Bioshock Infinite Official Thread.One of the highest rated games EVER.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

I was able to enjoy the original Bioshock more because I completely didn't know what it was. With all the media buzz around Bioshock:Infinite I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. 

#52 Posted by commander (8263 posts) -

I've yet to touch a Bioshock game. But the series intrigues me. It looks like they put so much care and effort into Infinite, especially the story and characters. I'm not a real big FPS fan but dangit, this game looks too good to pass up. I am getting it, FPS be damned. I'm curious as to what other people will think of the game though.

Lucky_Krystal
you've missed out
#53 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

I've yet to touch a Bioshock game. But the series intrigues me. It looks like they put so much care and effort into Infinite, especially the story and characters. I'm not a real big FPS fan but dangit, this game looks too good to pass up. I am getting it, FPS be damned. I'm curious as to what other people will think of the game though.

evildead6789

you've missed out

I knooooooow :cry:

#54 Posted by Cyberdot (3539 posts) -

Just pre-loaded the game in Steam ready to be played immediately at midnight on March 26th.

So stoked. :D

#55 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -

Just pre-loaded the game in Steam ready to be played immediately at midnight on March 26th.

So stoked. :D

Cyberdot
Do you ever get the feeling you're about get screwed over by something but just can't quite put your finger on it ?
#56 Posted by RealKilla_789 (3668 posts) -

Game is pre-loaded and all ready to go. Rarely do I pre-order games. But this is a good exception.

#57 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Should be a good week. Picking this up and following GDC for announcements. 

#58 Posted by Metamania (12021 posts) -

Gamespot review is now up. 9.0 out of 10.

#59 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Blah. I was going to wait for a price drop and finish some of the stuff in my backlog but with everyone talking about how awesome the ending is I kinda want to play it sooner rather than later. 

Damn this year is being unkind to my wallet and oh look at that... it's only March.

#60 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Game is getting great review scores. Lowest one I've seen from the major sites is Gamespot's 9/10. Eurogamer, Destructoid, Gameinformer, and Polygon all gave it 10/10.

#61 Posted by Archangel3371 (15956 posts) -
Awesome. This game is getting fantastic reviews. I'm so pumped to pick this up, can't wait. :D
#62 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Awesome. This game is getting fantastic reviews. I'm so pumped to pick this up, can't wait. :DArchangel3371

Same here. But i am the mercy of Amazon and the speed of their shipping methods/dispatching. I hate waiting, but i need to learn patience - it saves money in the longer run. :D

#63 Posted by F1Lengend (7883 posts) -
Good lord at the reviews. I might have to check this out, I just really did not enjoy Bioshock and skipped 2.
#64 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
The reviews are through the roof. IGN turns out to be one of the harshest critics of the game. :lol: I have to wait till friday to play it. :(
#65 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/bioshock-infinite/critic-reviews

95 for PC

96 for 360 right now.

#66 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Time passes so slowly, when you are waiting on something so good! :D

#67 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Can someone here at GS explain why almost no review talks about PS3 Move support? I assume no one from GS is actually reading this thread though. I find it really weird to see the lack of mention of move support across all reviews, not just here at GS. In fact there is little cross platform comparision at all.

Normally there is a paragraph talking about the differences, not so with Bioshock. So if anyone at GS would like to explain why that is it would be appreciated.

#68 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

High praise from Adam Sessler in his review. 

#69 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

GameFly just sent out my copy.

Guess I'm gonna finally see what all the hubbub about Bioshock is.

#70 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

GameFly just sent out my copy.

Guess I'm gonna finally see what all the hubbub about Bioshock is.

c_rake
Whaaaaa how do you miss out on playing Bioshock? Sometimes I think you post things to mess with me.
#71 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
haha, its supposed to unlock for me tonight on Steam.
#72 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

Whaaaaa how do you miss out on playing Bioshock? Sometimes I think you post things to mess with me.GodModeEnabled

I didn't have a PS3 until 2010. Heard mummers of the PS3 port being not so good (I think it was rampant frame rate issues or some other technical problem?), so I elected to wait until I could play it on Xbox or PC. Always have been curious about it.

Come to think of it, I did get a free copy of the original on PC via GameFly awhile back...

#73 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -

Originally I was going to wait on this a little bit (I'm not expecting it to stay at $60 for too long), but after the ridiculous reviews and remembering that the first Bioshock was one of my favorite games of this generation I think I'm going to pick this up this week.

I basically went from "eh, I'll just wait for a price drop" to "I need this game now" over the past 24 hours

#74 Posted by Baroni88 (340 posts) -

I originally wasn't even going to look into this game, having never played the first ones. Now, after the reviews and this "awesome" ending talk, I preordered pretty quick. I went with the PS3 version but I'm wondering if that was a good choice or not.... I have an XBOX but they can't be that much different. I just want to have more games for PS3 because my XBOX collection is getting craaazy!

