Crytek will release Timesplitters HD collection if they get 300k signatures

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IZoMBiEI (6477 posts) -

So sign away!

hmm its changing the link after I submit it so heres the full link

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

#2 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -
You forgot the : in your link.
#3 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

Also why a HD collection and not an actual Time Splitters 4. Timesplitters doesn't need a HD collection imo. :?

#4 Posted by c_rakestraw (14711 posts) -

Also why a HD collection and not an actual Time Splitters 4. Timesplitters doesn't need a HD collection imo. :?PetJel

An HD collection would help test the waters for a TimeSplitters 4, I'm sure.

#5 Posted by MAILER_DAEMON (45906 posts) -
Where does it say that 300k signatures will convince them to make it?
#6 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="PetJel"]Also why a HD collection and not an actual Time Splitters 4. Timesplitters doesn't need a HD collection imo. :?c_rake

That, and if it is released with updated online and on PC....*drools*

#7 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

[QUOTE="PetJel"]Also why a HD collection and not an actual Time Splitters 4. Timesplitters doesn't need a HD collection imo. :?c_rake

Hm I hope so. I'm afraid a HD collection won't get high sales since it has (debatably) less of a cult status than say ICO or MGS.
#8 Posted by doesntcare (1219 posts) -

Signed. Hopefully it happens, as it is one of the best fps multiplayer series IMO

#9 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Signed. Hopefully it happens, as it is one of the best fps multiplayer series IMO

doesntcare

Though it has some issues, they are pretty negligible and it is truly a spritual successor to Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark 64. The games are some of the best ever. Sometimes I wonder how games like this and Baten Kaitos didn't become very successful.

ANyway, I love TS, but be it an HD collection or a new one, or a remake, I want to see it on PC!

#10 Posted by Heirren (17293 posts) -
Time splitters has sloppy analog implementation. ...Bioshock, as well.
#11 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Time splitters has sloppy analog implementation. ...Bioshock, as well.Heirren

......what?

#12 Posted by Socijalisticka (1621 posts) -

The CEO of Crytek has said that they would love to make a new game, but they don't know how well it would sell in todays industry.

How obscene. Knowing Crytek, i'd rather they not develop a TS4.

sloppy how? You can play fixed camera on ts2. The Goldeneye/RO2-esque aim is neat anyways. That is what you're talking about right?

#13 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

The CEO of Crytek has said that they would love to make a new game, but they don't know how well it would sell in todays industry.

Socijalisticka

sloppy how? You can play fixed camera on ts2. The Goldeneye/RO2-esque aim is neat anyways. That is what you're talking about right?

Funny enough, Crysis and Crysis Warhead are some of the most reminiscent singleplayer campaigns this gen, to the SP campaigns of GE64. PD64, and TS. Because most SP campaigns in FPS games today are based around run and gun. Crysis (maybe not 2, have not played it) actually have that feelign of choice in how to tackle a situation. I love that.

So I understand concerns definitely, but I am still eager to see more TS.

#14 Posted by Socijalisticka (1621 posts) -

Oh don't get me wrong, Crysis is still one of the best FPSes ever made. It's not even the multiple playstyles that distinguish it. A game can have a hundred different playstyles and still be completely inane (*cough* Deus Ex). Anyways knowing how the series went after the second, I'm rather a pessimist.

#15 Posted by Heirren (17293 posts) -

Socijalisticka

No it's just very loose--it's hard to describe. Something is up, though.
#16 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

Oh that would be SOOOO awesome!

Though, how would they handle the Level Editors all three games have? Putting all three in would be neccessary for completion but uneccessary in terms of quality play.

I still would want to have all of them with added support to share and play your created maps all over the PSN and among your friends.

And guys? OFFLINE Splitscreen BOT MATCHES!

Gosh, Please, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Everybody who can PLEASE sign up! It would be soooo awesome having it back.

Though, an actual Time Splitters 4 would be awesome too of course :)

Btw. for all of you wanting it, keep an eye on Shootmania Storm, so far it's said it'll be all about Community Created Content too and is also Sci Fi, so you might want to keep an eye on it (Release is supposedly sometime around 2013) and so far my biggest hope in bringing the TS Flair to modern days :)

#17 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

we need this come on people i signed

#18 Posted by fightingfish18 (221 posts) -

I just came over here to post this and it showed up as one of the top topics. Please dear lord, everyone sign!

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72239 posts) -
i would like the first timesplitters for ps2 as HD collection
#20 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

OMG I just realised I still have the Created Map Data on my PS2 Memory Cards....I will SO Re-Relaunch them :D

#21 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Signed and made a SW thread as well as a thread on another site. I hope it happens, though I worry that even if it does I will not be given the option of a PC version :(. I hope if this happens it comes to PC too!

#22 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

Signed and made a SW thread as well as a thread on another site. I hope it happens, though I worry that even if it does I will not be given the option of a PC version :(. I hope if this happens it comes to PC too!

NaveedLife
That would be freakin amazing but don't count on it =\ Too much conversion work and costs for an audience that doesn't really know the series I think. :(
#23 Posted by 3KindgomsRandy (15488 posts) -

Signed. Man, Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect were my favorite shooters last gen...

#24 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

I would rather have a Timesplitters 4 :(