I built myself a space flight sim cockpit with an X-52 HOTAS stick to prep for Star Citizen, but in the meantime I'm looking at spaceflight sims to hold me over until next year. I've been having a blast with Strike Suit Zero/Infinity even though it's a linear, mission based sim as opposed to my preferred Privateer-style games. I've beaten SSZ, on the last mission of the DLC and I've nearly finished all the missions in Infinity and now I'm looking for something else. I've already played the X series, Darkstar One, Tachyon, Freelancer, all the Wing Commanders, Privateer 1 and 2, and a few others. Now I'm looking for anything else that I can play, preferably that's not too arcade-y since I have this nice HOTAS stick.
Now I'm looking for other games, even if they are linear and mission based. Here are some of the games that I'm looking at:
- Evochron Mercenary
- This one is complicated and deep looking but the full install is like 350MB so that's not promising.
- Galaxy On Fire 2 HD
- PC release of a mobile game. Also not promising.
- Starlight Inception
- Don't know much about it.
- Starpoint Gemini 2
- 1 didn't get good reviews but 2 might be decent.
- Void Destroyer
- Early access but might be cool. It's more than just a space combat sim so the space combat sim part probably isn't terribly complicated.
I own all of these, but my free time is limited so I'm looking for opinions on if any of these are worth investing in. Has anyone played any of these -or- are there any that I'm missing? These indie games tend to be short on reviews so there's not a wealth of material out there on if these titles are good or not.
Thanks in advance.