bloody knuckles... games that hurt

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yyin9564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Yyin9564
Member since 2007 • 2320 Posts

i made a topic like this when i first ariived and it did well so i figured i revive it... the topic is wat games have you played that have cause you actual phsysical pain... like bleeding eye sockets, and blistered thumbs... my list includes:

KOF2008 (Ps2) - playing that game against my firends had me frantically button mashing so hard that i lost seeral layers of skin on my thumbs and was forced to take a gaming hiatus for a while

PSO VI+II (GC) - the constant search for rare weapons had my and my brothers fist fighting atleast once a day... twice in the summer

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES) - played it for so long i actually had to face the giant spider boss with streaming tears and bloodshot eyes

jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
Manhunt 1 & 2 is renowned for its extremely violent gameplay. Also with Hitman series, Silent Hill series and God of War.
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
Mario Party. Oh my God, please don't make me play Tug of War again...the blisters! THE BLISTERS!!!

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
hm probly Mario Kart Double Dash.. holding down that big green A button trying to go faster and faster.. hurts the thumb.
mayormoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 mayormoose
Member since 2007 • 836 Posts
Saints Row, Assissin's Creed, Gears of War.
jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
Oh sorry, I misinterpreted the topic. For me, it would be Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (PS2). Especially for songs in higher difficulty. That would be a strenuous exercise for the hands.
Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

Track & Field on the NES. The mashing in that game was insane.

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts

Guitar Hero for physical pain...Assassins Creed for extreme mental pain and for indulging suicidal thoughts upon the player.

fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

I once sat in my room when I was younger and played The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past for 11 hours. My eyes burned and my fingers were stiff.

Man, what a game! :D

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
DJ MAX Portable & DJMAX Portable 2 for the PSP. I really don't think I have ever played a game that has left my thumbs in such severe physical pain nearly every time I play it, no matter how much I play it. Some of the charts in DJ MAX are so complicated that I have to stop half way and rest for a minute or two before finishing the song.

Guitar Hero's wrist pain is nothing compared to playing through Kuda Hard, Outlaw Hard, White Blue Hard or Nightmare on 6Button.

Mind you, I still haven't found a music game that is as addictive or as fun to play.

Oh yes, lets also not forget Mario Party for the N64... I don't think there is another game (or really anything) in existence that so readily produces blisters on the palms.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Basically any Wii game played with the Wiimote for extended periods of play. My fingers are very, very long so wrapping them around the small controller causes cramps. It's not bad enough for me to stop until I get every single star in Super Mario Galaxy, though! :evil:

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids - The game requires you to shake the nunchuck and Wii-mote almost every other game as fast as you can; expect some pain.>_>
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Basically,my hand hurts after some of the more difficult surgeries because of how hard and tense I'm gripping the controller.
  • Starcraft (Brood War) - I banged my head against the moniter from how frustrating the last few missions are.:|
Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
That one Mario Party 1 mini-game where you had to peddle the bicycle to light a lightbulb.
-Xcalibur-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Xcalibur-
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts
All of the Mario Party games. I suppose WoW also, played many sessions where I had to go to school and work with insanely bloodshot eyes.
Yyin9564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yyin9564

back when me and my brother would take turns playing as Floyyd on Get Force Gemini, second player had to play with a controller that had a broken thumbstick... so i ended up wrapping tape around a thumb so it would stop bleeding... we were out of bandaids

dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts
No game takes physical pain to the level of the Painstation. It is a game like Pong except that both players must hold onto metal handles. The game doesn't end until one of the players lets go of the handle. I believe the Pong ball is shifting between 3 different colors and if a player loses a ball they are either burned, whipped, or shocked depending on the color of the ball at the time. You should see pictures of some of the injuries that game has caused.
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
Counter Strike. I had been playing it for about 6 hours at this point. Then I started getting a killing streak. From the time that killing streak started to its 21 kill end, I did not blink.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

for physical pain - guitar hero 2, i think i may have contracted arthritis from an all nighter. mental pain and confusion - starcraft. warcraft, or any RTS's, simply because itamazes me how fast i can get my ass kicked.

Yyin9564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Yyin9564

No game takes physical pain to the level of the Painstation. It is a game like Pong except that both players must hold onto metal handles. The game doesn't end until one of the players lets go of the handle. I believe the Pong ball is shifting between 3 different colors and if a player loses a ball they are either burned, whipped, or shocked depending on the color of the ball at the time. You should see pictures of some of the injuries that game has caused.dchan01

yeah i saw that on ripley's believe it or not the other day... it looked awesome... i wonder how much one of those would cost