Capcom not making sequels to games making under 2 million

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MedaFaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 MedaFaded
Member since 2014 • 274 Posts

Obviously there are no guarantees, but I believe a HD remake of Mega Man legend 1, 2. or if they never cancelled mega man legends 3 they could easily make 2 million on that.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#52 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@wiouds said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@wiouds said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@wiouds: The budget for any of those games are anything near compared to COD, Destiny, FIFA, Madden, Watch Dogs, Diablo, etc. They are indeed AA games...

@sSubZerOo: Hell look at Tomb Raider, sold like 5 million, that wasn't enough...

Have you seen the Falling Skies game? That is a AA game.

Lords of Fallen, Bound By Flame, Saints Row, hell even WWE 2k was an AA game for years mate

I find that Saints Row 2+ is too good to be called a AA games. Then what would you call the Falling Skies game?

A game isn't an AA just because it's "too good" as you call it. It's because of the budget. It has nothing to do with how good the game is

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

lol, hopefully we will see some new ip's then

btw , 2m isnt too much, SE was disappointed by 3.5M sales of TR and to be honest a AAA game needs to sell 2+m for making some profit

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

They should suck it up and make a sequel to Dragon's Dogma.... maybe make the dragon look a little less lame this time around.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@pyro1245

The beasts were fine..... They just have to work on Balancing the whole thing so it doesn't become a tedious grind. Oh and get rid of those arbitrary limitations.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Most companies do this already. So?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@wiouds said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@wiouds said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@wiouds: The budget for any of those games are anything near compared to COD, Destiny, FIFA, Madden, Watch Dogs, Diablo, etc. They are indeed AA games...

@sSubZerOo: Hell look at Tomb Raider, sold like 5 million, that wasn't enough...

Have you seen the Falling Skies game? That is a AA game.

Lords of Fallen, Bound By Flame, Saints Row, hell even WWE 2k was an AA game for years mate

I find that Saints Row 2+ is too good to be called a AA games. Then what would you call the Falling Skies game?

A game isn't an AA just because it's "too good" as you call it. It's because of the budget. It has nothing to do with how good the game is

For me I look at what the game does and how good the game does that. You can have a $1 billion for a budget and if you give a side scroller then you are not getting a rating of AA.