BioHazard(RE)Saturn version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6vHE8ZQxJs&feature=related

o.o

What the?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Im not even sure what youre asking

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

??

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I had the Saturn version:cool:

tab134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 tab134
Member since 2011 • 346 Posts

only true problem with it is the loading(opening doors) is on average like 3 seconds longer, no arrange mode verison has been on the saturn either. but yeah for saturn fans i'd recommend biohazard over the us release, its uncut and costs like 14 bucks.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Okay, great video. But what are you saying about it?

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

this was the first system i played resident evil on.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I'm asking you guys,if it's a good version?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkman2007

GreekGameManiac
yes , its a good version, has its good and bad points compared to the PS1 version , but its good.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bultje112

GreekGameManiac

yes it's a good version. I like it a little more than the psx versions because of the colors and the extra's. if you can though, get it for gamecube

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

The only disadvantage the game had is that it came out like a year later than the PS version.

That's not very relevant today, but back then it was a drag.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darkman2007

The only disadvantage the game had is that it came out like a year later than the PS version.

Panzer_Zwei
I doubt it helped sales either, everyone who wanted RE would have gotten a PS1 by then , unless they already had a Saturn. also Im not sure how popular Biohazard is in Japan , but it seems the series is more western in who it appeals to.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Darkman2007

I doubt it helped sales either, everyone who wanted RE would have gotten a PS1 by then , unless they already had a Saturn. also Im not sure how popular Biohazard is in Japan , but it seems the series is more western in who it appeals to.

Exactly. It was more like BIO HAZARD now for the SS, instead of the big game it was when it came out.

Same story with NOCTURNE IN THE MOONLIGHT. Had it come out around the same time than the PS version, even with the same flaws and without any extras. It still would've been a much higher profile release than how it turned out to be.

And BIO HAZARD was huge in Japan. Though believe it or not, it wasn't seen as goofy as in the west. If you've seen any Japanese movie with native English speaking actors, then you'd understand the why of BIO HAZARD dialogue and voice acting quality.

For some reason they used to redub their lines (of the native, fluent English speaking actors) to make them sound like they came out from an English learning school.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

Exactly. It was more like BIO HAZARD now for the SS, instead of the big game it was when it came out.

Same story with NOCTURNE IN THE MOONLIGHT. Had it come out around the same time than the PS version, even with the same flaws and without any extras. It still would've been a much higher profile release than how it turned out to be.

And BIO HAZARD was huge in Japan. Though believe it or not, it wasn't seen as goofy as in the west. If you've seen any Japanese movie with native English speaking actors, then you'd understand the why of BIO HAZARD dialogue and voice acting quality.

For some reason they used to redub their lines (of the native, fluent English speaking actors) to make them sound like they came out from an English learning school.

well , when youre watching a movie or playing a game in a different language, you don't always notice if the voice acting is bad or not, so I can see why the Japanese cared less about that aspect, plus it does add that certain cheesy factor to the game. though one has to wonder why it took an extra year for the Saturn version to be released, could have been a contract, or simply that Capcom only started developing (actually it was Nextech who did the conversion) , once they found the game was popular on the PS1, and Saturn development took longer if you wanted the job done properly, which the Saturn version was.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bultje112

also reason why in japan shenmue with english voice acting was seen as the better game and they actually re released it. ridiculous.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Panzer_Zwei

also reason why in japan shenmue with english voice acting was seen as the better game and they actually re released it. ridiculous.

bultje112

No, US SHENMUE was highly despised, and sold very poorly.

It wasn't quite the same thing tough. The case of US SHEMUE would be like if someone released a Japanese game in the US without subtitles.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Are you saying that the characters look like horse? Cuz you'll get no argument here.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
You know if I started playing RE when it was like this I might actually be into it today :P
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

The graphics are worse than the PSX version, but it has an exclusive Battle Game that features a zombie Wesker and a gold Tyrant.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bultje112

The graphics are worse than the PSX version, but it has an exclusive Battle Game that features a zombie Wesker and a gold Tyrant.

