Burnout Paradise Demo Coming 12/13!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Shack News is reporting that the PS3 and 360 are getting a demo for Burnout Paradise next week!

I'm pretty hyped for this game... who doesn't love a good Burnout game? Lame people, that's who.

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
I hope so. I'm not a driving game fan but the Burnout games are just good fun
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
Cool. Its good to see Criterion/EA have faith in the game. I am a little worried about the free-roaming aspect of Burnout (what I love about Burnout is its intensity) but soon enough I'll be able to judge for myself.
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Nice! I'm looking forward to this game.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Cool. Its good to see Criterion/EA have faith in the game. I am a little worried about the free-roaming aspect of Burnout (what I love about Burnout is its intensity) but soon enough I'll be able to judge for myself.CarnageHeart

My thoughts exactly, honestly I'm a lot more excited about Midnight Club: La,it looks like has Burnout style gameplay but offers the depth of Midnight Club games...PLus Dub Edition was probably my favorite racer of all time.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rragnaar

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]Cool. Its good to see Criterion/EA have faith in the game. I am a little worried about the free-roaming aspect of Burnout (what I love about Burnout is its intensity) but soon enough I'll be able to judge for myself.HiResDes

My thoughts exactly, honestly I'm a lot more excited about Midnight Club: La,it looks like has Burnout style gameplay but offers the depth of Midnight Club games...PLus Dub Edition was probably my favorite racer of all time.

Midnight Club LA will definitely rock Burnout's face off, but I've got room for both on my shelf. I love it when dev studios compete for my money, except for when I end up buying both games.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

Shack News is reporting that the PS3 and 360 are getting a demo for Burnout Paradise next week!

I'm pretty hyped for this game... who doesn't love a good Burnout game? Lame people, that's who.

dvader654

Sweet, loved Burnout 3. Hopefully the DMC4 demo hits this month too, would make it a great month of demos.

Really? There is a chance a DMC4 demo may get released this month? Awesome on both counts then. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed the spectacular crashes of Burnout so I'm itching to get back at it and I'm really looking forward to DMC4 so a demo will certainly help pass the time.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts
This'll be cool. Besides it being a true next-gen Burnout, I can download the demos for both and see which one I like the best.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]

Archangel3371

Sweet, loved Burnout 3. Hopefully the DMC4 demo hits this month too, would make it a great month of demos.

Really? There is a chance a DMC4 demo may get released this month? Awesome on both counts then. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed the spectacular crashes of Burnout so I'm itching to get back at it and I'm really looking forward to DMC4 so a demo will certainly help pass the time.

After seeing some recent gameplay vids of DMC4 I'm a little skeptical about the game, I think it will be great, but I no longer feel it will be a GOTY contender...I thought the game was going to have more open spaces, and return to the level design of the original, but it seems thatthose gorgeous backgrounds are just for looking and the spaces seem as enclosed as that of DMC2. I'm kind of bummed that Dante isn't receiving any real updates either, as I don't really think I've warmed up completely to Nero.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

I can't even begin to tell you just how indifferent I am towards this game. I absolutely loved Takedown, but Revenge was so stupid, tedious, and boring - that is possibly killed all my enthusiasm about the series. So far, I haven't seen anything particularly exciting about Paradise. What's with that name, anyway? It's not a game about flying pink ponies prancing around colorful rainbows, it's intense road carnage! It should've been called Burnout: The Fires of Hell Await, or something.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rragnaar

I can't even begin to tell you just how indifferent I am towards this game. I absolutely loved Takedown, but Revenge was so stupid, tedious, and boring - that is possibly killed all my enthusiasm about the series. So far, I haven't seen anything particularly exciting about Paradise. What's with that name, anyway? It's not a game about flying pink ponies prancing around colorful rainbows, it's intense road carnage! It should've been called Burnout: The Fires of Hell Await, or something.

UpInFlames

Well the ponies don't fly in Burnout, but otherwise, you actually hit it right on the head. Here is one of the shots from the latest build in the game:
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

:lol: Dude! So awesome!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rragnaar
IGN got some hands on time with the demo and wrote up some impressions.

