Black dudes always get hurt in the games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xboxwallentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 xboxwallentine
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Have you ever noticed that always the first to die, or get really hurt, in most games is a black dude? I mean what the $#@& is wrong with the developers. Man, this is really discrimination. For example in halo 3, who dies? sergeant Johnson, a black guy. I consider this unfair. Join me fellow gamers in this quest to abolish discrimination in videogames.

Kill off a mixed variety of races: Muslims, christians, buddhists, blacks whites and chinese in the same way and first. switch it around a little for the love of all that is related to videogames.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Since you're kinda new, I won't flame you [spoiler] ABOUT THE FREAKING HALO 3 SPOILER YOU... [/spoiler] , but I don't think that someone dying first and someone dying last really makes the death any worse. If anything, it's how they lived and died.

This is coming from a mixed with African-dude, if it really matters. :|

Also...since when are Buddhism, Islam, and Christianity races?

xboxwallentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xboxwallentine
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yeah youre right, still, you cant deny there are some types of discrimination in games.
reelbigfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 reelbigfish
Member since 2005 • 919 Posts

Well why can't you just look past their skin colour and see them as characters?

I bet if they were second to die you would still take notice and yell "ZOMG teh rAciZm".

White guys die alot in movies and games too, but no, it's alright for them to die.

So do aliens.

I don't see the aliens calling us Xenophobes.

I am not being racist or anything, but political correctness is BS, white people die in games, as do Black people.

No discrimination there.

PigJiggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PigJiggin
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
There's discrimination in everyday society whether people want to believe it or not, sometimes you just need to ignore it. I'm not saying I agree with it, but if some jerk-offs want to be racist in a form of media, they're degrading themselves, don't let it degrade you.
ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 ryanstoy91
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
I agree there isdiscrimination in certain games like Grand Theft Auto, but most games these days I have not noticed any case of this. I actually think that Sgt. Johnson in Halo is a positive role model, since he is strong, courageous, and is a character the player usually would respect. I don't think him dieing in Halo 3 is racist, since others in the series have died before him.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
really just no. its part of the story. there is no conspiracy to kill black video game characters. they may have been under represented in the past, but thats really probably due to there being more white game devs than not.
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
Nope, can't say that I've seen much of a pattern there. Name a couple games besides Halo 3, because nothing comes to mind. I have noticed this in horror movies though. There might be some subconcious racism there.
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts

As for the Halo statement, I thought that guy lived through the first 2 games. Let me guess, your also one of those people who thinks RE5 is going racist because black people are dying. I take the point of those people above me who said that millions of white people have been killed in video games.
If weallow onlywhite people todie in video games, thats also a form of racism! It just propagates that black people are different and should be treated differently. When I'm playing deathmatch and my scope hits on someone's head, it doesn't matter if their red, white yellow, black, or green they all deserve to be headshotted for being against me.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

You nailed it. All game developers hate black people, and so, some black people die in video games. Thanks for putting that together for me!

Seriously, try harder. Unless you're living across the world or in the deep south, racism is a rare occurence.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts
Maybe, but just maybe, and you have to admit that there are some black guys who are pretty cool in the videogames, like Lucky Glauber form Kof series, or that strong guy in Gears of War.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
I think you are just looking for the death of black people in games. More white people would die, by a lot.
skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts
lol in residentevil 5 its a white guy killing a bunch of black zombies...but thats not racist right?
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Maybe, but just maybe, and you have to admit that there are some black guys who are pretty cool in the videogames, like Lucky Glauber form Kof series, or that strong guy in Gears of War.madsnakehhh

That's right! Nobody's going to stop the Cole Train!

/threadover

reelbigfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 reelbigfish
Member since 2005 • 919 Posts

lol in residentevil 5 its a white guy killing a bunch of black zombies...but thats not racist right?skatatay

No, its not, they are zombie's, characters in a Video game, not literal interpretations of Black people.

You killed white people in RE4, but no one said "tEh RaceIsAm, I aM cri nOw"

Heck, even noticeing the characters in RE5 is racist, just see them as computer controlled AI...not people.

Golly I can't stand pollitical correctness.