Could I run Risen 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CitizienCroat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CitizienCroat
Member since 2011 • 305 Posts

I played original maxed out quite satisfying, with beautifull graphics and stable frame rate. I have AMD dual core Athlon with 2.7 ghz (I think), 3 GB ram and Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+. I played Kingdoms of Amalur maxed out and Skyrim on medium-high settings. Would that be enough to have at least passable performance on Risen 2? Thanks for any help, cheers!

thrice00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thrice00
Member since 2003 • 951 Posts

I'm already surprised you maxed Kingdoms of almur but i got no idea if you're gonna be ok with Risen 2

CitizienCroat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CitizienCroat

And it run very smoothly, I didnt use something to measure FPS, but I would say most of the time it runned between 30-40 FPS and here and there (in the indoors, houses, caves and castles) it felt like 60 FPS. I was also suprised to tell you the truth.

FreakshowGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#5 FreakshowGamer
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts

If you could play Kingdoms of Amulur that well, you could most likely blast through Risen 2 at a sexy framerate on high-ish settings. All should be fine.

CitizienCroat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CitizienCroat

Thank you very much, I will definetly give it a go, (to tell ya the truth I think I had V-sync turned off on Kingdoms, but everything else was pretty much maxed out at 1600 X 1200 resolution). I was looking forvard to Risen 2 since I played the second game. Looks really awesome.

daveydsurveys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 daveydsurveys
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

Thank you very much, I will definetly give it a go, (to tell ya the truth I think I had V-sync turned off on Kingdoms, but everything else was pretty much maxed out at 1600 X 1200 resolution). I was looking forvard to Risen 2 since I played the second game. Looks really awesome.

CitizienCroat
I also think you should be OK- may have to turn down a few settings. But if you're planning on having that PC for awhile you may want to consider getting another GB of RAM if your motherboard can support it. RAM is pretty cheap and it will probably help many games run a bit more smoothly. (Just make sure you get the right kind). 4 GB is usually the optimal / recommended amount of RAM right now for gaming.
Blue_Tomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#8 Blue_Tomato
Member since 2002 • 1585 Posts

What's up with all these "can i play x on my y PC"? The games have official minimum and optimum requirements listed, don't they?

CitizienCroat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CitizienCroat

My apologies, I am not very tech savy, so I cant exactly estimate where my components fall in between "minimum" and "recommended"...

"Can you run it" site actually says that my PC has 4 GB ram... ??? I am fairly sure that is a mistake though.