COD Advanced Warfare, good or recycled trash?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpaceCatThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By SpaceCatThe1st

Poll COD Advanced Warfare, good or recycled trash? (36 votes)

Good, yes! 33%
Recycled trash. 67%

Just saw the teaser trailer for COD Advanced Warfare, it looks decent I guess, what are your thoughts?

• 
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Only Time will tell.

One thing you can be sure of is that its gona sell real good thanks to my homeboy K-Speezy ! :p

word !

SpaceCatThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SpaceCatThe1st
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: K-Speezy being who? xP

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The game's not released yet. But, if I had to take a guess, I'd say that the changes to the technology are superficial at best and won't really effect the gameplay in too significant a way. Could be wrong, though.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@SpaceCatThe1st

LOL. Kevin Spacey dude !

SpaceCatThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpaceCatThe1st
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Ohhhh! Haha my bad!

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

I welcome the changes hopefully they will give the series a well needed lift, looks promising.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

It's a copy paste with Titanfall rip off features

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Recycled trash.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: I know it's just your opinion but it could turn out to be really good, or really bad, it's to early to start bashing it, you may have to eat your words :p

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

If the SP campaign is decent, I might give it a go. Otherwise, I'll pass on it like the last few games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Looks great to me, can't wait for it.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Can't say anything about it since no gameplay has been showcased yet, but I'll like to see how the element of the exoskeletons will effect the mutiplayer.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

It has potential.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

Instead of jumping on the hate train I'll reserve my judgement until I see more game play and hear more info.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I know this much. Doesn't matter what they do with the franchise, it's still the same game that's going to sell billions. Also, have they played a lot of Crysis or something? They seem to be heavily inspired by that.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

If the SP campaign is decent, I might give it a go. Otherwise, I'll pass on it like the last few games.

It is easy to say that it is ripping of Titanfall because it is the most recent FPS with a futuristic setting, bu AW is taking more from Crysis. Anyway, like many have already said, it will still sell millions. Be that as it may, I actually doubt that this will be recycled, at least when it comes to SP. Some fresh details mentioned upgrading your suit with points from each mission. That by itself suggest more tactical freedom and open areas in the campaign.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Because we can totally tell how a game is going to turn out from an announcement trailer. It might be the same, it might not. At least its not being developed by zombie Infinityward

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Last_Ride

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

i haven't given Activision money since BLOPS 1

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Last_Ride

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

It is easy to say that it is ripping of Titanfall because it is the most recent FPS with a futuristic setting, bu AW is taking more from Crysis. Anyway, like many have already said, it will still sell millions. Be that as it may, I actually doubt that this will be recycled, at least when it comes to SP. Some fresh details mentioned upgrading your suit with points from each mission. That by itself suggest more tactical freedom and open areas in the campaign.

Then why are there mechs and big jumps suddenly in? They are trying to stay relevant

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It's too soon to make a decision ...

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Recycled shit.Hasn't it always been like that?

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

Then why are there mechs and big jumps suddenly in? They are trying to stay relevant

The closest thing we saw to a mech was that guy in a big exo suit. They said that they have been developing it for 3 years, but we all know that even if it is true people will not believe it. But whatever the case, the fact is that it will not play like Titanfall.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Calling it right now: this game is going to fucking suck.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@cooolio said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

The closest thing we saw to a mech was that guy in a big exo suit. They said that they have been developing it for 3 years, but we all know that even if it is true people will not believe it. But whatever the case, the fact is that it will not play like Titanfall.

That's bs, Sledghammer helped out on MW3, so two years tops...

Salt101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Salt101010
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

It's definitely going to be interesting whether it's good or not. I'm gonna reserve judgement until it comes out.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Archangel3371

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yeah seems like it.

That's bs, Sledghammer helped out on MW3, so two years tops...

That doesn't mean that they also couldn't have been working on this game as well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371: Still doesn't mean it's going to be good...

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i rent the ps4 version not hyped

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archangel3371

@The_Last_Ride said:

I never said that that means it'll be good I just said that just because they helped with MW3 that doesn't mean that they couldn't have also been working on Advanced Warfare as well.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

I already played (and still own---even though it has horrible controls/animations/ect) this game---it's called MGS4.

I swear Hideo Kojima beats everyone to everything in his games. Like all the time. Ideas, plots, you name it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I never said that that means it'll be good I just said that just because they helped with MW3 that doesn't mean that they couldn't have also been working on Advanced Warfare as well.

