Character-wise, who is the best: Altair, Ezio, Connor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AlisaGushchin (0 posts) -
IMHO Altair: Always-serious (but manages to be a badass about it), arrogant (when it comes to his superiority complex), and overconfidence over wisdom (when reflecting on his gnostic atheism). But baddass, nonetheless. Ezio: Ladies man (one of the best qualities of any character), charismatic (in his youth, up to even middle-aged), and hott (of course when the hood is off lol). We know about him the most though. Connor: Sense of justice (fighting not because he had no choice in the matter, like Altair; or because of his driving quest for revenge before caring about the people, like Ezio), courage (non-hesitant to protect the people & fight their oppressors), also hott (omg). There's still alot left of his life we have yet to see, I can't wait ^^
#2 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Altair is a badass stoic character 

Auditore was a badass ladies man character.

Connor was just sh!t. Nothing really to him. Not his fault, series stagnated after Brotherhood.

#3 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

I think Ezio is the best character in the series by far, but I like Altair as a legendary figure for the later games, and it makes replaying the first game that much better. Not a fan of Conner at all.

#4 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2912 posts) -
The last time I remember recapping them in my gaming room, was that both Ezio and Altair were legendary assassins,and I don't know much about Connor. In conclusion... Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad = Ezio Auditore da Firenze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Connor
#5 Posted by marcheegsr (2917 posts) -

Ezio. It's not even close.

#6 Posted by Danyawesomsauce (105 posts) -

Connor is my favorite. He seems to fight not just for the Brotherhood, but his own reasons as well.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73035 posts) -
Ezio, but Altair's sacrifice in Revelations was awesome
#8 Posted by gameme199 (13 posts) -

Altair :3 
just because it means the flyer  

#9 Posted by Jacanuk (5045 posts) -
[QUOTE="AlisaGushchin"]IMHO Altair: Always-serious (but manages to be a badass about it), arrogant (when it comes to his superiority complex), and overconfidence over wisdom (when reflecting on his gnostic atheism). But baddass, nonetheless. Ezio: Ladies man (one of the best qualities of any character), charismatic (in his youth, up to even middle-aged), and hott (of course when the hood is off lol). We know about him the most though. Connor: Sense of justice (fighting not because he had no choice in the matter, like Altair; or because of his driving quest for revenge before caring about the people, like Ezio), courage (non-hesitant to protect the people & fight their oppressors), also hott (omg). There's still alot left of his life we have yet to see, I can't wait ^^

Altair ---> Ezio And i wont even rate Connor as that character is not even worth mentioning like the game it was just bad.
#10 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
None of the three are tolerable.
#11 Posted by MasterTankallex (94 posts) -

I prefer Altair, hands down.

#12 Posted by luno-gamer (405 posts) -

I'ma have to go with Altair. Ezio is close. But, naturally, I see him more as a premature, idolized version of Altair. Connor... Well, he's just kinda there.

#13 Posted by Ish_basic (4040 posts) -

You actually see Ezio grow from an immature womanizer into a master assassin training other assassins. The character development of Ezio is miles ahead of Altair's and Connor. Also, Atair didn't even really have a personality in AC. But still, I'd put him in second because Connor is a such a twerp.

#14 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

You actually see Ezio grow from an immature womanizer into a master assassin training other assassins. The character development of Ezio is miles ahead of Altair's and Connor. Also, Atair didn't even really have a personality in AC. But still, I'd put him in second because Connor is a such a twerp.

Ish_basic
Agreed
#15 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

Ezio, but that's because he had triple the game exposure than the other two.

#16 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

Altair :3 
just because it means the flyer  

gameme199

Altair is Arabic for bird, not 'the flyer'. It's also the name of the of the brightest star in the Aquila constellation (Aquilla meaning Eagle)

#17 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16843 posts) -

Ezio. Altair waspure cardboard in the first game and Connor came off as way too narrowminded.

#18 Posted by ristactionjakso (5801 posts) -

Kratos lol.

#19 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Ezio and it isn't even a competition. 

#20 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -
Ezio all the way.
#21 Posted by Bardock47 (5338 posts) -

Ezio, his development as a charecter was brilliant!

Then Altair, persoanlly I like Altair better; however in the games he really came off flat. But the lore, and journal entries along with the pockets of prsoanlity in AC1 really shows a great charecter.

Conner, I dont hate him like you all seem to; but I never really resonated and iirc (been a while since AC3) he was really simple minded; he was educated and had this rich heritage but yet was soley after his revenge and never really looked at the grander picture. I find it interesting, because his brashness is very much agasint the kind of people that Ezio and Altair eventually became. He had his moments, like his brutal truth and honesty when it came to alot of the more questionable things about the revolution.

I really think the mistake they made was they never showed him growing in the sense seeing the big picture, being more reserved. Compare him to Ezio, Ezio was dealt a tragedy, yet he was not as brash. Its an interesting difference. I honestly do not know what to think of Conner, I like him yet I feel like he could have been much more, brashness and all.

#22 Posted by immortality20 (7958 posts) -

Ezio by a landslide, followed by Connor and Altair. I hated the first AC.

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73035 posts) -

immortality20
The first AC had its issues but it still had a great story
#24 Posted by luno-gamer (405 posts) -

I hated the first AC.

immortality20
There's something you don't hear very often lol :P
#25 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (30 posts) -
I do not have a favorite out of the three.
#26 Posted by Jacanuk (5045 posts) -

immortality20
Strange. Usually people always mention the first as the best.. did you come into the series at 2?
#27 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

The first game is a classic, great game. 

AC 2 is better though.