Bioshock Infinite Official Thread.One of the highest rated games EVER.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

bioshockInfiniteLogoBanner002.jpeg

In a few days we may get this years best game, Bioshock Infinite. The true sequel to masterpiece Bioshock, Irrational Games intends to take the stellar atmposphere and gameplay to new heights, literally to the skies. 

WOULD YOU KINDLY SPOILER TAG ALL SPOILERS OR BE DESTROYED!!

The game comes out on March 26th.

Thanks to Neogaf for the following:

The PS3 version includes Bioshock for free and it has Move support. I believe you buy the PC version on steam there is a ton of rewards that are being unlocked.

Premium Edition $79.99 SRP

• The BioShock Infinite game
  • A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.
  • A 5 x 7-inch lithograph of a real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite by Jorge Lacera.
  • A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature figure from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
  • A 64-page collectible mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed linen cover.
  • Downloadable content:
    • Exclusive in-game gear
    • Bull Rush
    • Extra! Extra!
    • Betrayer
  • Digital soundtrack featuring music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions.
  • Platform specific downloadable content:
    • Exclusive avatar costumes of Booker and Elizabeth for Xbox 360
    • BioShock Infinite themes for PC and PlayStation 3
  • Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 SRP

• A resin-cast Songbird statue measuring 9.75 inches and comes with its own collectible packaging.
  • The BioShock Infinite game
  • A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.
  • A 5 x 7-inch lithograph of a real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite by Jorge Lacera.
  • A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature figure from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
  • A 64-page collectible mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed linen cover.
  • Downloadable content:
    • Exclusive in-game gear
    • Bull Rush
    • Extra! Extra!
    • Betrayer
  • Digital soundtrack featuring music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions.
  • Platform specific downloadable content:
    • Exclusive avatar costumes of Booker and Elizabeth for Xbox 360
    • BioShock Infinite themes for PC and PlayStation 3
  • Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

• Both editions will be available in the U.S.A, Europe, Asia, and Australia.

Reviews:

As they come in

#2 Posted by Kevlar101 (6146 posts) -
I am half and half about the game. I'm relying on the reviews for this one.
#3 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

While we wait for IGNs exclusive *cough*paidoff*cough* review here is an interesting article on how Infinite is one of the most expensive games of all time.

http://www.destructoid.com/bioshock-infinite-among-most-expensive-games-of-all-time-249310.phtml

And people wonder why this industry is unstable

Developers, like Rockstar, have bragged in the past that games make more than films at the box office, so why not fund games like Hollywood does? 2K Games is doing just that by throwing nearly $200 million at BioShock Infinite, according to The New York Times which cited unnamed analysts. Not since Grand Theft Auto IV -- allegedly $100M and produced by 2K's owners Take-Two -- has so much money been thrown at a project

Around $100M was spent on Infinite's production and as much as another $100 will be spent on marketing. Remember when we were all gobsmacked that Gears of War cost $10 million? While game budgets have gone up, BioShock Infinite is pushing to the top of the list of most expensive productions. Shenmue ($94M in today's economy) says hi!

Seems they are throwing a ton of money into this. They NEED reviews to be high. Estimate is that it needs to sell about 5 million to break even. I think it can do that but it will be close.

#4 Posted by Kevlar101 (6146 posts) -
^ ^ ^ "marketing to cost another $100" .................. wut
#5 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
^ ^ ^ "marketing to cost another $100" .................. wutKevlar101
Yep. That is nuts.
#6 Posted by Travo_basic (38751 posts) -
I want this to be good. I'm hoping for something completely different from the previous two.
#7 Posted by safeaction (6 posts) -
I paid off my preorder last week. I really hope this game is great.
#8 Posted by c_rakestraw (14683 posts) -

For those who want to avoid spoilers, be wary 'cause we've had a lot of spammers posting spoilers about the site. They've only stuck to the comments so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to flood the forums eventually. Keep your eyes out.

#9 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

I've yet to touch a Bioshock game. But the series intrigues me. It looks like they put so much care and effort into Infinite, especially the story and characters. I'm not a real big FPS fan but dangit, this game looks too good to pass up. I am getting it, FPS be damned. I'm curious as to what other people will think of the game though.

