Best zombie game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

I just realised that even though Resident Evil 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, i'd class Dead Rising as my favourite zombie related game.

What's yours?

#2 Posted by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

For me it's definitely between Plants vs. Zombies and Resident Evil 4. I've sunk a shameful amount of playtime into Plants vs. Zombies.

And I f*%#ing loved every second of it.

#3 Posted by Treflis (11431 posts) -
When it comes to melee weapons and such then Dead Island, Firearms are poor in the game but machetes, knives, brooms, hammers are a thrill to use. When it comes to firearms, I quite like the Mod "no more Room in Hell" for Halflife 2. When it comes to setting and immersion, Resident Evil Zero, Remake, 2 and 3. Resident Evil 4 was fun but parasite infected people is not the shambling undead. And for just joyful good fun , Plants versus Zombies.
#4 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

For me it's definitely between Plants vs. Zombies and Resident Evil 4. I've sunk a shameful amount of playtime into Plants vs. Zombies.

And I f*%#ing loved every second of it.

starfox15

Doesn't count:evil:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLicat3qqleCGxCPnVCHr

#5 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I only really got into horror titles this generation, and my favourite zombie game would have to be Resident Evil 5.

#6 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

The original Resident Evil, Dead Rising and House of the dead, with special mentions to Dead Island and Left 4 Dead.

#7 Posted by IBullseye (364 posts) -

Dead Rising 2

Dead Island

Resident Evil 2

Left 4 Dead

I cant choose my favourite im sorry :(

#8 Posted by Zopple (29 posts) -

Left 4 Dead for me, sank hours in to that, 4 player co-op with friends is just great. Dead Island after that, the core experience is really good imo, could have done with some polish though.

#9 Posted by da_chub (3062 posts) -
Of all time, then L4D1. Resident Evil 1 on the GC was also amazing. I have high hopes for ZombiU dispite the name, only because 6 years ago, ubisoft release redsteel, then after that mess, they released red steel 2, which is top 10 FPS i played this gen over any system.(get over the graphics and enjoy the gameplay and its great game, with awesome controls.
#10 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Resident Evil for the Gamecube(and Wii).

#11 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

1) Cold Fear on the PS2 (they weren't technically "zombies", but neither was RE4)

2) Resident Evil 4

3) Lollipop Chainsaw

One of these days I'll have to go back and spend some time with the Undead Nightmare DLC for Red Dead Redemption. It seemed really good but I was pretty bored with that game by the time I got it.

I traded in Dead Island before I was halfway through it. That's what I though of that game:P

#12 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
Zombies Ate My Neighbors. =P
#13 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

L4D1 & 2

Fallout 3 (ghouls in subway tunnels)

#14 Posted by Headpopper333 (924 posts) -

definitely gears of war for the 360

#15 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -
I never played an amazing zombie game. I liked left 4 dead 1 and 2 but got bored with it. Maybe when i get them on pc the mods will make me play it more
#16 Posted by brucecambell (1572 posts) -

Resident Evil 1

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil remake

I dont like the modern day Zombie games. I thought the original Dead Rising was insane at the time, playing Dead Rising 2 im kinda over it. Games like Left 4 dea are just generic shooting galleries, they dont do anything for me.

I think now i want a realistic Zombie game. Something a long the lines of a surviavl zombie game, like the Wlaking Dead show. Based on gathering supplies & surviving, not combat.

#17 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

I think now i want a realistic Zombie game. Something a long the lines of a surviavl zombie game, like the Wlaking Dead show. Based on gathering supplies & surviving, not combat.

brucecambell

have you checked out Project Zomboid or DayZ?

#18 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

Dead Rising

#19 Posted by Ballroompirate (22297 posts) -

my top 3

1. DayZ
  2. RE2
  3. Left 4 Dead 1
#20 Posted by brucecambell (1572 posts) -

IcyToasters

F**k me. I just checked out DayZ, looks insane. Its exactly the kind of Zombie game i have been wanting for years. Survival, stealth & realism being the key features here. You can even find other survivors in the world. How is this only a mod? Somebody needs to make a full game like this.

Project Zomboid look like exactly what im looking for too, i only wish it was a fully 3D game. The only problem is.... im a console gamer :(

I might be able to check out Project Zomboid, but not DayZ. I just wish these were the kind of Zombie games that were made, instead of the mindless Zombie games like Left 4 Dead.

