Borderlands 2 isn't that difficult.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

When Borderlands 2 released, a lot of people complained about it's difficulty saying it's hard for solo play in gamespot forums.

Well, I'm playing as Zero and am having zero problems with difficulty. I mean I have died a few times, but the game isn't overwhelming by any means. I don't use slag weapons either. It's slightly more difficult than the first Borderlands.

So to those of you who think it's a hard game, what exactly is hard about it?

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

1st play through is easy solo (except raid bosses), 2nd and 3rd are much more challenging to solo and the raid bosses are virtually impossible to solo

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

When Borderlands 2 released, a lot of people complained about it's difficulty saying it's hard for solo play in gamespot forums.

Well, I'm playing as Zero and am having zero problems with difficulty. I mean I have died a few times, but the game isn't overwhelming by any means. I don't use slag weapons either. It's slightly more difficult than the first Borderlands.

i was dying so much that i hated it. then i got a bunch of shift codes off ign and it was easy peasy. what a shame they only give you awesome loot/guns if you use a shift code. silly for a game that is supposed to be about awesome loot.

ps - i bought singularity and you were right! that game is BADASS!

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ristactionjakso

@buccomatic said:

@ristactionjakso said:

i was dying so much that i hated it. then i got a bunch of shift codes off ign and it was easy peasy. what a shame they only give you awesome loot/guns if you use a shift code. silly for a game that is supposed to be about awesome loot.

ps - i bought singularity and you were right! that game is BADASS!

I dont have any shift codes, and have awesome guns, grenade mods, shields ect. Tho I wish I could find a better shotgun. I find that money is an abundance and I can buy anything at any time.

Singularity is one of the most underrated/under appreciated games of this gen. I could easily give it a 8/10. Would be a 10/10 if it didn't get easier towards the end. The atmosphere alone draws you into the game.

But you should check out Binary Domain too if you haven't already.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#5  Edited By IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I don't remember people saying it was difficult by yourself. I remember people saying it was boring, but not difficult.

Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i haven't had any real problems with the game

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I actually just bought Borderlands 2 yesterday for 15 bucks! Was going to make a thread about it but now that were on topic... How good is it? The thing that made me buy it is the rpg elements/looting and shooting. I hope im not put off by the art style.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ristactionjakso

@marcheegsr said:

I actually just bought Borderlands 2 yesterday for 15 bucks! Was going to make a thread about it but now that were on topic... How good is it? The thing that made me buy it is the rpg elements/looting and shooting. I hope im not put off by the art style.

I bought the game of the year edition and am loving it. The art style isnt that bad. Your'e gonna like this claptrop, hes so annoying that its funny lol.

It is what it sets out to be. It's a open world shooter with rpg elements and with a lot of looting. If you like all of those then this game is for you.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Hmmmm. Thats dissapointing !

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I never understood the seeming consensus that BL 2 was harder than the first one. For me, it's not even close. I was barely able to beat sooo many parts solo in the first game. Even Crawmerax could be solo without cheating using the Siren. In BL 2, it took me until the Dust to die for the 2nd time. Yeah the Raid bosses are impossible to solo but other than that the rest of the game is easier.

And to OP, you probably won't find a good shotgun. They nerfed most of the shotguns compared to the first game. The only ones worth using are the Torgue and Hyperion ones if you can get good ones.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im about to play through it on solo. I hope I don't run into any difficulty.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No,it's just boring.

Some bosses are impossible to solo though.

b4il

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 b4il
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

first playthough (campaign and dlc until i hit lvl 50) was pretty "normal" difficulty, but after the upgrade to lvl up to 61 i quit the game... i couldn't find any weapon to be strong enough, even with all the secret keys i found on the internet. there's a whole conspiracy going on in forums wether the developers have taken out the legendary etc. weapons so people buy the premium edition.

well i don't know about that but since i didn't find ANY good weapon since lvl 51+ i lost interest. i'll be back when borderlands 3 comes out

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ristactionjakso

@firefox59 said:

I never understood the seeming consensus that BL 2 was harder than the first one. For me, it's not even close. I was barely able to beat sooo many parts solo in the first game. Even Crawmerax could be solo without cheating using the Siren. In BL 2, it took me until the Dust to die for the 2nd time. Yeah the Raid bosses are impossible to solo but other than that the rest of the game is easier.

And to OP, you probably won't find a good shotgun. They nerfed most of the shotguns compared to the first game. The only ones worth using are the Torgue and Hyperion ones if you can get good ones.

