CoD: Ghost vs South Park: Stick of Truth Score

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Lucky_Mouse (8 posts) -

So i was just randomly surfing on gamespot when i stumble across CoD: Ghost score and i couldnt believe that reviewer gave it 8/10 but whatever, everyone likes something different. So i continued with surfing and I came across South Park: Stick of Truth score and it was only 7/10 .. Realy ?! Realy ?!! You gave boring nothing new bringing CoD 8 and to the hilarious funny SP only 7 ? I just dont understand, either somebody paid you an awful lot of money or you are taking some serious drugs .. You decide

Sincerely, Lucky Mouse.

#2 Posted by SoNin360 (5441 posts) -

Scores are going to vary... and looking at the average scores for both of those games, GameSpot's scoring wasn't unusually low or high for each game. It's just how it turned out. I don't even think it was the same reviewer. And they're completely different games anyway, so comparing the scores is even more pointless than usual. You can compare scores all day and find several examples of comparisons you don't agree with.

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11566 posts) -

^Thats one hundred percent true^

but Not only that but these are also two entirely different games, too differen't to compare. They each have they're genre which abide to a different set of standards when it comes to rating them, since shooters are so saturated and have little avenue to improve. Scoring an 8 is not that impressive, its to be expected and shamefull if it scored lower. But for RPGs its not the same and scoring a 7 is pretty good. Ya know what I mean ?

#4 Posted by Lhomity (771 posts) -

So i was just randomly surfing on gamespot when i stumble across CoD: Ghost score and i couldnt believe that reviewer gave it 8/10 but whatever, everyone likes something different. So i continued with surfing and I came across South Park: Stick of Truth score and it was only 7/10 .. Realy ?! Realy ?!! You gave boring nothing new bringing CoD 8 and to the hilarious funny SP only 7 ? I just dont understand, either somebody paid you an awful lot of money or you are taking some serious drugs .. You decide

Sincerely, Lucky Mouse.

Dude. Seriously?

Reviews for two completely different games, written by two completely different people, each with their own feelings and opinions.

And you went for a bizarre conspiracy theory over review scores.

Someone is probably taking some serious drugs, but I doubt it's the authors of those reviews.

#5 Posted by Lucky_Mouse (8 posts) -

Okay guys, you made your point. But i still think that score for CoD: Ghost is overrated.

#6 Edited by thereal25 (401 posts) -

I imagine that the marketing budget for cod ghosts would be a lot higher than south park.

And when there's so much money involved who knows who's getting bribed to say what - and you also have to wonder about whether user reviews are genuine or not.