SonOfChewbacca

the graphics are worse is about as subjective as can be.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="SonOfChewbacca"]

bultje112

didn't lens of truth do a technical comparison of both versions and end up choosing the PS1 version?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="SonOfChewbacca"]

rilpas

didn't lens of truth do a technical comparison of both versions and end up choosing the PS1 version?

I read it before , some of the things they say are true, but some of it is just stupid (like the loading differences, I have both versions and its hardly noticable) they are right about the effects though , they suck on the Saturn for the most part.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

Darkman2007

I read it before , some of the things they say are true, but some of it is just stupid (like the loading differences, I have both versions and its hardly noticable) they are right about the effects though , they suck on the Saturn for the most part.

Like the original PS version is a technical achievement.

I don't think graphical differences matter much in this case.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="rilpas"] didn't lens of truth do a technical comparison of both versions and end up choosing the PS1 version?Panzer_Zwei

I would have been more interested to see RE2 on the Saturn , but thats a different matter.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I read it before , some of the things they say are true, but some of it is just stupid (like the loading differences, I have both versions and its hardly noticable) they are right about the effects though , they suck on the Saturn for the most part.Darkman2007

I would have been more interested to see RE2 on the Saturn , but thats a different matter.

The SS had DEEP FEAR, which in my opinion is just as accomplished survival horror game, in spite of its totally forgettable character cast.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

Panzer_Zwei

The SS had DEEP FEAR, which in my opinion is just as accomplished survival horror game, in spite of its totally forgettable character cast.

Deep Fear is good, don't know about it being as good as RE2 , but its good. kinda funny how it allows you to walk and shoot at the same time, and yet RE3 and CV didn't, Im not even sure 4 did.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] I would have been more interested to see RE2 on the Saturn , but thats a different matter.Darkman2007

Deep Fear is good, don't know about it being as good as RE2 , but its good. kinda funny how it allows you to walk and shoot at the same time, and yet RE3 and CV didn't, Im not even sure 4 did.

Gameplay and theme-wise I found it a lot better.

The story and characters is what I've always found lacking.

Main character is awful, they couldn't come out with something more generic if they tried.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bultje112

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="rilpas"] didn't lens of truth do a technical comparison of both versions and end up choosing the PS1 version?Panzer_Zwei

exactly. it's like nitpicking. the gamecube version, now that is a graphical difference. but especially with out eyes of today the differences in graphics between re1 on saturn and psx mean almost nothing. I for one liked more the vibrant color use on the saturn version

SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Well, I meant to say that the Saturn version looks "worse" in that it lacks transparencies and lighting on character models and objects. Overall not a huge difference, but it's noticeable.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Darkman2007

Well, I meant to say that the Saturn version looks "worse" in that it lacks transparencies and lighting on character models and objects. Overall not a huge difference, but it's noticeable.

SonOfChewbacca
characters look better imo though.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
honestly from what I've seen, I'd say it's a toss up, just buy the cheapest one :P
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bultje112

honestly from what I've seen, I'd say it's a toss up, just buy the cheapest one :Prilpas

better yet, who's controller you prefer.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]honestly from what I've seen, I'd say it's a toss up, just buy the cheapest one :Pbultje112

The Saturn model 2 controller is pretty damn nice.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="bultje112"]

[QUOTE="rilpas"]honestly from what I've seen, I'd say it's a toss up, just buy the cheapest one :PAlexKidd5000

thats true, although in this game both controllers do a good job. if it was a fighting game , controllers would matter much more.
AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexKidd5000"][QUOTE="bultje112"]

Darkman2007

thats true, although in this game both controllers do a good job. if it was a fighting game , controllers would matter much more.

Yeah your right.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bultje112

the 3d controller is the best controller I've ever felt in my hands.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darkman2007

the 3d controller is the best controller I've ever felt in my hands.

bultje112
its ok , but the analog pad isn't great. that said they arguably made the controller worse with the DC pad.