Cleaning A PS3 Disc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 smeags11
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

One of my ps3 games (NHL08) always freezes and I dont know why? There are no scratches but for some reason it always freezes. NHL games always freeze after you've had them for a while for some strange reason and am wondering how can I efficiently clean A disc. I also hear that blu-ray discs are intensely scratchproof, I beleive theres a video on youtube of a guy scraping one with various things and it still works. If true, then why does this always freeze?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Oil and dust don't seem to get along with blu-rays, so while there might not be scratches on the disc, it can still be too dirty to play. If you can, find a good scratch-free cloth like the ones they use for LCD screens and sunglasses. Those work great for cleaning blu-ray discs. I had the same problem with Uncharted.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
I know this IS the General Games discussion forum but you might have had a better outcome if you posted in the PS3 one.
smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smeags11
ok fine
PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

warm water on a paper towel has always worked for ps2 games and cds for me. i haven't had to clean a ps3 disc yet since im very careful.

smeags11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smeags11
^ well I am too, the only time anybody ever even touches my discs is the transition from the box to the console, but yet for some reason here I am with a freezing game
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

If you still have the receipt and have owned the game less than a month, you can take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for another copy of the same game.

Anyhow, I've never had to clean a disk because I always take good care of them (any time I take a game out of the console, I immediately put it back in its case).