China does not like the Xbox One

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75045 posts) -
Loading Video...

Doesn't seem like Asia is getting behind it either, i don't see Europe doing it either with the release for most of europe coming in September

#2 Posted by Jacanuk (5860 posts) -

lol Ride do you get % for all the promotion your doing for youtubers :D

But i wouldn't put too much into this, its just a poll and we all know how polls can be shown to prove anything even that the earth is flat and full of 8-legged amazon women.

#3 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Phil Spencer does have great hair. No lie there.

Not a big surprise. Sony being Asia-based means they have higher dominance in China compare to Microsoft. I bet it's way smoother shipping Sony products to China (Also cheaper) compare to shipping America products to them. But then, it's internet poll. And who knows how those companies ran them. (Hopefully they made them region restricted). So, let's wait for the sale charts to come out.

#4 Edited by Mesomorphin (876 posts) -

To be expected, Asia has never taken a-liking to many products that aren't of their own culture, they had a little rant over the recent american Godzilla movie, so this wouldn't surprise me either. However according to VG-Chartz, 20-30% of the Xbox One's sales have been from Europe, so I wouldn't count that as being bad by any stretch.

Side from Microsoft having a crappy start off with the Xbox One, I find it hard to understand why the PS4 is murdering the Xbox One in sales....when as the PS4 currently stands it has very few exclusives and only another 2 or 3 planned for the rest of the year..

#5 Posted by Notorious1234NA (1463 posts) -

@mesomorphin: psst its called marketing

  1. MS wanted to sell console for $$$$
  2. PS4 sold console for $$$
  3. Gamers just want want cheapest $$
  4. PS4 won
#6 Posted by Mesomorphin (876 posts) -

@notorious1234na said:

@mesomorphin: psst its called marketing

  1. MS wanted to sell console for $$$$
  2. PS4 sold console for $$$
  3. Gamers just want want cheapest $$
  4. PS4 won

Well now that the Xbox one has dropped the kinect they're both evenly priced. In-fact here In Australia, the xbox one bundled with 3 games is $50 less than a ps4 bundled with 2 games. Its crazy!

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19022 posts) -

Its not the Box.... Its the company and the service they don't like.

#8 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152917 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

To be expected, Asia has never taken a-liking to many products that aren't of their own culture, they had a little rant over the recent american Godzilla movie, so this wouldn't surprise me either. However according to VG-Chartz, 20-30% of the Xbox One's sales have been from Europe, so I wouldn't count that as being bad by any stretch.

Side from Microsoft having a crappy start off with the Xbox One, I find it hard to understand why the PS4 is murdering the Xbox One in sales....when as the PS4 currently stands it has very few exclusives and only another 2 or 3 planned for the rest of the year..

People that invest in consoles are in it for the long run....so if they find Sony to be more attractive they will buy their machine. Likewise with the other 2 companies. Plus past history....if they played other consoles and had games and fun....they will wait for the games to come. Which they are starting to do. And the same multi plats are out for both. You don't have to only worry about exclusives.

#9 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Microsoft has the highest dick rating of all the console makers, no wonder China hates them and their douchebaggery.

#10 Edited by JordanElek (18179 posts) -

*China don't care about the XBox One

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75045 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

lol Ride do you get % for all the promotion your doing for youtubers :D

But i wouldn't put too much into this, its just a poll and we all know how polls can be shown to prove anything even that the earth is flat and full of 8-legged amazon women.

nah, i really didn't want to post this video since i don't like the guy. But he said it pretty well. But there were several polls suggesting the same

#12 Posted by Mesomorphin (876 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mesomorphin said:

To be expected, Asia has never taken a-liking to many products that aren't of their own culture, they had a little rant over the recent american Godzilla movie, so this wouldn't surprise me either. However according to VG-Chartz, 20-30% of the Xbox One's sales have been from Europe, so I wouldn't count that as being bad by any stretch.

Side from Microsoft having a crappy start off with the Xbox One, I find it hard to understand why the PS4 is murdering the Xbox One in sales....when as the PS4 currently stands it has very few exclusives and only another 2 or 3 planned for the rest of the year..

People that invest in consoles are in it for the long run....so if they find Sony to be more attractive they will buy their machine. Likewise with the other 2 companies. Plus past history....if they played other consoles and had games and fun....they will wait for the games to come. Which they are starting to do. And the same multi plats are out for both. You don't have to only worry about exclusives.

Nice statement. However when I invest in a system, its the games that I look out for, as thats the whole reason I game.

#13 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19259 posts) -

Then again, who does?

#14 Posted by mgools (1052 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Its not the Box.... Its the company and the service they don't like.

Interesting....The "Box" and company have been great. What company do you know that has (with the xbox 360) admitted a manufacturing issue and extended the warranty to 3 years. Also calling and getting a representative almost immediately. Also listening to its would be customers who didn't like some how the Xbox one was going to be released, and pulled back on its previous decisions. Not many companies will do that these days. With that said... I love my PS4, and don't even own an Xbox One. But a bad company or bad system it is not.

#15 Posted by Notorious1234NA (1463 posts) -

@mesomorphin: The problem is when you mention PS4, its just ingrained in our minds that the PS4 will always be considered the cheaper and better alternative despite recent changes.

The whole kinect, DRM, subpar specs, multimedia focus, bigger price tag, etc. issue blew up and ruined Xbox image for the year 2014. Personally tho, I believe Xbox will eventually outsell PS4 in US anyway since majority of prev gen owners here were X360 owners. Moreover, journalist don't tell the whole story. Who sells most consoles means nothing. What matters are the software sales and in the US, Xbox franchise still has a firm grip. MS has roughly 50% of the software market and that is how these guys make money, factor in price cuts.