They didn't have the full team for 3 years

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Archangel3371

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They didn't have the full team for 3 years

Yeah so? People still could have done other things or whatever or maybe those that were helping could have also been doing some stuff on Advanced Warfare as well. Helping another team with a game doesn't automatically preclude them from doing anything else.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

I'm excited for it. I don't understand why people think having the same mechanics is a bad thing. When something is fun, it should stay fun. I mean what do you want them to do, guns are guns and soldiers are soldiers. Do you want them to turn it into a cartoon with lasers or something? A shooter is a shooter. New maps, tweaked gameplay and a fun story are all they need every year to have me salivating for more.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#35  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@elkoldo: @mjorh: Why is it that the two of you always post in pairs? One of you posts somewhere, the other probably isn't far behind. Haha just wondering :P

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kevlar101

@darthgumballs said:

I'm excited for it. I don't understand why people think having the same mechanics is a bad thing. When something is fun, it should stay fun. I mean what do you want them to do, guns are guns and soldiers are soldiers. Do you want them to turn it into a cartoon with lasers or something? A shooter is a shooter. New maps, tweaked gameplay and a fun story are all they need every year to have me salivating for more.

Because why would you pay $60 for a game that makes such small changes that it could easily pass as DLC? Seriously, each game is just new maps and some new guns. That is DLC material, not sequel material.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@Kevlar101: Lmao... :))))

I don't know why it's like that! It's true that we're both from the same country, but we live in different cities, miles away from each other.It's mere coincidence I swear!

Honestly, I laughed pretty hard here Kevlar =P

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@elkoldo said:

Recycled shit.Hasn't it always been like that?

Have voted for recycled shit but we gotta wait....

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

Because why would you pay $60 for a game that makes such small changes that it could easily pass as DLC? Seriously, each game is just new maps and some new guns. That is DLC material, not sequel material.

THIS !

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

There's also a new campaign with new story, dialog, characters, environments. New content beyond just maps for other modes as well such as Zombies and Extinction. Sometimes there's even new modes as well such as Safeguard and Squads in Ghosts. Saying each new game is just new maps and guns is just not true and each game is just as much sequel material as most every other game out there.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kevlar101

@Archangel3371 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

There's also a new campaign with new story, dialog, characters, environments. New content beyond just maps for other modes as well such as Zombies and Extinction. Sometimes there's even new modes as well such as Safeguard and Squads in Ghosts. Saying each new game is just new maps and guns is just not true and each game is just as much sequel material as most every other game out there.

A new campaign? The Modern Warfare trilogy is painful. The same game three times.

Ghosts was awful. Rorke is such a boring antagonist, that I can't even call him a bad one. He is just so generic and bland and just a BORE.

I actually like the Treyarch COD games. They are quite good. They keep doing interesting things with their titles. They are the ones who are actually trying to put some effort into the series.

madgame23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#41 madgame23
Member since 2005 • 400 Posts

Ill wait to cast my vote on the game till i see actual footage not videos and such. Last time i was fed into the hype COD i bought Ghosts and that was mistake ill not make again. Sledgehammer made MW3 and while i was not impressed at all with that game, the SP was good. I said before that i wouldnt buy another COD, i may break that again but wont buy any season passes and such.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Is this Sledgehammer's first proper Call of Duty, didn't they work with Infinityward for MW3?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371: it's still going to suck

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Archangel3371

@Kevlar101: Well you may not like it but it's still new content and is certainly more then merely new maps and some new guns.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Archangel3371

@The_Last_Ride: lol Way to refute my points there but whatever floats your boat I guess.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

Because it's worth every freaking penny, every freaking year. If it weren't it wouldn't be the #1 selling game for about the last 10 years.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kevlar101

@darthgumballs said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@darthgumballs said:

Because it's worth every freaking penny, every freaking year. If it weren't it wouldn't be the #1 selling game for about the last 10 years.

Wow, you got defensive pretty fast.... O...O

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Trailer seemed cool although I guess that's the point of trailers. I still want to eventually buy a CoD; I'll probably pick up world at war later this year.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I immediately thought of titanfall when i saw it. This is their answer to it. Variety is good for us the consumers.

Kalipto55w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kalipto55w
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

The trailer didnt really get me hyped as much, but this one isnt bad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiT4do7wkzE&list=UUjT09LQuBXiO0q98Y_UgVsA altough it isnt offical :)