COD Advanced Warfare, good or recycled trash?

• 55 results
Edited 3 months, 17 days ago

Poll: COD Advanced Warfare, good or recycled trash? (35 votes)

Good, yes! 34%
Recycled trash. 66%

Just saw the teaser trailer for COD Advanced Warfare, it looks decent I guess, what are your thoughts?

#1 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9722 posts) -

Only Time will tell.

One thing you can be sure of is that its gona sell real good thanks to my homeboy K-Speezy ! :p

word !

#2 Posted by SpaceCatThe1st (20 posts) -
#3 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

The game's not released yet. But, if I had to take a guess, I'd say that the changes to the technology are superficial at best and won't really effect the gameplay in too significant a way. Could be wrong, though.

#4 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9722 posts) -

@SpaceCatThe1st

LOL. Kevin Spacey dude !

#5 Posted by SpaceCatThe1st (20 posts) -
#6 Posted by Ariabed (1101 posts) -

I welcome the changes hopefully they will give the series a well needed lift, looks promising.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

It's a copy paste with Titanfall rip off features

#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6562 posts) -

Recycled trash.

#9 Edited by Ariabed (1101 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: I know it's just your opinion but it could turn out to be really good, or really bad, it's to early to start bashing it, you may have to eat your words :p

#10 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5639 posts) -

Yeah seems like it.

If the SP campaign is decent, I might give it a go. Otherwise, I'll pass on it like the last few games.

#11 Posted by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

Looks great to me, can't wait for it.

#12 Posted by Behardy24 (2639 posts) -

Can't say anything about it since no gameplay has been showcased yet, but I'll like to see how the element of the exoskeletons will effect the mutiplayer.

#13 Edited by BranKetra (47797 posts) -

It has potential.

#14 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

Instead of jumping on the hate train I'll reserve my judgement until I see more game play and hear more info.

#15 Posted by Metamania (11964 posts) -

I know this much. Doesn't matter what they do with the franchise, it's still the same game that's going to sell billions. Also, have they played a lot of Crysis or something? They seem to be heavily inspired by that.

#16 Edited by cooolio (433 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

If the SP campaign is decent, I might give it a go. Otherwise, I'll pass on it like the last few games.

It is easy to say that it is ripping of Titanfall because it is the most recent FPS with a futuristic setting, bu AW is taking more from Crysis. Anyway, like many have already said, it will still sell millions. Be that as it may, I actually doubt that this will be recycled, at least when it comes to SP. Some fresh details mentioned upgrading your suit with points from each mission. That by itself suggest more tactical freedom and open areas in the campaign.

#17 Posted by blangenakker (2163 posts) -

Because we can totally tell how a game is going to turn out from an announcement trailer. It might be the same, it might not. At least its not being developed by zombie Infinityward

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

i haven't given Activision money since BLOPS 1

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

It is easy to say that it is ripping of Titanfall because it is the most recent FPS with a futuristic setting, bu AW is taking more from Crysis. Anyway, like many have already said, it will still sell millions. Be that as it may, I actually doubt that this will be recycled, at least when it comes to SP. Some fresh details mentioned upgrading your suit with points from each mission. That by itself suggest more tactical freedom and open areas in the campaign.

Then why are there mechs and big jumps suddenly in? They are trying to stay relevant

#20 Posted by mjorh (655 posts) -

It's too soon to make a decision ...

#21 Posted by elkoldo (954 posts) -

Recycled shit.Hasn't it always been like that?

#22 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

and Crysis. How dare they did this!

#23 Posted by cooolio (433 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

Then why are there mechs and big jumps suddenly in? They are trying to stay relevant

The closest thing we saw to a mech was that guy in a big exo suit. They said that they have been developing it for 3 years, but we all know that even if it is true people will not believe it. But whatever the case, the fact is that it will not play like Titanfall.

#24 Posted by MWright469 (150 posts) -

Calling it right now: this game is going to fucking suck.

#25 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

The closest thing we saw to a mech was that guy in a big exo suit. They said that they have been developing it for 3 years, but we all know that even if it is true people will not believe it. But whatever the case, the fact is that it will not play like Titanfall.

That's bs, Sledghammer helped out on MW3, so two years tops...

#26 Posted by Salt101010 (147 posts) -

It's definitely going to be interesting whether it's good or not. I'm gonna reserve judgement until it comes out.

#27 Edited by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

That's bs, Sledghammer helped out on MW3, so two years tops...

That doesn't mean that they also couldn't have been working on this game as well.

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -
#29 Edited by CTR360 (6923 posts) -

i rent the ps4 version not hyped

#30 Posted by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Still doesn't mean it's going to be good...

I never said that that means it'll be good I just said that just because they helped with MW3 that doesn't mean that they couldn't have also been working on Advanced Warfare as well.

#31 Edited by DuaIFace (496 posts) -

I already played (and still own---even though it has horrible controls/animations/ect) this game---it's called MGS4.