#10 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

For those who want to avoid spoilers, be wary 'cause we've had a lot of spammers posting spoilers about the site. They've only stuck to the comments so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to flood the forums eventually. Keep your eyes out.

c_rake

Already happened once, unfortunately for me and a lot of other forum users. I still plan on getting the game, but it sucks knowing how the story plays out. Oh well, I guess it serves as a reminder for me to totally avoid the internet whenever the next Red Dead comes out. 

#11 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Probably my most anticipated game of this year. Super pumped.
#12 Posted by c_rakestraw (14683 posts) -

Already happened once, unfortunately for me and a lot of other forum users. I still plan on getting the game, but it sucks knowing how the story plays out. Oh well, I guess it serves as a reminder for me to totally avoid the internet whenever the next Red Dead comes out. Vari3ty

Ah damn. Sorry about that. Always seem to catch them after they've done their job. Bastards...

#13 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

IGN review

THE VERDICT
Going in, I had to question whether Infinite could live up to the BioShock name after having discarded its signature world of Rapture, with its Big Daddies and Little Sisters and warring philosophies, and starting from scratch. On the way out, I'm forced to seriously question which is the better game. In total, BioShock Infinite is a brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay. It trips over itself in a couple of spots, but not in any way that should keep you from embracing it with your utmost enthusiasm.

PC version got a 9.5, it looks better. 

Basically game is totally awesome but middle drags a bit. 

#14 Posted by Archangel3371 (15663 posts) -
Awesome. This game is going to be glorious. Definite Game of the Year canidate here. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :D
#15 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18479 posts) -
So, is it Haloshock after all or is it still Bioshock?
#16 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74044 posts) -
Oh look... another 9+ from IGN. :P
#17 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
So, is it Haloshock after all or is it still Bioshock?Black_Knight_00
Sounds like its just like Bioshock.
#18 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Good score, but I have to take it with a grain of salt since it's IGN and it's the first review. 

#19 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18479 posts) -
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]So, is it Haloshock after all or is it still Bioshock?dvader654
Sounds like its just like Bioshock.

Good. That early gameplay had me worried
#20 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6118 posts) -
Can't wait!! Had my collectors edition preordered for ages.
#21 Posted by sukraj (22861 posts) -

waiting for the gamespot review.

#22 Posted by Metamania (12010 posts) -

I know that the first two games don't connect with the third one here, but I'll have to play the first two before I jump into Infinite.

#23 Posted by UpInFlames (13279 posts) -

I like the concept and the premise, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm still sour after BioShock completely burned me as I truly believed Irrational would deliver on their promises (open-ended design, emergent gameplay, moral choices). But they didn't and I'm far from convinced that Infinite is any different. It seems like it's just more BioShock in a new setting which just isn't going to cut it for me.

#24 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

sukraj
"I didn't like that I had to hold a button down to change weapons. I also didn't like the part where the game made me watch something, how dare it. It was too hard too." 6.0 There you go.
#25 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
if its a great, deep, mystery, emotionally gripping story. and great gunplay. then i think I'll like it. :P I was worried at first. I just beat the first two bioshocks, and i feel inlove. I loved the creepy atmosphere, everything felt insane, and dark/sad. I got attached to the little sisters. It had me gripped to it. I was worried about this one, because, it doesn't seem dark at all, or a creepy atmosphere, but after reading about it. I'm VERY intrested. If it works out as they've said. I can deal without the distrubing atmosphere that I loved.
#26 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
[QUOTE="sukraj"]

dvader654
"I didn't like that I had to hold a button down to change weapons. I also didn't like the part where the game made me watch something, how dare it. It was too hard too." 6.0 There you go.

Gameinformer is the only reviews i 9 times out of 10 agree on. and care about.
#27 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

I've had Bioshock Infinite prepurchased for a while because I highly enjoyed the original Bioshock and have been impressed by the preview videos and interviews about Bioshock Infinite.

#28 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

So pleased it got a high score. Ken Levine has done it yet again by creating a brilliant world with a story that contains a twist you won't see coming! Can't wait to Tuesday!

#29 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Ignore the score. READ the actual review, all you need to know is in there. Need more info before you commit ? Read more reviews and compare them with eachother (the actual review, not the score). There. . . . Problem Solved.
#30 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Good news about another great story by ken Levine. Plus a twist! I cannot wait to play this!

#31 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Oh look... another 9+ from IGN. :PJustPlainLucas

Looks like a dvader654 review.

