BioWare should make a Zelda and a Metroid.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

With the experience they have,think about what they could do.

They could take the races from Zelda & Metroid,and largely expand their story,plus make new ones.

Why not?

#2 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6559 posts) -

I think it would be interesting.

I don't see it happening... ever

#3 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

You think Bioware could do a better job than Nintendo?Well in the way you described it, it does sound interesting. Sure, why not?

Doubt it'll ever happen though.

#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

^Yes,it won't happen,cause Nintendo is too afraid to do different things...

Glad you see my point though,guys.

:)

#5 Posted by _BlueDuck_ (11986 posts) -

I'm not sure where I see the appeal. Sure, Bioware could do some interesting things with the lore and story of the respective series, but that's not the reason why I always look forward to these games, nor is it one of things that are in need of improvement.

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (31194 posts) -
Don't feel like playing a bugged Mario/Zelda game
#7 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

No.

They would screw them up.

Keep 3rd parties away from Nintendo's franchises (except Sega and maybe Platinum).

#8 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

And while we're at it, give EA a try on Super Mario

Jump DLC - 5 Euro
Castle DLC - 15 Euro
Extra Lifes - 1 Euro
Luigi - 50 Euro
Super Power Pack - 25 Euro
Shortcut to all Castles - 10 Euro

#9 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
If there was going to be a Zelda or Metroid RPG, I'd be all for it.
#10 Posted by Namgis (3591 posts) -

I would rather them admit they F*d up with ToR and concede to making Kotor III.

#11 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
No.
#12 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Get out! :P

Even my dissapointment in SKyward Sword and other M would not allow me to give Bioware the series. Retro on the other hand...

#13 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

No.

Keep 3rd parties away from Nintendo's franchises (except Sega and maybe Platinum).

nameless12345

Capcom did wonders with OoA and OoS though.

#14 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22508 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

No.

NaveedLife

that was flagship though, the team isn't really with capcom anymore.

And given capcom's recent track record...yeah I'd rather not pay out the ass for DLC tunics and bombs

#15 Posted by Krelian-co (12160 posts) -

NO

why would you do that to zelda or metroid? just no.

i don't want zelda or metroid to be infested with emo romances badly done.

#16 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

Yeah.......

NO. NONONONO.

#17 Posted by Krelian-co (12160 posts) -

to better illustrate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

#18 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
um no.
#19 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Yaaaay then I could finally get it on with Tingle. Dreams can come true <3
#20 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Yaaaay then I could finally get it on with Tingle. Dreams can come true <3GodModeEnabled

LMAO!

To the rest of you,congrats.

You just proved you are negative,.and "go with the flow".

Realise that having the same teams make the same games for so many years can be boring.

Try to be more open minded.

#21 Posted by Justforvisit (5047 posts) -

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yaaaay then I could finally get it on with Tingle. Dreams can come true <3GreekGameManiac

LMAO!

Realise that having the same teams make the same games for so many years can be boring.

So, a general shared solid opinion about that classics should stay what they are is "go with the flow" instead of letting us milk out and sell multi nonsense DLC from some of the todays companies?

HMMMMMMMMM........I'll seriously need to think about that..................NOT

#22 Posted by Krelian-co (12160 posts) -

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yaaaay then I could finally get it on with Tingle. Dreams can come true <3GreekGameManiac

LMAO!

NO.

bioware + zelda is a no in every single dimension and universe yet to be known

#23 Posted by syztem (7713 posts) -

Bioware should keep their walls of text out of other franchises.

#24 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

I don't know if Bioware should handle it (haven't played any of their games), but the idea of a deeper, very story-focused Zelda sounds great. Taking the Bioware approach of expanding far into the series' lore could be interesting.

#25 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -
I don't want to see Link and Zelda bumping against each other.
#26 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I don't know if Bioware should handle it (haven't played any of their games), but the idea of a deeper, very story-focused Zelda sounds great. Taking the Bioware approach of expanding far into the series' lore could be interesting.

c_rake

This man has the right mindset.

#27 Posted by chaplainDMK (6877 posts) -

^Yes,it won't happen,cause Nintendo is too afraid to do different things...

Glad you see my point though,guys.

:)

GreekGameManiac
What does BioWare do differantly, they have a formula they have been raping to death since Baldurs Gate
#28 Posted by Heirren (18130 posts) -
Lol. I can't think of one Bioware game with zero problems.
#29 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

ewww no

#30 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -

LMAO!

So you make a thread giving your opinion on something and asking others for theirs. Then you criticize everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion...
#31 Posted by Planeforger (15939 posts) -
Bioware doesn't have the talent to make a great Zelda or Metroid game. They could probably make a decent sci-fi game set in the Metroid universe, but it wouldn't resemble a Metroid game. Same goes for a Zelda game...but honestly, I don't think Bioware has done anything great with the fantasy genre since Baldurs Gate 2.
#32 Posted by Bigboi500 (30424 posts) -

I think that would be a terrible idea. Dialog trees in Zelda and Metroid? Hell no.