I swear Hideo Kojima beats everyone to everything in his games. Like all the time. Ideas, plots, you name it.

#32 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I never said that that means it'll be good I just said that just because they helped with MW3 that doesn't mean that they couldn't have also been working on Advanced Warfare as well.

They didn't have the full team for 3 years

#33 Posted by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They didn't have the full team for 3 years

Yeah so? People still could have done other things or whatever or maybe those that were helping could have also been doing some stuff on Advanced Warfare as well. Helping another team with a game doesn't automatically preclude them from doing anything else.

#34 Edited by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

I'm excited for it. I don't understand why people think having the same mechanics is a bad thing. When something is fun, it should stay fun. I mean what do you want them to do, guns are guns and soldiers are soldiers. Do you want them to turn it into a cartoon with lasers or something? A shooter is a shooter. New maps, tweaked gameplay and a fun story are all they need every year to have me salivating for more.

#35 Edited by Kevlar101 (5993 posts) -

@elkoldo: @mjorh: Why is it that the two of you always post in pairs? One of you posts somewhere, the other probably isn't far behind. Haha just wondering :P

#36 Posted by Kevlar101 (5993 posts) -

I'm excited for it. I don't understand why people think having the same mechanics is a bad thing. When something is fun, it should stay fun. I mean what do you want them to do, guns are guns and soldiers are soldiers. Do you want them to turn it into a cartoon with lasers or something? A shooter is a shooter. New maps, tweaked gameplay and a fun story are all they need every year to have me salivating for more.

Because why would you pay $60 for a game that makes such small changes that it could easily pass as DLC? Seriously, each game is just new maps and some new guns. That is DLC material, not sequel material.

#37 Posted by elkoldo (954 posts) -

@Kevlar101: Lmao... :))))

I don't know why it's like that! It's true that we're both from the same country, but we live in different cities, miles away from each other.It's mere coincidence I swear!

Honestly, I laughed pretty hard here Kevlar =P

#38 Posted by mjorh (655 posts) -

@elkoldo said:

Recycled shit.Hasn't it always been like that?

Have voted for recycled shit but we gotta wait....

@darthgumballs said:

Because why would you pay $60 for a game that makes such small changes that it could easily pass as DLC? Seriously, each game is just new maps and some new guns. That is DLC material, not sequel material.

THIS !

#39 Posted by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

There's also a new campaign with new story, dialog, characters, environments. New content beyond just maps for other modes as well such as Zombies and Extinction. Sometimes there's even new modes as well such as Safeguard and Squads in Ghosts. Saying each new game is just new maps and guns is just not true and each game is just as much sequel material as most every other game out there.

#40 Edited by Kevlar101 (5993 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

There's also a new campaign with new story, dialog, characters, environments. New content beyond just maps for other modes as well such as Zombies and Extinction. Sometimes there's even new modes as well such as Safeguard and Squads in Ghosts. Saying each new game is just new maps and guns is just not true and each game is just as much sequel material as most every other game out there.

A new campaign? The Modern Warfare trilogy is painful. The same game three times.

Ghosts was awful. Rorke is such a boring antagonist, that I can't even call him a bad one. He is just so generic and bland and just a BORE.

I actually like the Treyarch COD games. They are quite good. They keep doing interesting things with their titles. They are the ones who are actually trying to put some effort into the series.

#41 Posted by madgame23 (175 posts) -

Ill wait to cast my vote on the game till i see actual footage not videos and such. Last time i was fed into the hype COD i bought Ghosts and that was mistake ill not make again. Sledgehammer made MW3 and while i was not impressed at all with that game, the SP was good. I said before that i wouldnt buy another COD, i may break that again but wont buy any season passes and such.

#42 Posted by blangenakker (2163 posts) -

Is this Sledgehammer's first proper Call of Duty, didn't they work with Infinityward for MW3?

#43 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -
#44 Edited by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

@Kevlar101: Well you may not like it but it's still new content and is certainly more then merely new maps and some new guns.

#45 Posted by Archangel3371 (15250 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: lol Way to refute my points there but whatever floats your boat I guess.

#46 Edited by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

@darthgumballs said:

Because it's worth every freaking penny, every freaking year. If it weren't it wouldn't be the #1 selling game for about the last 10 years.

#47 Edited by Kevlar101 (5993 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

Because it's worth every freaking penny, every freaking year. If it weren't it wouldn't be the #1 selling game for about the last 10 years.

Wow, you got defensive pretty fast.... O...O

#48 Posted by Minishdriveby (10128 posts) -

Trailer seemed cool although I guess that's the point of trailers. I still want to eventually buy a CoD; I'll probably pick up world at war later this year.

#49 Posted by Netret0120 (1996 posts) -

I immediately thought of titanfall when i saw it. This is their answer to it. Variety is good for us the consumers.

#50 Edited by Kalipto55w (5 posts) -

The trailer didnt really get me hyped as much, but this one isnt bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiT4do7wkzE&list=UUjT09LQuBXiO0q98Y_UgVsA altough it isnt offical :)