#32 Posted by istuffedsunny (6984 posts) -
I hope all the reviews give it 7s and 8s now to spite 2K and IGN. That would be funny
#33 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

if its a great, deep, mystery, emotionally gripping story. and great gunplay. then i think I'll like it. :P I was worried at first. I just beat the first two bioshocks, and i feel inlove. I loved the creepy atmosphere, everything felt insane, and dark/sad. I got attached to the little sisters. It had me gripped to it. I was worried about this one, because, it doesn't seem dark at all, or a creepy atmosphere, but after reading about it. I'm VERY intrested. If it works out as they've said. I can deal without the distrubing atmosphere that I loved.codymcclain14

Good explanation of my own thoughts! ;)

#34 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Dear Tuesday, would you kindly hurry up and get here. Sincerely, GME
#35 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

First new game I've bought new in a few months. Hopefully it lives up to expectations, this year has been painfully empty for me so far. 

#36 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Lol, some people didnt bother reading the review, and for those that did read it, their common sense flew straight out the window once they saw the score. Maybe the score was bought or bribed, but the actual review seemed legit, Pros and Cons were addressed, just ignore the score.
#37 Posted by Kevlar101 (6146 posts) -

First new game I've bought new in a few months. Hopefully it lives up to expectations, this year has been painfully empty for me so far. 

Vari3ty
Its rather early in the game year.................... damn CoD fanboys. Always impatient.
#38 Posted by Kevlar101 (6146 posts) -
Lol, some people didnt bother reading the review, and for those that did read it, their common sense flew straight out the window once they saw the score. Maybe the score was bought or bribed, but the actual review seemed legit, Pros and Cons were addressed, just ignore the score.Lulekani
Are you saying that the game is probably good or probably bad?
#39 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Kevlar101

Its rather early in the game year.................... damn CoD fanboys. Always impatient.

Who said anything about COD? Seriously, grow up. 

#40 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Lol, some people didnt bother reading the review, and for those that did read it, their common sense flew straight out the window once they saw the score. Maybe the score was bought or bribed, but the actual review seemed legit, Pros and Cons were addressed, just ignore the score.Kevlar101
Are you saying that the game is probably good or probably bad?

Im saying good or bad is irrelevant when its time to spend cash, the review states the control scheme has been slightly altered to accomodate more gamepad users, it doesnt matter if its good or bad, its information that you can use to factor in whether this is what you want or not. Once u factor in the score you're in good AND bad territory. The number is meaningless, the proof(details) is in the pudding (review).
#41 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5645 posts) -

I'm goona get it 

#42 Posted by HipHopBeats (2897 posts) -

Despite that season pass crap, I'm still pretty hyped for this. I was hooked after downloading the Bioshock 1 demo. I may even trade in Ni No Kuni for this depending on player feedback.

#43 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Oh look... another 9+ from IGN. :PS0lidSnake

Looks like a dvader654 review.

Oh quiet I probably give less 9s than you do.
#44 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
I hope all the reviews give it 7s and 8s now to spite 2K and IGN. That would be funnyistuffedsunny
So lying about a score would be funny?
#45 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
[QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]I hope all the reviews give it 7s and 8s now to spite 2K and IGN. That would be funnydvader654
So lying about a score would be funny?

Any attempt to understand that logic/humor would render, even most persistant of people, catatonic.
#46 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
I have to wait til wednesday. and its killing me. :(
#47 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
I have to wait til wednesday. and its killing me. :(codymcclain14
I have to wait till friday so boohoo. :P
#48 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Have the premimum version pre-ordered (the $80 one, not the crazy $150 one) and can't wait to try it. I'm not watching any walk throughs or much trailers because I want to experience it first hand, and the IGN review was pretty glowing. Still have to finish Tomb Raider and Gears Judgment too...too many awesome games!

#49 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1147 posts) -
I can't wait to play it, the game looks great.
#50 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -

Have the premimum version pre-ordered (the $80 one, not the crazy $150 one) and can't wait to try it. I'm not watching any walk throughs or much trailers because I want to experience it first hand, and the IGN review was pretty glowing. Still have to finish Tomb Raider and Gears Judgment too...too many awesome games!

immortality20
lol. Isnt that the kinda thing people do right before something blows up in their face ? Watch the trailers or video reviews, Help set your expectations accordingly, just in case theres something you might need to know.