Bethesda - Prey 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

First of all we need WAY MORE bounty hunter themed games, I don't get why developers don't use this theme in their games.

Secondly, what on earth happened to Prey 2? It looked so promising and interesting. Apparently Bethesda cancelled it, and now another company is working on it.

Now we're in the year 2014, and there's only a bunch of rumours floating around in cyber space about Prey 2. What about you guys, were you looking forward to this game?

Here's some gameplay from back when it was announced:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU0xJ8DKwVI

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I was sure interested. Too bad it was scrapped, looked like it had some promise behind it.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

I was looking forward to Prey 2 and was gutted to hear it got delayed, fingers crossed if it sees the light of day it turns out alright.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

the D3 engine is why they canned it. they found it "not relevant" it seems.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@187umKILLAH said:

I was looking forward to Prey 2 and was gutted to hear it got delayed, fingers crossed if it sees the light of day it turns out alright.

@Justin_G said:

the D3 engine is why they canned it. they found it "not relevant" it seems.

I heard the publishers canned it because the game strayed away from the its' original vision and it went so far down the the deep end that a new developer had to step-in and redo the project.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

that's weird. to me, that's never a bad thing... dang Bethesda/Zenimax, you guyths! (they better not blear The Evil Within, and reduce it to some myopic daze of it's intended self, like EA did to Shadows of the Damned, or i will be furious!1 campiness was in SOTD's favor so it wasn't TOO effected by the inserts of the suits, but The Evil Within is too valuable to me to not be completely Shinji Mikami's production/direction that shines