This topic is locked from further discussion.

nirvanasparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By nirvanasparkle
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Before I get on-topic here, let me say that I'm old-school when it comes to games. I grew up playing the NES and other retro consoles, mostly alone, by myself on a big wooden big screen t.v with spotty color issues. Mega Man was "The Green Bomber" to me until I got a better t.v and found out he was blue. Growing up in the eighties (where, in my opinion, gamers were men, not like today) A lot of the fun was in the challenge was between me and the games. Yes, and before you ask, I did not have many friends. so I took on games like Contra alone. When i did play with others, (usually my older brother) it was rare. Fast-forward to today and Co-op games are the norm, Borderlands, GTA V, Halo, Gears of War, the list goes on. Here's the truth my fellow Equestians, It's not fun to me, it will probably never be fun to me ever. I heard all the reasons I'm wrong from: "play with friends". to "Nirvana just have fun, don't think to much about it." Why should my enjoyment of a game depend on others? I do not buy games (other than sports games) for other people, I buy them for me first. I don't get why it's so important in today's game world that Co-Op is better fun. I just played Dynasty Warriors 8 for two weeks alone, by myself and had a blast. But yet when it comes to games like Battlefield 4, I need friends or else it's waste of time and money. Why are games made like this? I get the fact that online gaming is about friends, and believe me, I do like playing with people sometimes, but Co-Op should never be the determining factor to somebody (or somepony's) enjoyment of a game. Because sometimes it's should be like is was for me, just you and the game. til next time, find piece in your own nirvana.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I too, have more fun when I play with myself.

Hah!

But no seriously, every game I buy has the have a good quality single player first and foremost, which is why I have yet to buy or play a single solitary one of the Call of Duty games.

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Considering the vast range of single, coop and multiplayer focused games aren't you being a little hypocritical? Just because you're primary gameplaying is single person doesn't mean all companies should design their games with you in mind. Which is probably why they don't. For every great multiplayer game there are a bunch of single player variants as well.

Battlefield's always been primarily MP and, whilst COD is designed with a multiplayer focus nowadays, they both still have a campaggin in there. If you're not happy with that, there are loads of FPS military games out that are SP focused. Sorry to be a bit negative but your post reads like someone who bought an MMO then starts complaining that you need to play with others to finish it.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I too enjoy gaming the most when it's me versus the game. But that's not to say Co-Op doesn't have it's place. What I like the best is when it's a great balance. Halo does Co-Op especially well for my taste. If I have a friend over it's a great game for some split-screen Co-Op, but it's just as fun alone.

So I only have an issue with Co-Op when it's forced upon me. Games like Crackdown 2 where they can't be bothered to scale the difficulty and just suggest you invite some friends to play, that's just poor design work. If I can play it alone, I should be able to win alone, and that's all there is to it.

What I don't care too much for though, is online multiplayer modes. Halo being the exception, but I'm just a fan of everything that series does... or did before 4 I guess I should say. But that is in part due to the fiction which I enjoy. Back on topic, games like CoD are fine and more power to those who dig them, but I'm not among their numbers. I appreciate that the fast pace is part of the gameplay, but it's just not for me. I die three times before I know what map I'm on and it's just no fun for me to fall so quickly. At least in Halo I can take a couple of shots before I go down. It may be less realistic, but it's a hell of a lot more fun to me. But even Halo, for all I've praised it, gets old quickly if all I'm doing in the multiplayer. I'd prefer to stick to single player or co-op 90% of the time.

Heh... green bomber. Nice. :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

The only game i play with others is Borderlands 2, where i play Splitscreen with a friend. But other than that, i just buy the for the singleplayer

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@Randolph said:

I too, have more fun when I play with myself.

Hah!

But no seriously, every game I buy has the have a good quality single player first and foremost, which is why I have yet to buy or play a single solitary one of the Call of Duty games.

LOL If you know what i mean

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

@nirvanasparkle said:

Before I get on-topic here, let me say that I'm old-school when it comes to games. I grew up playing the NES and other retro consoles, mostly alone, by myself on a big wooden big screen t.v with spotty color issues. Mega Man was "The Green Bomber" to me until I got a better t.v and found out he was blue. Growing up in the eighties (where, in my opinion, gamers were men, not like today) A lot of the fun was in the challenge was between me and the games. Yes, and before you ask, I did not have many friends. so I took on games like Contra alone. When i did play with others, (usually my older brother) it was rare. Fast-forward to today and Co-op games are the norm, Borderlands, GTA V, Halo, Gears of War, the list goes on. Here's the truth my fellow Equestians, It's not fun to me, it will probably never be fun to me ever. I heard all the reasons I'm wrong from: "play with friends". to "Nirvana just have fun, don't think to much about it." Why should my enjoyment of a game depend on others? I do not buy games (other than sports games) for other people, I buy them for me first. I don't get why it's so important in today's game world that Co-Op is better fun. I just played Dynasty Warriors 8 for two weeks alone, by myself and had a blast. But yet when it comes to games like Battlefield 4, I need friends or else it's waste of time and money. Why are games made like this? I get the fact that online gaming is about friends, and believe me, I do like playing with people sometimes, but Co-Op should never be the determining factor to somebody (or somepony's) enjoyment of a game.Because sometimes it's should be like is was for me, just you and the game. til next time, find piece in your own nirvana.

That is your personal take on gaming and it is always<-------------- absurd when gamers believe that their way of gaming and their way of thinking should be imposed on other gamers. If you don't make purchases of games based on Co-op, thats fine but, that does not mean no-one else should which is a rather juvenile point of view. Its even more annoying to read " Growing up in the eighties (where, in my opinion, gamers were men, not like today)". What kind bullcrap is that? You obviously have some esteem/personal issues if you can come to such a conclusion. But this is the internet, so I am not really surprised. :)