Canadian NPD numbers for November 2007

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Yep. We play video games up here in Canada too. :)

Yep. That's Super Mario Galaxy in first place. Call of Duty 4 also did well, earning third and eighth place. Assassin's Creed is in fourth and ninth place. And unfortunately Wii Play continues to stick around in fifth place.

CANADIAN GAME HARDWARE SALES, NOVEMBER 2007
Nintendo DS - 120,000
Nintendo Wii - 82,000
Xbox 360 - 59,000
PlayStation 3 - 51,000
PlayStation Portable - 33,000
PlayStation 2 - 30,000

TOP 10 GAME SOFTWARE TITLES, NOVEMBER 2007
1) Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - Nintendo - 94,000
2) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock W/Guitar (PS2) - Activision - 82,000
3) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (X360) - Activision - 78,000
4) Assassin's Creed (X360) - Ubisoft - 60,000
5) Wii Play W/Remote (Wii) - Nintendo - 51,000
6) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock W/ Wireless Guitar (X360) - Activision - 32,000
7) Mass Effect (X360) - Microsoft - 30,000
8) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3) - Activision - 30,000
9) Assassin's Creed (PS3) - Ubisoft - 26,000
10) Halo 3 (X360) - Microsoft - 26,000

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
Interesting how much weaker the PSP sales are in Canada. Maybe that's to be expected given how little shelf space I see the PSP get at retailers around here. Compared to the DS, anyway.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
That is interesting to see the PS3 close to the 360, and outselling the PS2/PSP.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I'm just amazed at the DS. It's the best selling system everywhere and not just selling a little bit more, but it's blowing away the competition.

Let me tell you how awesome the DS is. My brother who was a stubborn rock that didn't care about the DS finally bought one and loves it. He plays it all the time. If my brother can love it than anyone can.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rragnaar

I'm just amazed at the DS. It's the best selling system everywhere and not just selling a little bit more, but it's blowing away the competition.

Let me tell you how awesome the DS is. My brother who was a stubborn rock that didn't care about the DS finally bought one and loves it. He plays it all the time. If my brother can love it than anyone can.

ASK_Story

Sadly I'm in the early stages of getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and the DS is the one system I can't play. I love it, and I miss all the great games I played on it, and all the ones I've missed since, but it made my hands cramp up with pain whenever I used it. I've bought three of them, one fat one, and two DS lites, hoping each time that it would be better. I don't blame Nintendo for making a system that I can't play, but I am bummed that I can't play it.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oilers99
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

rragnaar

Sadly I'm in the early stages of getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and the DS is the one system I can't play. I love it, and I miss all the great games I played on it, and all the ones I've missed since, but it made my hands cramp up with pain whenever I used it. I've bought three of them, one fat one, and two DS lites, hoping each time that it would be better. I don't blame Nintendo for making a system that I can't play, but I am bummed that I can't play it.

What was causing your hand cramps? Was it the stylus, or simply the layout of the buttons/D-pad on the system?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Oilers99

What was causing your hand cramps? Was it the stylus, or simply the layout of the buttons/D-pad on the system?

The stylus never bothered me, but the buttons always caused my right hand to cramp up really bad.  Eventually I'll get surgery to take care of the whole deal, but I'm hoping to put that off for a while.  I'm certainly not going to get an operation just so that I can play the DS.  :D
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="Oilers99"][QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

rragnaar

The stylus never bothered me, but the buttons always caused my right hand to cramp up really bad. Eventually I'll get surgery to take care of the whole deal, but I'm hoping to put that off for a while. I'm certainly not going to get an operation just so that I can play the DS. :D

Yeah, I have some cramps in my hands as well. It was during the time when I got a XBOX and PS2 and all I did was nothing but play games like Ninja Gaiden, Halo 2, a bunch of RPGs, etc.

I mellowed out a bit but it does come back. But I can't stop playing PC games lately. The mouse is the carpal's worst enemy and I'm addicted to Diablo II. My right shoulder is tingling from the pain, not good.

So I guess we just got to take it in moderation and be careful.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
Take games in moderation? Not gonna happen. :)
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rragnaar
Take games in moderation? Not gonna happen. :)LordAndrew

Exactly... I'm not slowing down any time soon.  They'll have to pry the controller from my cramped up hands.
Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oilers99

I'm certainly not going to get an operation just so that I can play the DS. :Drragnaar

That my gut reaction was "why not?" goes to show that I really ought to go rethink my life. :P

SKHuskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SKHuskie
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
Pretty good PS3 sales! Also Canada kicks ass.8)
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]I'm certainly not going to get an operation just so that I can play the DS. :DOilers99

That my gut reaction was "why not?" goes to show that I really ought to go rethink my life. :P

:lol:  I could probably buy all of the GGD regulars a DS with the money it would cost me to be able to play it again... 
armouredpriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 armouredpriest
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts

Did you try something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Lite-Swing-out-Grip-Case/dp/B000IOGZ8O

masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
The DS is a monster
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Yeah, I'm still absolutely amazed at the rate the DS is selling. I own a DSL and a PSP and I just can't see why ppl think the DS really has the better games. Both systems have a good amount of satisfying games. True, it's easier to play DS in a start and stop way on the move, but that's equalized by the graphics and the storage of the PSP. As for the controls, sure, Phantom Hourglass proved that touchscreen can offer a better experience even with traditional (non-Training) games, but it doesn't work all the time. I'm tempted to say that momentum is the most influential force in the games market.