Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter...a unique and original JRPG that no one played...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

This is another RPG I found along with Phantasy Star Universe for dirt cheap, about $5. I always liked the Breath of Fire series. I'm currently playing IV but I always wanted to try Dragon Quarter.

I had no idea what to expect, but from what I've played so far, it really is different from the other ones, even different from most standard JRPGs.I'm not really far into it but it's really cool. I really like the underground premise and how everything takes place in a underground city. There are no forests, no deserts, or no rainbow colored cities, but it's always in a dark, confineddungeoun-like lair that is futuristic with subways, elevators, etc.

I think the whole objective is to escape the city so pleasedon't spoil anything for me. :P

But to those who played, it really is a uniqueJRPG.

N3MO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 N3MO
Member since 2002 • 20333 Posts
The save system killed it for me. Limiting how much and often you can save in an RPG is hands down one of thebrain bogglingdesign choicesI ever experienced.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44150 Posts

The save system killed it for me. Limiting how much and often you can save in an RPG is hands down one of thebrain bogglingdesign choicesI ever experienced.N3MO

Same here. I love the Breath of Fire series and I tried and tried to get into this game but this one just left me totally frustrated and disappointed to where I just totally gave up on it. I'm really hoping they decide to make a sixth game though.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

The save system killed it for me. Limiting how much and often you can save in an RPG is hands down one of thebrain bogglingdesign choicesI ever experienced.N3MO

Funny you mentioned that because I ran into that problem while playing this last night. After I collected a bunch of loot and killed monsters for EXP, I tried to save but couldn't. So that made me quit for the night. But this was my first time running into that, but I can see how running into frequently will kill the fun.

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts
The save system did it for me as well. I would like to play another Breath of Fire game, but not like they did for Dragon Quarter.