Dude, the shotguns suck balls in this game. I'm on level 17. The best shotgun I have found does 35x7 damage with 15 ammo clip. Sure there was a lot that I found that did more damage, but they only had like 2 or 3 shots until the clip was empty, then i'd have a very slow reload. And what is up with all this "fires 2 shots per shot" crap? I hate that so much. Especially with the electric pistols that have 7 ammo clip, its stupid.

I've found a lot of explosive damage shotguns, but the projectiles are so slow that you dont hit anything, terrible combo for a shotgun.

Shotguns straight up blow nuts in this game.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I hate when people level-grind more than they need to and then complain that a game's too easy. Yeah, because you're a level 35 and the enemies are 30. I always stay underleveled because I'm a hipster and a tough guy.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I remember the Bloodshot Ramparts being a pain in the butt playing solo as Zero. Especially the W4R-D3N fight. Have you been through there yet?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Borderlands 2 was NEVER difficult to begin with. Sure, I've died a couple of times on solo and plenty of times during cooperative play, but it wasn't a frustrating experience in the end. Everything was beatable, so long as you had the right equipment, knew your character well, and devised great strategies for the hardest bosses (especially the raid bosses).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@ drekula2 "I hate when people level-grind more than they

need to and then complain that a game's too easy."

I do this alot ! Like alot alot. And I always complain about it zealosly. My passive aggression on this matter is unrivalled.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu

@ ristactionjakso

Do shotguns (any weapon in general) really need to be that statistically complicated ? In Gears Of War 3 theres only 2 shotguns and you don't need to be a mathematicion to tell the difference between the two. Never really quite understood RPGs, they are before my time.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ristactionjakso

@Lulu_Lulu: Well if you ever played a borderlands game then you know there is over 1,000 variations of each gun. Some are weak, and others are strong. I finally found one that is pretty good.

And you need to keep on finding better weapons cause enemies get harder and harder.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu

@ ristactionjakso

Never played it. You know why ? Because if you've played one Skinner Box then you've played them all. Seriously, they should just drop the "front" and sell'em to ya like the maths exams they really are. You realise knowing something about actuall shotguns will mean absolutely squat in Borderlands. Its so impractical. I'm actually writing an artical about it. Hope somebody reads it one day.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@ristactionjakso said:

@firefox59 said:

Dude, the shotguns suck balls in this game. I'm on level 17. The best shotgun I have found does 35x7 damage with 15 ammo clip. Sure there was a lot that I found that did more damage, but they only had like 2 or 3 shots until the clip was empty, then i'd have a very slow reload. And what is up with all this "fires 2 shots per shot" crap? I hate that so much. Especially with the electric pistols that have 7 ammo clip, its stupid.

I've found a lot of explosive damage shotguns, but the projectiles are so slow that you dont hit anything, terrible combo for a shotgun.

The biggest problem with shotties in BL 2 is the crap accuracy. They try to make up for this by increase the pellet count which is why most shots take up 2 or 3 ammo. The explosives are slow but travel straight if you get a good one and can be used to pepper an area really well. Other than that all of them are useless other than Hyperions cause of the accuracy increase when you fire them. There are some Jacobs that have 100% criticals and those are really good. I had a Jacobs that fired 18 pellets with 100% accuracy and it wrecked everything from medium range and in.

ratchet200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ratchet200
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts

@firefox59 said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@firefox59 said:

The biggest problem with shotties in BL 2 is the crap accuracy. They try to make up for this by increase the pellet count which is why most shots take up 2 or 3 ammo. The explosives are slow but travel straight if you get a good one and can be used to pepper an area really well. Other than that all of them are useless other than Hyperions cause of the accuracy increase when you fire them. There are some Jacobs that have 100% criticals and those are really good. I had a Jacobs that fired 18 pellets with 100% accuracy and it wrecked everything from medium range and in.

Shotguns aren't meant to be accurate. I also don't understand how people fins shotguns crap. If im down and dying, my shotguns the best weapon to use if someone's near me. It also makes quick work of heavier baddies to, instead of putting hundred's of assault rifle or smg ammo into it.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ristactionjakso

@firefox59 said:

@ristactionjakso said:

@firefox59 said:

Ya, I did a mission where i made a murderous robot into a shotgun. The shotgun is a hyperion and is awesome. Accuracy increases while it fires, does 61x7 damage and has around 10 ammo in a clip. Finally a shotgun that is useful, it takes down flying enemies very easily.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

game is a breeze on the 1st and 2nd playthrough. post game on the 2nd and all through the 3rd playthrough is pretty tough.

it's the bad kind of difficulty though, where the enemies are damage sponges and can take your shields down almost instantly.

feared4power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By feared4power
Member since 2008 • 621 Posts

the game is slow and boring feels like an add on of the first borderlands not worth the 60