Bound By Flame! Is it really that bad?

#1 Edited by Mesomorphin (879 posts) -

Hey guys, so I've been eyeballing this game for a few months now, and I've got to say I'am really interested in trying it out, Iove concept of story and the enemy designs remind me alot of Dark Souls. However all I've been hearing lately is really negative stuff like, voice acting suck! and the story is bland, and the gameplay and combat is purely tedious! So I want to get your thoughts on the game (please only shed information, if you personally have actually played it) Thanks guys!

I would also like to point out, The amazing spiderman 2 was a game that came out recently, that received really bad reviews, and hell I loved it! so maybe I'am more tolerant than most gamers.

#2 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3398 posts) -

Yeah it is.

It is worse than bad.

#3 Edited by Jacanuk (6047 posts) -

Yes it is, its a absolute terrible game who never really comes to anything and i feel sorry for the people who bought it.

#4 Posted by marcheegsr (3018 posts) -

I can honestly see this game becoming a free ps plus game for ps4 in the future.

#5 Edited by SovietsUnited (2381 posts) -

It's playable on easy, otherwise the combat pretty much ruins it. But still, "edgy" and sub-par throughout

#6 Posted by toughtrasher (268 posts) -

Oh dear goodness, did you see the trailer lol. I could already tell it was a game with shaky combat.
Did anyone really expect anything out of this game?

#7 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4325 posts) -

@mesomorphin: I don't have very extensive experience with the game, but I rented it and got about 3 hours in. That was enough for me to decide to buy it. Some parts are rough around the edges and the combat is hard, but rewarding if you stay on top of crafting and use your traps and crossbow when necessary.

I'd give it a chance and at least rent it. It's a pretty awesome game imo.

#8 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (749 posts) -

Graphics are funky, maybe it's the lighting. Voice acting is lol, story is *facepalm. I couldn't get past all that to get into the gameplay.

#9 Edited by rrjim1 (973 posts) -

I purchased the PS4 version and the graphics are not that great for 1080p, lighting it terrible. After you learn how to play it's an OK game. I have about 6 hours into it so far and IMO it's getting a little better. I'm going to keep going and try to finish it.

#10 Posted by Mesomorphin (879 posts) -

Look, I pretty torelent when it comes to games, graphics, story and even voice acting arent that big of deal for me, so long as the combat is fun or atleast rewarding I'am down with that, But I sure as hell aint paying full retail for this game.

#11 Edited by faizanhd (555 posts) -

Its kinda like someone forgot to finish the game. It has real potential. But probably needed more time and care that the devs couldn't afford.

#12 Posted by Ballroompirate (23927 posts) -

It got a 7 over at IGN and GI gave it an 8. Seems like it's a hit or miss title.

#13 Edited by The_Stand_In (463 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

Look, I pretty torelent when it comes to games, graphics, story and even voice acting arent that big of deal for me, so long as the combat is fun or atleast rewarding I'am down with that, But I sure as hell aint paying full retail for this game.

It's not a full retail game though.... It's only $40.

As for the game, It's definitely flawed, but it's still pretty fun if you stick with it and learn its combat quirks. It starts off kind of bad, but gets better as it goes on (from what I've played). It reminds me a lot of Divinity 2.

If you own a console, I'd at least rent it. If you want to play it on PC, I'd probably wait for a sale/price drop. If you have nothing to play though, go ahead and just buy it. You will get your $40 worth of gameplay out of it, even if it isn't the best game ever made.

#14 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

I have not heard great things about it.