"The demo will be playable online, though we aren't able to hop on just yet as the game tells us that the servers aren't up. Still, you'll be able to join in with your friends and start a Freeburn Online session. Freeburn sessions are where you'll be able to partake in specially designed stunt sessions and the like, but as we can't hop online yet we haven't been able to test them out.

While the demo for Burnout Paradise really only contains three events, there's enough space to drive through and ramps and such to find that it'll entertain you for a good while. And of course, the online possibilities sound like they'll extend its play length even further. Look for the demo to hit the PS3 and 360 online networks on December 13th."

That is sweet that the demo has online!
Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

I didn't like Burnout: Revenge,I hated that being able to bull your way through traffic made it WAY too easy.

Takedown also had a better soundtrack, but now that it'll be for the 360, I'll have my own music.

earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts

This'll be cool. Besides it being a true next-gen Burnout, I can download the demos for both and see which one I like the best. Shame-usBlackley

Sounds like a good plan. I've been wanting Burn out Paradise fora while now. I guell I'll do the same to see which is the better version.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
I don't like racing games generally, but I actually liked Burnout 3. I'll be sure to check out the demo when its available.
stjimmy222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 stjimmy222
Member since 2007 • 288 Posts
Love Burnout! Bring It On! Woo!
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

:lol: Dude! So awesome!

UpInFlames

Is that pony unlockable?

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shame-usBlackley

Is that pony unlockable?

SteelAttack

Unlockable? Man, that's so nineties!

The pony will be available exclusively through downloadable content. Buy the Pony Pack for only 600 points!

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rragnaar
[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]

Is that pony unlockable?

Shame-usBlackley

Unlockable? Man, that's so nineties!

The pony will be available exclusively through downloadable content. Buy the Pony Pack for only 600 points!

The rainbow is sold separately with the 'Sonny and Cher Song Pack' which retails at the low price of 800 MS points.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

This'll be cool. Besides it being a true next-gen Burnout, I can download the demos for both and see which one I like the best. Shame-usBlackley

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm torn on which version to get. A part of me wants to get the 360 version for achievements and the online aspects while the PS3 version is supposed to run smoother and looks a lot better.

Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shame-usBlackley

The rainbow is sold separately with the 'Sonny and Cher Song Pack' which retails at the low price of 800 MS points.rragnaar

Does it come with the Lucky Charms leprechaun? Cause I'll totally buy that if it does.*

* = Not really.

EDIT: Or maybe it'll be free, but it won't just be any rainbow, but a Skittles-sponsored rainbow. "Taste the rainbow!"

EDIT 2: Actually, I should shut up. Someone at EA is probably looking at this stuff and thinking what a great idea that is.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]The rainbow is sold separately with the 'Sonny and Cher Song Pack' which retails at the low price of 800 MS points.Shame-usBlackley

Does it come with the Lucky Charms leprechaun? Cause I'll totally buy that if it does.*

* = Not really.

He's actually in the game for free as part of EA's new in game advertising push. He will hit you up on your in-game Blackberry to give you the newest tips on where to find the races. They've urbanized the character to give him that 'street' feel that the kids love. He will be going by the handle 'Lucky C'.
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shame-usBlackley

He's actually in the game for free as part of EA's new in game advertising push. He will hit you up on your in-game Blackberry to give you the newest tips on where to find the races. They've urbanized the character to him him that 'street' feel that the kids love. He will be going by the handle 'Lucky C'.rragnaar

Oh, Jesus.....:lol:

"They're magically delicious, dawg!"

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rragnaar

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]He's actually in the game for free as part of EA's new in game advertising push. He will hit you up on your in-game Blackberry to give you the newest tips on where to find the races. They've urbanized the character to himhim that 'street' feel that the kids love. He will be going by the handle 'Lucky C'.Shame-usBlackley

Oh, Jesus.....:lol:

"They're magically delicious, dawg!"

"Chase that rainbow MOTHA****!"

edit: I really need to read my posts before I submit them... that should have read "They've urbanized the character to give him that 'street' feel...

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
:lol: EA is watching, guys.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I didn't like Burnout: Revenge,I hated that being able to bull your way through traffic made it WAY too easy.

Stavr0s

Yeah, it was weird how same way traffic was knocked around like empty aluminum cans but opposing traffic was as deadly as ever.

Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
He will be going by the handle 'Lucky C'.rragnaar
:lol: I seriously can't stop laughing man.