#16 Edited by jdc6305 (4081 posts) -

China is not Japan the Chinese actually love American products especially our cars and furniture.

#17 Posted by Mesomorphin (876 posts) -

@notorious1234na: Well spoken. Microsoft's mistakes will continue to haunt them for the foreseen future, but as you mentioned there is a strong possibility that they may catch up or surpass. Given that many gamer's still have yet to make the jump, their console choice is definitely a huge factor. And as many have said before me, video games define the console. Halo isn't just a huge exclusive, its a huge video game franchise in general. Spawning countless figurines, literature, public events, and already existing TV series and two more to come! People underestimate how much of a console seller Halo master chief collection/Halo 5 will be. With that said of course, only time will tell.

#18 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152917 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mesomorphin said:

To be expected, Asia has never taken a-liking to many products that aren't of their own culture, they had a little rant over the recent american Godzilla movie, so this wouldn't surprise me either. However according to VG-Chartz, 20-30% of the Xbox One's sales have been from Europe, so I wouldn't count that as being bad by any stretch.

Side from Microsoft having a crappy start off with the Xbox One, I find it hard to understand why the PS4 is murdering the Xbox One in sales....when as the PS4 currently stands it has very few exclusives and only another 2 or 3 planned for the rest of the year..

People that invest in consoles are in it for the long run....so if they find Sony to be more attractive they will buy their machine. Likewise with the other 2 companies. Plus past history....if they played other consoles and had games and fun....they will wait for the games to come. Which they are starting to do. And the same multi plats are out for both. You don't have to only worry about exclusives.

Nice statement. However when I invest in a system, its the games that I look out for, as thats the whole reason I game.

You do know I was talking about games?

#19 Posted by Mesomorphin (876 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mesomorphin said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mesomorphin said:

To be expected, Asia has never taken a-liking to many products that aren't of their own culture, they had a little rant over the recent american Godzilla movie, so this wouldn't surprise me either. However according to VG-Chartz, 20-30% of the Xbox One's sales have been from Europe, so I wouldn't count that as being bad by any stretch.

Side from Microsoft having a crappy start off with the Xbox One, I find it hard to understand why the PS4 is murdering the Xbox One in sales....when as the PS4 currently stands it has very few exclusives and only another 2 or 3 planned for the rest of the year..

People that invest in consoles are in it for the long run....so if they find Sony to be more attractive they will buy their machine. Likewise with the other 2 companies. Plus past history....if they played other consoles and had games and fun....they will wait for the games to come. Which they are starting to do. And the same multi plats are out for both. You don't have to only worry about exclusives.

Nice statement. However when I invest in a system, its the games that I look out for, as thats the whole reason I game.

You do know I was talking about games?

Yes...I was referring to those who seek systems out for their price or hardware. Sorry if it sounded as though I was targeting you.

#20 Posted by Notorious1234NA (1463 posts) -

@jdc6305: they hate our phones lol sure about that?

#21 Posted by jdc6305 (4081 posts) -

@notorious1234na said:

@jdc6305: they hate our phones lol sure about that?

Over a billion cell phones in the world and not one of them was made in the US. The Chinese like American made products. Thats why I mentioned cars and furniture. They think American made products are high quality. American companies have their phones made in China as is the Xbox. Xbox is made by Chinese slaves in Foxconn factories so are apple products.

#22 Edited by Notorious1234NA (1463 posts) -

@jdc6305: that comment ws to shed light on how China shat on ios and picked Android cuz HTC aws cheaeper than iphone. This was years ago, but nonetheless yeah the preferred phone overseas is Android.

#23 Edited by darktruth007 (533 posts) -

This topic is pure nonsense. One guy rambling on a youtube video doesn't prove anything and could not possibly validate a claim such as this. Furthermore the platform in question has not even been released in China yet. There is precisely zero information out there to back up this claim. If anything the lifting of the ban on consoles proves that the country at large wants consoles such as these to be let into the country.

Furthermore it is ridiculous to say that the population of an entire country could come to a consensus on anything. You can't even correctly state that a country such as Japan hates the xbox 360 - because the vast majority of people who don't own one are going about their lives and could not give two sh*ts about it one way or the other. This topic is an absolute joke.

#24 Posted by Star0 (451 posts) -

@darktruth007 said:

This topic is pure nonsense. One guy rambling on a youtube video doesn't prove anything and could not possible validate a claim such as this. Furthermore the platform in question has not even been released in China yet. There is precisely zero information out there to back up this claim. If anything the lifting of the ban on consoles proves that the country at large wants consoles such as these to be let into the country.

Furthermore it is ridiculous to say that the population of an entire country could come to a consensus on anything. You can't even correctly state that a country such as Japan hates the xbox 360 - because the vast majority of people who don't own one are going about their lives and could not give two sh*ts about it one way or the other. This topic is an absolute joke.

...because I'm too lazy to type all that.

/thread.

#25 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19022 posts) -

@mgools

Yeah mate this is the same Company that wrote off the entire African Continent during its initial Xbox One Launch Policy... I said it many times before.... People outside the US just don't like Microsoft.... Infact we do have better options. PC ! :)

#26 Posted by mgools (1052 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@mgools

Yeah mate this is the same Company that wrote off the entire African Continent during its initial Xbox One Launch Policy... I said it many times before.... People outside the US just don't like Microsoft.... Infact we do have better options. PC ! :)

With a PC are you still not supporting that company you seem to hate so much? I assume you are using Windows if you are using your PC for gaming.

#27 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19022 posts) -

@mgools

I actually don't have a PC anymore... Yet. But I will and any game not native to Linux, I'l just use WinE.

#28 Posted by Archangel3371 (16445 posts) -

Oh well, their loss.