds work out, but what do you guys think? I'm tired of reading the articles, and no one asking the real questions, just kissing butt.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

DA 3 will include elements of both games in its gameplay. They're bringing back the tactical commands, party management, and overhead camera from Origins while allowing you to get into the action as in DA2, though it'll have more of a strategic feel rather than a hack-n-slash one.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

What about the secondary set of equipment like in DA:O, have they released any info on that? I thought it was dumb as hell to take that out, with all the weapons you come across in DA: 2. Also they took out things like ranger class for the rouges, and I believe transforming into an animal with an mage.