Can you name some games that are not worth paying full price for?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sundayismyDAD
Member since 2008 • 438 Posts

I am not a fan of Call of duty so I never pay full price for any of them. I also do not like Saint's Row very much, so I did not buy the game when it was originally released. I instead waited for the game to drop down to 30/40 dollars and caught it on a 75% off sale.

I know that the only benefit of paying full price for any games these days is the multiplayer. Once another title is released most people, if not everyone will stop playing the game and start playing the newer game. If you get it while it is still fresh and new, you will have no problem with finding someone to play against in a deathmatch or something similar.

A few games that I regret paying full price for are Uncharted 3, Final Fantasy 13, and Tekken 6.

Uncharted 3, As I remember was not quite as good as Uncharted 2 and the game seemed to have a repetitive story and somewhat stupid. The Sully parts were extremely well done but the Elena and Drake parts were simply a repeat of the previous game (Breaking Up and then meeting up again). Every object that Drake climbs seems to break, causing him to have to climb back up.

Final Fantasy 13 was, just as everyone remembers, a big let down for anyone who was a fan of Final Fantasy. Bland Characters, Incoherent Story and Boring Gameplay.

Tekken 6 Was probably the least Annoying one of the three. It felt different, but my only complaint was the changing of Yoshimitsu's Abilities and the Horrible Tekken force Mode. I also hated the new main character, But this does not qualify much as a compaint because it is a fighting game and all of my favorite characters are still there.

I bought Heavy Rain at 39.99, Metal Gear Solid 4 at 49.99, and Uncharted 2 at 39.99 and they seemed to be very good games and I actually would have bought them all at full price had I had the money to do so.

I even bought Battlefield: Bad Company at 19.99 and I thought that the price was well worth it. The game was funny and I would have probably paid a little more for it.

I Still have not found the money or the strength to buy other games that I am not sure of. Those games are often games that have a large fanbase and fared well with the critics but I am still not sure if I want to invest my money into those things because some information I may not agree with. Some people have told me before that if I like RPGs, I should play Dragon Age. Played it. Hated it.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Meh, why'd you dislike Dragon Age?

Anyway given how picky you are (FF13 and Uncharted 3, whaaat) you'd probably stay far far far far

far away from anything just about anything in involvement with the NISA company. (Cross Edge for example). Trashy and cheap jrpgs at its worst.

iDefinition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 iDefinition
Member since 2009 • 388 Posts
Any game.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Terrible picks man
sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sundayismyDAD
Terrible picks manGranny_Spanked
I just don't like to be let down by a franchise that I knew and loved previously. Notice that none of those games were the beginning of a franchise.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Most of them
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Remember me

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Dozens, that's why I never payed over $50 for a single game.  

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#9 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts

I might phrase this another way, which games would you pay full price for.

I actually shell out the full $60 for Madden and FIFA year in and year out, because even if they make only marginal improvements, I still manage to get dozens if not hundreds of hours of entertainment out of those titles. Of course, I'll typically sell them on eBay for like $30, so really I'm only paying $30 net for the amount I play.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Bayonetta Just bought it 3 days ago at a local used games store for $7... I wasted my damn money. I played 5 minutes and turned it off.
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spartan_N7

I might phrase this another way, which games would you pay full price for.

I actually shell out the full $60 for Madden and FIFA year in and year out, because even if they make only marginal improvements, I still manage to get dozens if not hundreds of hours of entertainment out of those titles. Of course, I'll typically sell them on eBay for like $30, so really I'm only paying $30 net for the amount I play.

masterpinky2000
Thats easy. Battlefield 3 Skyrim Mass Effect series Fable series Grand Theft Auto Red Dead Redemption
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Remember me

marcheegsr

is it really that bad.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Bayonetta Just bought it 3 days ago at a local used games store for $7... I wasted my damn money. I played 5 minutes and turned it off. Spartan_N7

The game is fantastic though. Easily one of the best action games around.

kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts
Dragon age 2, Crysis 3(campaign wise) and any PES game (all they do is update the roster and add some tiny features. Overall gameplay hasn't changed) for me.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I am not a fan of Call of duty so I never pay full price for any of them. I also do not like Saint's Row very much, so I did not buy the game when it was originally released. I instead waited for the game to drop down to 30/40 dollars and caught it on a 75% off sale.

sundayismyDAD

So you don't like the games but you still buy them?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

Remember me

sukraj

is it really that bad.

It is not horrible, its just not worth 60 for me.

Its a little too short and no multiplayer. I would say it will drop down to $40 soon.

Games that are worth 60 to me are ones that will keep me playing for months.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#17 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Uncharted 3 somewhat stupid - What?!

You didn't like Saints Row very much but still purchased it?!

I think you can make your own mind up.

sundayismyDAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sundayismyDAD

Uncharted 3 somewhat stupid - What?!

You didn't like Saints Row very much but still purchased it?!

I think you can make your own mind up.

Venom_Raptor
I did not like Saint's Row 2 but was hoping that 3 was better. Still unsure, I was only willing to buy the game at 75% off.
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spartan_N7

[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"]Bayonetta Just bought it 3 days ago at a local used games store for $7... I wasted my damn money. I played 5 minutes and turned it off. Pffrbt

The game is fantastic though. Easily one of the best action games around.

Im not really big on games like that. The only game I like of that type is God of War. Never could get into Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or anything like that.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#20 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

99.95% of them today. I can name maybe a dozen that I would pay full price for.