#21 Posted by Lynqoidz (4 posts) -
I like Left 4 Dead the original For something a bit more easy to pick up and play I also like Plants V Zombies, such a simple yet very fun game.
#22 Posted by Ashley_wwe (13468 posts) -
If I could only choose one, then it would probably be Resident Evil 2. Also one of my favourite games of all time :).
#23 Posted by thedarklinglord (662 posts) -

[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]

brucecambell

F**k me. I just checked out DayZ, looks insane. Its exactly the kind of Zombie game i have been wanting for years. Survival, stealth & realism being the key features here. You can even find other survivors in the world. How is this only a mod? Somebody needs to make a full game like this.

Agreed. I've been almost obsessively watching Youtube clips of the game and really wish I could play it on my horribly outdated computer. It's still not my ultimate zombie game, but it's definitely a step in the right direction with the massive open world setting (though, I believe you should be able to enter every building) and the need to scavenge for food, water, weapons and ammo, medical supplies and the like while sneaking and stealthing your way around the zombies. I just wish someone out there would take some of the best elements of all the zombie games in existence (and ideas not yet applied to zombie games, like randomly generated maps/environments) and find a way to roll them into one truly epic masterpiece of a zombie apocalypse simulator.
#24 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

I would have to say Left 4 Dead 2.

#25 Posted by Celldrax (14551 posts) -

RE2 was an utterly awesome game, as well as being my first experience with that type of genre. So definitely that.

#26 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
In terms of all-around atmosphere and capturing the mood of the majority of "camp" zombie media, Dead Rising is pretty much the shining star. As for more modern, "realistic" zombie media, I hear Day Z is offering a stupendous experience. I'm unfortunately not able to play it because I cannot currently afford a proper gaming computer.
#27 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

Project Zomboid look like exactly what im looking for too, i only wish it was a fully 3D game. The only problem is.... im a console gamer :(

I might be able to check out Project Zomboid, but not DayZ. I just wish these were the kind of Zombie games that were made, instead of the mindless Zombie games like Left 4 Dead.

brucecambell

Project Zomboid will at least run on a looot of computers that don't have to be very strong. (:
ArmA II is a bit harder to run if you don't have a computer that you mean to play a lot of games on.

but there you goo c:

There's also a Source engine mod called No More Room In Hell, and that is pretty good. It makes me think of it as a slower paced Left 4 Dead (but it is its own thing! that's just a similarity), less ammo and more avoiding zombies, but still a multiplayer match-based game, if that's something anyone is interested in.

#28 Posted by cyborg100000 (2840 posts) -

Day Z and Project Zomboid. They're also in early development stages with a lot of potential. I think Dead State will be up there as one of the top zombie games upon release as well.

I love L4D as well but it's not the sort of game I can get immersed in and spend 100's of hours on.

#29 Posted by Ballroompirate (22297 posts) -

[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]

brucecambell

DayZ is far from realism sadly, the only thing real about it is you need to eat/drink. Zombie AI is horrible and they supposedly "fixed" the aggro in which zombies can detect you but this morning I had a walker (aka zombie or zed) aggro me 40 yards away and he was behind a group of apartments in the city, I wasn't even running just doing a "tactical shuffle". Oh and I broke my leg opening a door..a fracking door!!!! so luckily I was in the city so I had to crawl to a Hospital and climbed up a ladder (yes climbed up a ladder with a broken leg), get a morphine injector to magically cure my broken leg which I broke opening a damn door :evil:

The game is still in alpha but even for a game that is in alpha it has a lot of issues but can still be fun.

#30 Posted by thedarklinglord (662 posts) -

Day Z and Project Zomboid. They're also in early development stages with a lot of potential. I think Dead State will be up there as one of the top zombie games upon release as well.

I love L4D as well but it's not the sort of game I can get immersed in and spend 100's of hours on.

cyborg100000
Class3 seems to have a lot of potential as well.
#31 Posted by cryceaye5 (1142 posts) -
  1. Resident Evil 2
  2. Left 4 dead (Strictly the first one.)
  3. Dead Rising
  4. Resident Evil 0
  5. Resident Evil remake (The first one on the gamecube.)
  6. Resident Evil Nemesis

Worst Zombie game i've ever played.

Zombie Apocalypse NDA

Resident Evil survivor

#32 Posted by Jacanuk (3983 posts) -

I just realised that even though Resident Evil 2 is one of my favourite games of all time, i'd class Dead Rising as my favourite zombie related game.