#75 Posted by ArchonOver (1103 posts) -
If someone can help me real quick, should I get this for PS3 or PC? I've having real debate over a couch and big screen vs better aim and graphics. I can't believe I'm even this hyped for Bioshock Infinite.
#76 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -
If someone can help me real quick, should I get this for PS3 or PC? I've having real debate over a couch and big screen vs better aim and graphics. I can't believe I'm even this hyped for Bioshock Infinite.ArchonOver
If you have a PC that can run it well, it definitely sounds like PC is the way to go. My computer's subpar so I'll be getting the 360 version
#77 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
I am kind of confused by all the "I didn't are for the game but the reviews make me want it!" The gameplay videos weren't enough? And if you didn't care for the original and never cared for any of the gameplay footage why is a review changing your mind?
#78 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

I am kind of confused by all the "I didn't are for the game but the reviews make me want it!" The gameplay videos weren't enough? And if you didn't care for the original and never cared for any of the gameplay footage why is a review changing your mind? dvader654

Glowing recommendations can change people's minds easily.

#79 Posted by Allicrombie (25359 posts) -
I am kind of confused by all the "I didn't are for the game but the reviews make me want it!" The gameplay videos weren't enough? And if you didn't care for the original and never cared for any of the gameplay footage why is a review changing your mind? dvader654
humans are a fickle lot.
#80 Posted by Planeforger (15931 posts) -
I can wait for a sale. I remember that the original got glowing reviews as well. :P
#81 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -

You make the false assumption that everybody watches gameplay preview videos
I usually don't

#82 Posted by Cyberdot (3539 posts) -

The game is excellent.

Man, the graphics are very pretty on PC version. Eye candy stuff right there.

#83 Posted by Ballroompirate (23444 posts) -

Loved the first Bioshock, been waiting for this game for 2 years.

#84 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

I can wait for a sale. I remember that the original got glowing reviews as well. :PPlaneforger

Yeah, spot on. Although I was sold on that one long before any reviews. And reviews aren't going to affect anything this time either. I may pick this one up for 5 Euros on Steam sometime. We'll see.

#85 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I originally wasn't even going to look into this game, having never played the first ones. Now, after the reviews and this "awesome" ending talk, I preordered pretty quick. I went with the PS3 version but I'm wondering if that was a good choice or not.... I have an XBOX but they can't be that much different. I just want to have more games for PS3 because my XBOX collection is getting craaazy!

Baroni88

If we go by reviews, all the major sites that put their review for the PS3 version have been the same as the 360. IGN gave both a 9.5, Gamespot gave both a 9. So, I would say there's nothing to worry about. 

Also, with the PS3 version you get the original Bioshock as well. So if you like Infinite you'll be able to see what was so great about the original Bioshock as well ;)

#86 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

I am at a mercy of Amazon and when they decide to ship it. I hate waiting.

#87 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -
The skyline stuff in this game is so cool.
#89 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Just picked up the game, wondering what difficulty to start on? I'm up for a challenge but don't want it to become so frustrating it detracts from the story...

#90 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Just picked up the game, wondering what difficulty to start on? I'm up for a challenge but don't want it to become so frustrating it detracts from the story...

Vari3ty

I would recommend "savoring and cherishing the moment" - meaning start on Normal and enjoy the setting and story first. Later on, you can up the challenge.

#91 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Vari3ty
I've heard hard is easy. Plus you can change it if you don't like it.
#92 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -

Vari3ty
I've heard people complain that normal's too easy but I started my game on normal and died 3 times in the first hour So what I'm saying is I don't know
#93 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
I need some impressions, guys!
#94 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

dvader654

I've heard hard is easy. Plus you can change it if you don't like it.

I'm 4-5 hours in and yes, hard is easy. However, I've read about a special 'superhard' code (which I haven't tried).

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/25/unlock-bioshock-infinites-1999-mode-early-with-the-konami-code/

#95 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -
I hate that I think I'm already at about the halfway mark of the game. :/ I wish it'd go on for a really long time. It's so good.
#96 Posted by HipHopBeats (2921 posts) -

So tempted to trade in Ni No Kuni to pick this game up but priorities take center stage right now. I still have Bioshock 1 and 2 to finish so at least that will sate my appetite for Infinite. Plus Id rather wait for the all DLC's to drop so I can get everything all at once.

#97 Posted by c_rakestraw (14762 posts) -

So tempted to trade in Ni No Kuni to pick this game up but priorities take center stage right now. I still have Bioshock 1 and 2 to finish so at least that will sate my appetite for Infinite. Plus Id rather wait for the all DLC's to drop so I can get everything all at once.HipHopBeats

They confirmed DLC? Intriguing...

#98 Posted by JML897 (33131 posts) -

[QUOTE="HipHopBeats"]So tempted to trade in Ni No Kuni to pick this game up but priorities take center stage right now. I still have Bioshock 1 and 2 to finish so at least that will sate my appetite for Infinite. Plus Id rather wait for the all DLC's to drop so I can get everything all at once.c_rake

They confirmed DLC? Intriguing...

Inside the case (for the 360 version anyway) there's even a card that tells you about how you can buy a DLC season pass for $20. So yeah, it sounds like there will be a good amount of DLC coming.
#99 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Well I started out on hard but decided that was too much for my liking on my first playthrough after I died twice, so I bumped it down to medium. 

#100 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Well I started out on hard but decided that was too much for my liking on my first playthrough after I died twice, so I bumped it down to medium.

Vari3ty

I didn't have any problems with hard at the beginning but towards the middle it can get rough. Still, given the way the continue system is structured I don't think its possible to get stuck in a fight scene one just can't win, though one can lose a lot of money (reviving costs a bit of money) winning a tough fight.