Built a new PC and need suggestions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GuerillaTaktics
GuerillaTaktics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GuerillaTaktics
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

Hey guys I built a new gaming PC yesterday, top of the line motherboard i7 skylake 6700K 16gb DDR4 RAM and one of those new 10 series nvidias and I am trying to find a very graphics intensive shooter to challenge it. Anyone have any suggestions? I saw gamespot had a list, I tried some of those out but after optimizing metro last light which was one of the ones on their list (went with that first, dual metro redux is 7 bucks with the steam summer sale on right now) my PC barely broke a sweat I was getting around 160-180 fps. Looking for mainly shooters but any recommendation would be cool with me, I know GTA V and all but I played that to death on ps4 so I'm not sure if I want to spend the money to revisit that one the PC itself already put a pretty big hurting on my wallet.

Thanks!

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break should push your system.

Both are third person shooters.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

D00M.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

What resolution are you playing at? because no game will push your system if you play at 1080p. Like the person above me says though, get Doom simply because it's awesome and it looks great too. I can max that game at 4k with a single 980ti and get between 45 and 60fps, although I play at 1440p as I want a solid 60fps. The card doesn't break a sweat.

Mordant221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Mordant221
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

Probably Arma 3, but even then you will barely be pushing your 1070 or 1080 (if you are playing at 1080p or 1440p). If you do wanna push your PC to its limits, try any of the games mentioned so far in 4k.

As much as the master race likes to brag about being able to play in 4k, many actually don't cause it's considered unplayable. The sweet spot is 1440p, with competitive players sticking with 1080p to get those ridiculous frame rates.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

1440 really is the sweet spot. 4k is nice because you don't need aa so much (even at 1440, I usually run minimal aa).

These cards are really beastly...I'm still on 980 ti's. Don't get games for graphics...just get good games. The graphics will be there. BTW: if you don't have one, consider a 144hz panel. It makes more of a difference than resolution. If you can get gsync, I'd suggest that as a great pick too. It really smooths things out on any games that may want to dip into the 30's/40's. Which shouldn't happen much with your cards anyway. But no screen tearing/lag is too good to be true. I'll never go back.