Conan O'Brien reviews Halo 4. Hilarity ensues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hdnXaUvdUE

God I love his reviews. This has to be the best one. :lol:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts
Yeah I saw that last night on his show, it was pretty awesome. I love his reactions and the looks he'd give as he was being told about the game. It was hilarious when he shot Andy.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Better than the game. Embarrassing sequel.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

dvader654

What? Halo 4 is fantastic.

As a long time Halo fan, 4 is legitimately one of the least faithful sequels I've ever played. It c omepletely throws away the core tenets on what the MP was built upon.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
So awesome! He has the best rating system of any game site.dvader654
it makes as much sense as any :P
Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Hitman is the best one so far. Conan O'Brien is one of my favourite comediants.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Lol, get this guy a review show on Gamespot.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Thefatness16

As a long time Halo fan, 4 is legitimately one of the least faithful sequels I've ever played. It c omepletely throws away the core tenets on what the MP was built upon.

So after FIVE games in the series, you still wanted them to do the same sh*t again?

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Any plot spoilers?
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="dvader654"] What? Halo 4 is fantastic.S0lidSnake

So after FIVE games in the series, you still wanted them to do the same sh*t again?

No I wanted them to add meaningful additions to make the core of the game better. Not ape sh*tty games, to appeal to an audience that doesn't give a f*ck about Halo.

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
Any plot spoilers?Black_Knight_00
Don't watch the video if you are concerned about learning anything about area rugs.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
that was awesome
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Damn, I missed this episode. :(

And it only took him 3 months to review the game. >_>

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

No I wanted them to add meaningful additions to make the core of the game better. Not ape sh*tty games, to appeal to an audience that doesn't give a f*ck about Halo.

Thefatness16
I kinda have to scratch my beard whenever I hear statements like this. If they're catering to an audience who doesn't care about Halo, why are they playing it then?
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Thefatness16

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

JustPlainLucas

I kinda have to scratch my beard whenever I hear statements like this. If they're catering to an audience who doesn't care about Halo, why are they playing it then?

They're not? The game happens to be the highest selling Halo game, while also having the lowest retention rates.

http://i6.minus.com/jbrMd2PjeJjv9q.png

Link

As of yesterday the game has fallen 66K, while Reach was able to keep a 80K+ peak population. All the while Reach sold around 9M, whereas Halo 4 is the best selling game in the franchise(11M+).

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Thefatness16

I thought the single player was even worse.

They're not? The game happens to be the highest selling Halo game, while also having the lowest retention rates.

Shipping without custom games, the ability to find and share gametypes/maps/videos/screenshots, and less game modes probably didn't help them there.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Any plot spoilers?Black_Knight_00

The plot in Halo 4 sucked, so what does it matter? :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

My issues with Halo 4 aren't so much with the gameplay, but with the current lack of content (mostly modes), and the fact that 343 somehow managed to find a way to make spartan Ops worse than Firefight, which I personally found boring as hell to play (atleast Firefight was actually well-made though).

Also all the armor looks way to similar and many look kinda sicky. I know its just aesthetic menial aspect of the game, but srill slightly disappointed that likes character creation-esque stuff.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I posted this in another thread not too long ago...

"Halo 4 is a solid entry in the series. With improved visuals and sound design, new enemies also bring an extra layer of depth to each battle, more focused storytelling, bringing a level of humanization to Master Chief and a level of depth to the relationship between Cortanna and him, something I very much enjoyed. The new mechs were a fun addition, adding even more vairety to the vehicle selection, although I do miss the chopper from Halo 3. The new weapons may not by any means be unique, they are however useful and also visually striking compared to the Covenant weaponry.

Multiplayer has taken a few turns, but not necassarily for the worst. Spartan Ops is a nice addition and does not harm the core value of the title, it's a step in a different direction and one I do not entirely agree with, atleast in its current implementation. Multiplayer as a whole is still as fun as ever, a few changes might anger some but I have not found them to detract or hurt my enjoyment in any meaningful way.

The campaign however is quite repetitive, something that I cannot overlook. But my biggest issue is one with not just Halo 4, but the series in general, the levels are bland, lifeless, they do not feel lived in. These spaces feel like they were created and designed by a combat designer as a testing area for enemy A.I and balancing rather than a believable playspace that the player can become invested in. This is quite prominent throughout the series but moreso in Halo 4 than any other entry outside of the original.

But anyone who ignorantly bashes and berates this title is nothing more than a biased, naive and bitter fanboy. Halo 4 is a solid title in the franchise and is unmistakably a Halo title in nearly every conceivable way. The hyperbolic statements made by some in this thread are ridiculous to say the least"

While I do believe that one could argue that it's not necassarily the best entry in the series, I do believe it's a worthy addition to the franchise and a great first outing for 343.

But on topic, those Conan O'Brien gaming reviews are really funny, so many aspects of video games just make perfect sense to us as gamers, but to somebody not accustomed to the quirks of modern video games it can be quite jarring and confusing.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts
[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

dvader654

Agreed. The game is awesome. Spartan Ops was kind of so-so though. I see what they were going for though and in some aspects it is pretty cool but overall it just seemed to fall a bit short. It could get better later on though so we'll see.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

conan is my favourite they guy is halarious. he did a review of hitman too it was great