What's yours?

Ilovegames1992
It depends on how you define zombie-game, if its just hack/slash then there it nothing close to Dead Rising 1/2 and Left for Dead as a multiplayer. If you go story based, then Resident Evil 1 (2) , that game lay the ground for all other to follow, nothing come close to that game. And its really really sad what have become of that series espiciacly Resident evil 5 and 6, what poor games.
#33 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4079 posts) -

Left 4 Dead for it's co-op mode. If only Resident Evil had managed to replicate it's success....

#34 Posted by Morphic (4334 posts) -

Dead Rising easy. Lord knows how many times i've played it through. Never seem to get bored with it.

#35 Posted by Archangel3371 (15280 posts) -
For me definitely Dead Rising. It was fun as well as funny.
#36 Posted by CDuG (1946 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

What's yours?

Jacanuk

It depends on how you define zombie-game, if its just hack/slash then there it nothing close to Dead Rising 1/2 and Left for Dead as a multiplayer. If you go story based, then Resident Evil 1 (2) , that game lay the ground for all other to follow, nothing come close to that game. And its really really sad what have become of that series espiciacly Resident evil 5 and 6, what poor games.

So you have an advance copy of Resident Evil 6 I'm assuming?

#37 Posted by Jacanuk (3983 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

What's yours?

CDuG

So you have an advance copy of Resident Evil 6 I'm assuming?

Why would you assume that? or do you think its impossible to judge a game on the demo which have been out for a while now?
#38 Posted by sauron210 (25 posts) -
I have enjoyed some zombie server mods on Gmod for some time, but I don't think that counts.
#39 Posted by NicotineKid (1475 posts) -
Dead Rising and Dead Rising 2 are my favorites. But I should also mention Stubbs the Zombie, that game is hilarious.
#40 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

That's a tough question with three great zombie games coming out this year. (Day Z, War Z, The Last of Us)

I'll go with those who haven't been released yet... Resident Evil 4

#41 Posted by wiouds (5021 posts) -

THe problem with DayZ is that is seem to be more PvP then zombie.

#42 Posted by Jacanuk (3983 posts) -

That's a tough question with three great zombie games coming out this year. (Day Z, War Z, The Last of Us)

I'll go with those who haven't been released yet... Resident Evil 4

tjricardo089
Hmmm, how did you come to that conclusion that "The Last of Us" is a zombie game? that game is as much of a zombie game as Fallout is a duck who can bark.
#43 Posted by Jacanuk (3983 posts) -

wiouds
And Last of Us seem more like a post-ac. game then anything remotely related to a zombie game.
#44 Posted by wiouds (5021 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

Jacanuk

And Last of Us seem more like a post-ac. game then anything remotely related to a zombie game.

I hope it more like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. I like games where there are more that just zombies.

#45 Posted by Sagacious_Tien (12562 posts) -
I really love Dead Rising, but the best zombies for me were Resident Evil 2. That game is still my favourite in the series.
#46 Posted by Mortos13 (282 posts) -

Hmmm, probly a list for me.

House of the Dead 2

Dead Rising

Resident Evil

Left 4 Dead

Zombies ate my Neighbors (Hah!)

And the new Day Z mod for ARMA II is pretty damn fun as well. Really realistic (well, for an unfinished mod i mean :p )

#47 Posted by mariokart64fan (19360 posts) -

ill list mine

1 zombies ate my nieghbors- this is always number 1 regardless as it was the first one i enjoyed and i can still pop and play it today

2 dead island -- very good , much like dead rising without that stupid time limit

3 dead rising 2 /off the record

4 re 1 wii

5 re 4 wii edition

6 resident evil 2 n64

7 dead rising ctyd

8 dead rising 2 case zero

9 dead rising 2

10 dead rising 2 case west

#48 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
Resident Evil 4 isn't a zombie game (although very similar), so House of the Dead 2.
#49 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -

Resident Evil 1

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil remake

I dont like the modern day Zombie games. I thought the original Dead Rising was insane at the time, playing Dead Rising 2 im kinda over it. Games like Left 4 dea are just generic shooting galleries, they dont do anything for me.

brucecambell
This pretty much sums up my opinion on the topic as well.
#50 Posted by ZzNashoO (140 posts) -

What's yours?

Ilovegames1992
Don't know if this counts but Arma 2 Dayz has been fun.