CoD leaks! Advanced Warfare! Stars Kevin Spacey!

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44752 posts) -

Oh crap Destructoid just ruined the CoD reveal. It’s called Advanced Warfare and it stars Kevin Spacey! Trailer at the link!!!

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-leaked-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml

Through a trusted source, Destructoid has learned the new Call of Duty, subtitled Advanced Warfare, revolves around a soldier of fortune group run by Spacey’s character that has turned on the United States government. As shown in the leaked media attached to this post, players will wear exosuits to jump super high, scale buildings, and cloak themselves. Also, hoverbikes.

I’m excited. If CoD would only ditch its terrible campaign structure and make a real game, with open levels, good missions, actual progression it could be fantastic as a campaign. Look at all that awesome! Hover bikes! Super suits! Imagine if it had more open areas like a Halo how fun that would be.

#2 Edited by mjorh (616 posts) -

Man it's KEVIN SPACY! Hope they get it right , at least the story part ....i'm freakin excited!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU

#3 Edited by BranKetra (47505 posts) -

A Kevin Spacey skin for multiplayer would be awesome.

#4 Edited by kingcrimson24 (374 posts) -

I would be lying if I say I wasn't impressed . looks great .

and I hope it will be a great game and people enjoy it . I haven't played COD since Black ops 1 ( except a bit of BO2 campaign ) , but I might actually get this one .

and I hope haters stop trolling about it ! if you don't like it then don't play it . I know i know , its the same thing it was last year , gameplay is super easy , story is the same .... but don't yell at people who are having fun with it . if they enjoy it , let them have it .

#5 Edited by BranKetra (47505 posts) -

Seriously, though, I said a while back that if CoD went with a futuristic setting and aliens, it might mean no turning back. The time is confirmed, so now all that is needed is an aliens in the campaign or maybe even in a separate mode altogether to put my hypothesis to the test.

Edit: I do not expect aliens in the campaign for Advanced Warfare because of the trailer, but I felt like putting that out there.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

Whats he going to add to the gameplay ?

Thats right.... I'm immune to Hype ! :p

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

@ BranKetra

They might try to trick you and go with Mutated Freaks instead !

Or maybe they'l just go with Illegal Aliens. :p

#8 Posted by mjorh (616 posts) -

Kevin Spacy rocks but his facial animations could've been much better ...

Anyway we gotta wait to see more gameplay stuff but this sounds promising !

Seriously, though, I said a while back that if CoD went with a futuristic setting and aliens, it might mean no turning back. The time is confirmed, so now all that is needed is an aliens mode to put my hypothesis to the test.

Aliens....i don't think so , dunno why this "Alien Concept" is just so hard to be executed well !

#9 Posted by mjorh (616 posts) -

"People need a leader who can give'em both the support and the constraints to keep chaos at bed ....you give'em that and they'll follow ....And That's Where I Come In !"

#10 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3392 posts) -

Enjoy

#11 Edited by Black_Knight_00 (18072 posts) -

I don't get why people are acting all shocked over a big name actor in a CoD game: Call of Duty has hired top-billing actors for their games for years. Lance Henriksen and Billy Murray for MW2, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris and Ice Cube between WaW and Black Ops, Idris Elba, Timothy Olyphant and William Fichtner in MW3.

Production values have always been stellar in these games.

#12 Posted by mjorh (616 posts) -

I don't get why people are acting all shocked over a big name actor in a CoD game: Call of Duty has hired top-billing actors for their games for years. Lance Henriksen and Billy Murray for MW2, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris and Ice Cube between WaW and Black Ops, Idris Elba, Timothy Olyphant and William Fichtner in MW3.

Production values have always been stellar in these games.

I've overreacted i admit it !

You're right , the thing about this one is actually you get to see a great actor IN THE GAME u know , it's not just a voice acting or sth like the previous ones....

#13 Posted by blangenakker (2067 posts) -

@Black_Knight_00: Would this be the first time they model an actor into the game though?

Hmm, if the gameplay is the same then whatever but its a different studio so perhaps the benefit of doubt will set in.

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

If SledgeHammer games is working on this then what the Hell is Treyarch Doing ?

#15 Posted by mjorh (616 posts) -

If SledgeHammer games is working on this then what the Hell is Treyarch Doing ?

They're gonna release two cods this year i assume

#16 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

@ mjorh

Perhaps they want to extend the developement cycle to 3 years for each studio instead of 2, that way each studio has more time to improve their game !

But Activion is Greedy so Two CoDs a year it is ! :p

#17 Posted by xvwxxvwx (6 posts) -

Guys, this is original OST or Fake ??

#18 Posted by Archangel3371 (15158 posts) -

That trailer was so awesome Kevin Spacey ftw. Pre-ordering game in 3 .... 2 .... 1 .....

As for those wondering about Treyarch's CoD it'll be next year as they have 3 devs working on the franchise now with each game on a 3 year development cycle.

#19 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6213 posts) -

Cool trailer, but I'm not getting suckered into being hyped for another COD game.

#20 Edited by groowagon (2740 posts) -

i think my hype-o-meter is broken. it's not moving. or wait... could it be? yes! i think i might be genuinely uninterested!

#21 Edited by MWright469 (149 posts) -

This is the worst looking thing I have ever seen. Seriously, now they're trying to make it seem like hoverbikes, invisibility, and jumping really high are cool? Halo had all of this and more years ago. This series has run dry of ideas and is now just churning out whatever they think will make money. Each year they make some shitty version of the same game formula and set the game 40 years after the previous game. I wonder how long it'll be before we have Call of Duty: Distant Future Warfare? I guess that's practically what this is already.

And seriously, not just his voice, but an actual Kevin Spacey in Call of Duty? Wow, now Hollywood is in our video games. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

#22 Posted by jer_1 (7419 posts) -

Looks like a great movie... :eyeroll:

#23 Edited by Flubbbs (2833 posts) -

OP seems overly excited

#24 Edited by ptrpedrohung (187 posts) -

does his involvement necessarily drive the campaign design to be better?

#25 Edited by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

Still not interested in the game. I need some innovation before I care about CoD again.

#26 Edited by balto70 (7 posts) -

I'll wait to see what the comments are about it when it's released. Activision always promises big things, big changes, etc., but then when their game comes out, all of the things that they talked about really aren't there. It looks like it has potential, but I'll wait and see. But it seems they definitely were inspired by elements of Titanfall, so I'm really hoping that they'll copy Titanfall's matchmaking system. Once they added that in Titanfall, the game went from frustrating to a lot of fun. (And yeah, I'm not that great at FPS, nor do I have any great desire to be. I just like to sit every once in a while and play them for fun).

#27 Posted by lumzi32 (326 posts) -

Have to admit... that looked rather damn great!

#28 Edited by Garfield360UK (19497 posts) -

If the story is done well and the gameplay is refreshed, I think this could be pretty sweet. I like Call of Duty but the FPS genre in general has just lost me in recent years, I think I burnt out on it with Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and Battlefield in the past (as well as other action games like Gears of War). If this is just the same game again I may skip it (says the guy who says that every year for the past 3 or 4 years and ends up getting the new game anyway).

#29 Edited by LordQuorthon (5244 posts) -

That trailer... Well, things were just way better when Japan ruled the video game world and you had a bit of cool Western D&D/Star Wars licensed games on the side to add some flavor.

That's just how I feel, of course. If playing Michael Bay movies is what you want out of video games, then good for you.

#30 Posted by huerito323 (1371 posts) -

The campaign will most likely be epic. I'm just done with the multiplayer portion of COD games.