#33 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -
Lol. No.
#34 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

I would definitely like to see a Metroid project where they introduce role-playing elements and NPC interactions - not party-based, though - and with the amount of lore effort they put into Mass Effect. Just make it less about the cinematics and more about the gameplay, and I'd be up for it.

Zelda... I'm honestly way too happy about Nintendo handles this franchise to have them outsource it.

#35 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9210 posts) -

Bioware has shown no signs that it could remotely handle either Zelda or Metroid. Both game series' strengths come from quality control and expert level design. Neither of which Bioware has shown much skill in.

#36 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

No.

Shinobishyguy

And given capcom's recent track record...yeah I'd rather not pay out the ass for DLC tunics and bombs

lol oh no, of course I agree with you there, I was just saying it has been done good before. I cannot think of a third party developer I would want touching Zelda. Maybe Rocksteady I guess.

#37 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Bioware has shown no signs that it could remotely handle either Zelda or Metroid. Both game series' strengths come from quality control and expert level design. Neither of which Bioware has shown much skill in.

Pikminmaniac

Good frikkin points. Level design is NOT their strong suit, and that is a HUGE part of Zelda. Zelda has some of the most memorable and lovingly crafted worlds.

Zelda at its worst is still as good as any Mass Effect game :P. I enjoyed ME, but it has so many issues.

#38 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yaaaay then I could finally get it on with Tingle. Dreams can come true <3dagreenfish

LMAO!

So you make a thread giving your opinion on something and asking others for theirs. Then you criticize everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion...

That's kind of his thing.

#39 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

While I think it would be neat, I wouldn't want Bioware ruining those franchises. And it would be an alternate reality for sure if Nintendo ever allowed someone else to develope those games.

#40 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Are you guys having a brainfart?

They would be GUIDED by Nintendo.

God.

Like Retro Studios was when they made Metroid Prime.

It would be codeveloped.

So it wouldn't fail.

Seriously,LOTS of you,and others,should just accept change,and be more open.

#41 Posted by The-Gamer (109 posts) -

Rather not...

#42 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
Bioware games have terrible gameplay. I don't want them anywhere near those series.
#43 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

No.

Shinobishyguy

Flagship was dissolved in 2007 some people went to Capcom but the rest of the team that made OoA, OoS, and Minish Cap went to Nintendo and the last game they worked on was Skyward Sword. They also worked on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

#44 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Flagship was dissolved in 2007 some people went to Capcom but the rest of the team that made OoA, OoS, and Minish Cap went to Nintendo and the last game they worked on was Skyward Sword. They also worked on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

WTF happened to them!? THose three games against 3 of the best 2D Zelda's ever made? The only difference is ALTTP is better than MC, but MC is next in line.

#45 Posted by Krelian-co (12160 posts) -

God.

It would be codeveloped.

So it wouldn't fail.

GreekGameManiac

Seriously, no.

It's your opinion, people don't have to accept it and much less like it, period, it is a dumb idea and it has nothing to do with being "open minded"

#46 Posted by Archangel3371 (15977 posts) -
Well it's highly unlikely to happen but Bioware are excellent developers so I'd be interested in seeing their take on either of these two franchises.
#47 Posted by Planeforger (15939 posts) -

God.

It would be codeveloped.

So it wouldn't fail.

GreekGameManiac
What, like Nintendo does all of the gameplay, level design, art design and music, while Bioware writes the dialogue? I could live with that. I don't think it would improve either game (especially not Metroid, which works best when the plot is kept to the minimum, not getting in the way of the action), but it would be less crap than watching Bioware trying to do intricate level design, good boss fights or decent puzzles.
#48 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

I can see where you're coming from.. But I hope to heaven that it never happens. Bioware especially. They have gone from being one of my most loved developers to one of my most loathed so quickly. I'd much prefer a developer such as Retro Studios. Not only are they amazing developers, they're also closely tied to Nintendo and Miyamoto has stated that they could qualify to develop a Zelda title.

#49 Posted by Maroxad (8535 posts) -

Heck no.

I dont trust Bioware in any of the following departments: Level Design, Game Design, Enemy Design, Encounter Design, Puzzle design and RPG elements. In fact, I am not a big fan of their writing either. With their copy paste characterization, banal lore, horrid romance dialogue, and terrible plots.

If I wanted a heaily storydriven Zelda, it would have to be from Obsidian. Otherwise, nty.

#50 Posted by Krelian-co (12160 posts) -

Heck no.

I dont trust Bioware in any of the following departments: Level Design, Game Design, Enemy Design, Encounter Design, Puzzle design and RPG elements. In fact, I am not a big fan of their writing either. With their copy paste characterization, banal lore, horrid romance dialogue, and terrible plots.

If I wanted a heaily storydriven Zelda, it would have to be from Obsidian. Otherwise, nty.

Maroxad

this man knows what he's talking about